Trump confirms he will endorse Romney
February 2nd, 2012

Trump confirms he will endorse Romney

(CNN) - Celebrity business magnate Donald Trump endorsed Mitt Romney for president Thursday, telling reporters he will not mount an independent campaign if Romney is the Republican nominee.

Trump, who has repeatedly flirted with the possibility of his own White House bid, revealed his decision in Las Vegas two days before Nevada's Saturday caucuses.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Donald Trump • Mitt Romney • Nevada
  1. Jared

All I can say is WOW to the people using the "I like to fire people" and "the very poor" quotes about Romney. Seriously people! If all you have against Mitt Romney is a couple quotes taken way out of context then that is very sad.

February 2, 2012 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  2. TM

Has Trump fully reviewed Willard's long form birth certificate? Does Trump know that Romney's father wasn't born in this country?

February 2, 2012 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  3. NoKidding

Who isTrump? (Just kidding!) He would do anything to keep his name in the news, and is as disgusting as they come. If I was Romney, I'd tell Trump: PLEASE, do NOT endorse me! Do me a favor and go endorse my opponent instead!

February 2, 2012 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  4. Mark

One millionaire endorsing another millionaire. I'm shocked.

February 2, 2012 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  5. Don

1% endorses 1%. Shocking revelation.

February 2, 2012 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  6. Paganini

Another megalomaniac that worked the system and screwed A LOT of people out of A LOT of money in New York City and elsewhere. Pay your bills, Trump, you deadbeat! Anything Trump is for, I'm against...

February 2, 2012 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  7. seth

really though, does anyone care who he endorses.... lol media hype

February 2, 2012 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  8. Romney is not My Hero

Yes!!! Donald Tramp is going to endorse Robot Romney. It will be a cake walk for President Obama.

February 2, 2012 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  9. snowdogg

Is an endorsement from THE DONALD a blessing or a curse?

February 2, 2012 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  10. Vince

There goes any chance of me voting GOP. Trump is their go to guy?

February 2, 2012 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  11. NVa Native

Trump is like Fredo in the "Godfather". A weasel who's always looking for his angle, and never sees how his actions effect anyone else – typical of who GOP worships as celebrities.

February 2, 2012 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  12. Taylor

So What.....do you think it will help ?????????? Two peas in a POT

February 2, 2012 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  13. raygotaway

Why is anyone giving Trump The Hair Desperado any credence? He's a loser carnival barker.
    Watch Mitt smile like an idiot at the endorsement and break down inside–screaming to
    himself . . . .NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 2, 2012 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  14. Kathleen Farrell

How embarassing for Mitt. Tough to look gracious when such a despicable man honors you.

February 2, 2012 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  15. Carla Vazq

LOL,,,,,LOL!!! Donny is as fake as his hair.

February 2, 2012 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  16. clarke

I personally don't think much about endorsements. Some people will vote for someone just because he/she was endorsed by so and so and that is what they hope for. Well I am not a sheep, I have a brain and do use it from time to time.

February 2, 2012 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  17. FactCheck

That's great.. now, who are the Kardashians and Snookie endorsing?

February 2, 2012 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  18. Lean6

I would love to see a candidate reject an endorsement one of these days. In the case of Trump, it couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

February 2, 2012 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |