BLITZER’S BLOG: The importance of debates
January 30th, 2012

BLITZER’S BLOG: The importance of debates

(CNN) – Because I’ve now moderated three of them, I know it will sound self-serving when I say I’ve really enjoyed watching all the Republican presidential debates. There have been about 20 so far, and they have been informative. Like the millions of Americans who’ve watched them on television, I’ve learned a great deal about the candidates. They’ve been really instrumental in shaping public attitudes.

Millions and millions of Americans who’ve watched the debates are now better-informed voters.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • CNN Debate • TV-The Situation Room
  1. rych

Hey WOLF... They are only better voters if you ask relevant questions to the way they'd govern.. Not try and push your bias with questions that are only asked so that the debaters go after one another... Its quite obvious you have a an agenda when you are moderating... Most people see past your BS .. But im guessing that there are many others who dont... for shame..

January 30, 2012 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  2. The Greedy Old Pigs have declared class war on US!

Yes, Wolf, you are a self-serving corporate media toady. And while I agree a good debate is helpful and important, so far you have not been involved in any such debate. Instead we get a flaccid field of clown car candidates spewing their talking point and hate. In the meantime, corporate toadies like you avoid demanding answers to the questions Americans want answered, like what sacrifices will the GOBP deathcult call on the wealthy to share with the rest of us. Or asking why the GOBP deathcult is ignoring the wishes of two thirds of Americans who want taxes raised on the filthy rich. You and your phony journalist friends are too cowardly to ask the most obvious question of all: Will at least one of these flaccid fools running for the nomination admit that history has proven that tax cuts for the filthy rich and deregulation do NOT create jobs?

January 30, 2012 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  3. Four and The Door

The debates have been great to show clearly for people who watch them with an open mind that the Republican focus is on improving the economy for everyone. Rather than using policies and decisions that lately seem to be focused on helping China and other countries do well, it's time to elect an administration focused on helping Americans in all walks of life to improve. It's time to elect an administration whose economic accomplishments go beyond just getting the debt ceiling increased. We need someone in there who can prepare and execute a plan to reduce the debt and secure America's future.

January 30, 2012 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  4. GI Joe

Sorry Wolf - you must be forgetful.. They didn't answer the questions WE wanted answered, and they did bash Obama and rave about themselves in all 19 debates, so it was like watching re-runs after the 1st one.

Hate to be the one to burst your big bubble.

January 30, 2012 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  5. Larry in Houston

Wolf – I applaud you – Keep up the good work !! I know for a fact – between You & AC 360 – You guys are the BEST ! I will be looking forward to anderson's show – right after the vote counting is over with. Just like his last show – right AFTER the State of the Union Address – You were All there – and Anderson interviews everybody & their opinions – he has 6 people in the line of Q. & A. The only one who was in left field with anything to say, was Ari Flechier – amazing, isn't it ? Wolf – Here is my suggestion : You guys need to trade Ari – and get a "twofer" Do you know what a "two-for" is ? ( it means 2 for 1 ) If i were you, Wolf – I would go to my bosses at CNN – and see if you guys can get Bob Beckel & Alan Combs For "the ARI" I mean, you guys would get 2 home runs, vs. somebody who is a complainer, Wolf.

Regards,
    Larry in Houston

January 30, 2012 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  6. T'sah From Virginia

►BLITZER’S BLOG: The importance of debates◄
    Hmm, I saw all 20 of them and actually stayed up late
    I got enlightened and was surprised in the way they were engaged…
    In NONE of the beliefs I cherish and how much they were “all” on the same page

They fought with all of their might to see how far right they can go
    Just to satisfy a small minority, fearing their vote will lend up being a no show!!!
    And the further they went RIGHT did they realize the LEFT should also care?
    Hell No, the LEFT don’t count that’s why “all of them” are on the “bridge to nowhere”

Good job on the last debate “Blitz!”

January 30, 2012 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |