BREAKING: Romney wins Florida primary, CNN projects
January 31st, 2012

BREAKING: Romney wins Florida primary, CNN projects

(CNN) - Mitt Romney will win the Florida primary, CNN projected Tuesday in a result that will cement the front-running status of the former Massachusetts governor for the Republican presidential nomination.

With more than one third of the vote counted, Romney had about 47% of the tally, according to the Florida Department of State Division of Elections. Gingrich had garnered nearly 32%. Former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania was in third, followed by U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas.

For continuing coverage, click here to follow the Ticker's live blog of the Florida primary.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Florida • Mitt Romney
  1. Four and The Door

Obama came in on an anti-Bush vote, not because people saw anything in him to say he was qualified to lead the Federal government or because he had any ideas that made sense. We will be so much better off electing Romney because he absolutely is qualified to lead the Federal government. He has amazing and successful management experience both in the public and private sectors. He has a plan and he knows how to execute it. Get ready America, for someone who can actually achieve the results he promises!

January 31, 2012 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  2. T'sah From Virginia

Romney FLIPS and FLOPS so much, it is very difficult to understand what he STANDS FOR!

If he walks into a room that is green –
    he'll say, "Wow, this room matches the color of my dream$"
    If someone says, "no that's not what I see" –
    MITTens will say, "You're right, yes, I definitely agree"
    Someone else would say, "But I think it's a combination of both"
    MITTens responds, "(smack lips) – Doggone, you're right and that isn't a joke!!"

And this will go on with the blind far-Right/Right not seeing
    That MITTens has “NO STAND” and a problem with foreseeing

Obama 2012 – Because when he walks in a room with the American people, he does not have to be a gecko!

January 31, 2012 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  3. Babs

Please Mr. Santorum.....drop out already. Let Newt and Slick Mitt duke it out.

January 31, 2012 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |
  4. michaelam

So, Floridians held their collective noses and voted for the Corporate Raider of the ONE PERCENT! Well, when you have the cast of clowns that the GOP/Teahadists have paraded around for the world to see and laugh out loud, you really have no choice. And look at the stats.....this is NOT a big win for R-Money regardless of how the GOP Establishment spins it. He spent a lot of money for very little votes! Not many people even bothered to vote in Florida's primary and I cannot blame them-–a cast of clowns.

Since I cannot vote in my state's primary because I would swallow a pound of poisonous mushrooms before I would register GOP, I will save my vote for the election that matters-the General Election. I will cast my vote for the TRUE American, not the one who stashes money in other countries, the true leader, and the man who has my family and my best interests at heart and mind--PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA-2012!

February 1, 2012 01:06 am at 1:06 am |
  5. Josaphat Daniels

For all those people who think romney's business background makes him a better candidate to handle the economy are
    just being played for suckers. There has never been a successful CEO that went on to be a successful president on the
    economy. If that is true then why didn't you guys re-elect Bush snr over governor Clinton and the only two presidents in
    the history of america who were business executives are the former and his son, and they both messed the economy
    especially bush jnr who was twice the damage as his father. So those who make the point of romney's background as what will save the economy is just plain wishful thinking and that is not going to help your established candidate.

February 1, 2012 05:02 am at 5:02 am |
  6. Marry

It is a very sad thing to see – the GOP/TP primaries! Is it really the way to choose someone to the Presidency when the only thing they show is: NO class, NO integrity, NO plan, NO solutions, NO taking responsibility, NO honesty, and NO compassion for “the people”? I mean, if they only represent obstruction and then blame others that they can’t fix everything they broke fast enough? What will people like that hold for our future? Nothing good – that’s for sure!

February 1, 2012 06:41 am at 6:41 am |
  7. Ohio man

@ Four and The Door

Once again.. No facts to back up ur statement.. but it was a funny to read .. lol.. you crack me .. You do know that Mitt him self said the economy is gettting better.. so what exactly do we need him for..???? and Running a COUNTRY has more to do with it then being an " Investor" thats all Mitt is.. he is not a Job creator.. he is an investor .. just like the like a any other person that plays the stock market.. its all about money .. please educate yourself.. well never mind .. your mind has been made up since day 1 that the Prez is no good.. enjoy ur day ..

February 1, 2012 07:01 am at 7:01 am |