Breakfast in bed? Almost
February 1st, 2012

Breakfast in bed? Almost

(CNN) - Love is in the air for Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul as he and his wife, Carol, celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary on Wednesday.

At a campaign stop in Las Vegas, the Texas congressman opened up about how he started the day with his longtime bride.

Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"She didn't make it this morning because this was her day that I said she could sleep in, and I provided her breakfast for her this morning," Paul, 76, said to a round of cheers and applause.

But with the couple traveling on the campaign trail, the candidate said the meal wasn't quite as romantic as one would expect.

"Now, I have to confess I didn't make the breakfast," he said. "I just called room service and made sure it was ready when she got up."

Also see:

Romney: Convention or bust

Santorum looks past Florida

New anti-Obama ad slams Solyndra 'fiasco'

Romney to receive Secret Service protection

Filed under: 2012 • Nevada • Ron Paul
  1. kat

who cares !

February 1, 2012 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  2. Rob

55 years of marriage...what do you got, Newt?

February 1, 2012 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  3. Anonymous

Dr. Paul is a class act! I hope he's having a wonderful time in the most unique city in the country!

February 1, 2012 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  4. Crazy papa

Room service...man he can really relate to the 99%!

February 1, 2012 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  5. Sniffit

Wow...55 years? Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Magoo!

February 1, 2012 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  6. NZ

What?!?!?! This is news??? The obvious cause for what's wrong in our country. Let's talk about the real issues.

February 1, 2012 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  7. GonzoinHouston

55 years is impressive these days no matter what your politics. Congrats to the two of them.

February 1, 2012 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  8. LacrosseMom(real one)

Congratulations to Ron & his wife.

February 1, 2012 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  9. Cyrus

Awww...I love it when crazy old people play president.

February 1, 2012 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  10. Bill

Good for him. Congratulations.

February 1, 2012 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  11. bookworm

Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Paul on 55 years of marriage. Quite an achievement! Enjoy your day. (Keep up the good fight, Dr. Paul.....this country needs you, whether they realize it or not!!!)

February 1, 2012 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  12. My name is Jose Jimenez

How touching that this old, senile couple are having such a great time. It is largely due to the fact that each day starts out as a new adventure since they can't remember what happened yesterday.

February 1, 2012 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  13. Dan, TX

Yes, congratulations. Anyone with any negative thoughts – please don't waste your time posting.

February 1, 2012 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  14. FedUp

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Paul. That is a milestone that you should be very proud of! Too bad today's young married people don't try more than 43 days before they try to divorce.

February 1, 2012 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  15. Expat American

I support the President, but I've liked some of the things Paul has mentioned in regards to foreign policy. Have a nice anniversary.

February 1, 2012 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  16. mark

I love it when someone calls Ron Paul crazy. It shows you that they are happy with the establishment and are satisfied with the current fleecing of America, whether they on the left or the right. So who is the crazy one?

February 1, 2012 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  17. Gurgi

In this day and age, 55 years is amazing and to be congratulated, no matter what your politics are.

February 1, 2012 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  18. Ari

Nice story, Political Unit. Hope you don't get fired for writing a positive article on Dr. Paul. Can't have that at CNN.

PS. Nice touch on ignoring the fourth place finisher on the result beside the article.

msmboycott dot com

February 1, 2012 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  19. Woman In California

Try celebrating it WITHOUT civil rights Dr. Paul. Enjoy your anniversary.

February 1, 2012 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  20. Anonymous

While I support many of Ron Paul's positions, this is not news, CNN.

February 1, 2012 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |