Worst place to lose your job: Florida
January 31st, 2012

Worst place to lose your job: Florida

New York (CNNMoney) – If you lose your job in Florida, chances are you won't find another one any time soon.

The Sunshine State has the highest rate of long-term unemployment in the nation. Some 53% of jobless Floridians were out of work for more than six months in 2011, according to Brookings' Hamilton Project, which crunched Census data.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Florida • Jobs
  1. diridi

English learning should be mandatory...o.k, Need strict immigration rule implemented.

January 31, 2012 07:44 am at 7:44 am |
  2. Anonymous

Given the TV ad manure being spread by the GOBP's flaccid field of clown car failures, Florida was also ranked the worst place to watch TV over the last two weeks.

January 31, 2012 08:12 am at 8:12 am |
  3. PTNY

Does this mean there is a GOOD place to loose your job? I would think no income and warm weather would be a good place to get laid off. Less heating expenses and you can BBQ outside and not in the snow.

January 31, 2012 08:24 am at 8:24 am |
  4. andres

its hard to go back to work when is so nice outside.

January 31, 2012 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  5. The Real Tom Paine

Maybe that rail project was not such a bad idea, after all. If Newt and Mitt are willing to dump billions into interplanetary travel and moon colonies, why not that?

January 31, 2012 09:11 am at 9:11 am |
  6. Chuck Nappi

I am a college educated white american. I have been unemployed for a year . I have had several initial inteviews in my field of interior design in Miami for which I am completely qualified. But I am excluded because I do not speak spanish. I cannot believe an american born college educated man cannot get a job because he does not speak a foreign language in his own county. This is a major problem. English needs to be the official language in this country.

January 31, 2012 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  7. WiredweirdinSF

That is it, CNN. Please keep the focus on Obama, the democrat liberals and the lies they told us when they were stealing the stimulus and health care money for the dope addicts, welfare frauds and corrupt union bosses. Please point out that they lying mouthpiece of the DNC, Debbie Wasserman Schultz is from Florida and that her lying butt should be retired by Florida voters. Oh, wait I thought I was talking to an unbiased news organization, I am so sorry.

January 31, 2012 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  8. Big George in Big D

What a melting pot of people – no place I want to go!

January 31, 2012 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  9. Truth and Nothing But the Truth

Geez, haven't all these unemployed Floridians heard that the Obama recovery is here??? It's called permanent high unemployment where the economy creates barely enough jobs to absorb the new workers coming into the workforce. They've been playing games with the unemployment figures to bring the rate down (large numbers of people no longer looking for a job) to make Obama look good. The facts on the ground, like in Florida, show the declining unemployment figures to be pure Obama fantasy.

January 31, 2012 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  10. harvey 60

A perfect advertisement for the abysmal policies of the Republican Party. The Florida legislature has been controlled by Republicans for years. They have held the Governor's office since January 1999. Rick Scott spent $50 million of his own money to get elected. Romney has spent $16 million to win the primary. Too bad they didn't invest in the people of Florida. Instead, they seek to create more tax breaks for themselves while cutting benefits for the poor and elderly.

January 31, 2012 10:51 am at 10:51 am |