Photo: Romney cuts into a pig
January 29th, 2012

Photo: Romney cuts into a pig

Hialaeh, Florida (CNN) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney sliced into a slow roasted pig at a campaign stop at Casa Marin restaurant in Hialaeh, Florida Sunday. Romney even had a taste of the animal, known as Lechón.

Filed under: 2012 • Florida • Mitt Romney
  1. John

Well there goes the Muslim vote

January 29, 2012 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  2. Nimesh Perera

I wish this was on AC360, the caption would go:
    "Here is Mitt Romney demonstrating his planned cuts to pork barrel spending."

January 30, 2012 12:36 am at 12:36 am |
  3. migeli

I thought this headline meant he stabbed Gingrich.Sorry!

January 30, 2012 12:37 am at 12:37 am |
  4. Greg

From one overstuffed pig to another..l

January 30, 2012 12:45 am at 12:45 am |
  5. enuff

Who cares? Why is it news that he ate pork? Next are we going to hear if they install the candidates toilet paper over or under? That should be included in the debates also. It should show their personalities too.

January 30, 2012 01:03 am at 1:03 am |
  6. tamara reina

If he knows how to cut one then he probably knows how to kill one just like I do

January 30, 2012 01:52 am at 1:52 am |
  7. Franny

If I hadn't seen the picture? I would have misunderstood this article's headline. LOL! Thought at first they were talking about another attack by Mitt on Gingrich.

January 30, 2012 02:53 am at 2:53 am |
  8. Emma in Baltimore

What was his campaign committee thinking? Did they really think this would make a great photo-op? This brings up images of "Mitt the Ripper." It also reminds people of the road trip he had with his dog.

January 30, 2012 03:25 am at 3:25 am |
  9. Marie MD

What is so outstanding about that? The flip flopper has never had pig before?

January 30, 2012 06:17 am at 6:17 am |
  10. sick of republican phonies

He even had a TASTE of the roast pig? Such an alien foodstuff, and Mitt was brave enough to taste it? Strange, "un-American" food? What a brave man! THIS is truly newsworthy, CNN! Keep up the good work! Next you know he will eat chop suey! But I bet you won't see him bite into a taco...

January 30, 2012 06:32 am at 6:32 am |
  11. Anonymous

LOL! We all know R-money's servants usually handle this job. However, our Little Princess is wearing his "I'm just a regular workin' guy like you (except when I make thousands of dollars in my sleep)" shirt.

January 30, 2012 07:04 am at 7:04 am |
  12. diridi

Shame on this vulture capitalist stashed money in Bermuda, Cayman Island, and paid 13% taxes, now eating pigs, while Nation goes hunger....what an idiot. If you have brain, just let him spend his money in USA, vote him out in every nook and corner of the nation...This idiot is Flip-Flopper. He opposes Dream Act, bans Social Security, Medicare, health care law., etc, this idiot does not care. He cares Money...I mean "Money". No ethics. No morality. no nothing. Shame, America.

January 30, 2012 07:42 am at 7:42 am |
  13. Rob

Oh Ros-lehtinen still looks ok.

January 30, 2012 07:56 am at 7:56 am |