Colbert super PAC rakes in $1 million
January 31st, 2012

Colbert super PAC rakes in $1 million

New York (CNNMoney) - Stephen Colbert's super PAC is working with some serious cash.

Americans For A Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow reported Tuesday that it has raised $1,023,121, according to a document filed with the Federal Election Commission.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Stephen Colbert
  1. george of the jungle

So much for super pacs. I think Cobert has made his point. Now how do we get rid of these. Pretty bad when a billion air las vegas hotel owner can change the direction of a campaign or when a rich governor can out spend his opponant four times over. Politics is a matter of money anymore. And the American people will suffer as we are bought out by corporations. This is a repo idea gone bad.

January 31, 2012 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  2. Fair is Fair

Gee – I wonder which party's candidates are re going to benefit from this money?

January 31, 2012 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  3. diridi

don't send it to china, spend it in America....o.k, Obama2012.

January 31, 2012 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  4. Voice of Reason

If anyone had any questions about the credibility of super PACs, this should answer it. SuperPACs are now just 'slush funds' for whatever campaign. When even the joke candidate can raise millions with no accountability and no record-keeping.

The same thing is happening in the Romney and Gingrich campaigns – Every morning, a dumptruck full of cash pulls up to the loading dock at the back of campaign headquarters and empties out. The candidates then spend their mornings kissing the collective heinies of their corporate masters, and fine-tuning the days lies and attack ads.

Do I sound cynical? Maybe I'm just sick of the giant 'For Sale' sign hanging up in front of voters booth.

January 31, 2012 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  5. McCain-in-4

Keep the PAC Alive! The more ads Stephen Colbert's SuperDuperPAC! airs, the more I want to vote the GOP Gingrich/Romney ticket (or is it Romney/Gingrich?) Paul Ron? Sanctimonious? Dang – now I'm all confused.

Maybe I'll just stay home and watch SuperDuperPAC! ads.

January 31, 2012 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  6. DaveinSC

I know Colbert's a comedian whose goal is to show the absurdities of politics, but I wish some of this money were spent on lobbying to repeal the whole Citizens United ruling.

January 31, 2012 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  7. Truth and Nothing But the Truth

Wonderful... A million dollars donated to a complete fool for the purpose of ridiculous nonsense. Would this money have been better spent at the Red Cross or some other worthwhile charitable organizations? People sending this idiot money are complete imbeciles.

January 31, 2012 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |