Trump confirms he will endorse Romney
February 2nd, 2012

Trump confirms he will endorse Romney

(CNN) - Celebrity business magnate Donald Trump endorsed Mitt Romney for president Thursday, telling reporters he will not mount an independent campaign if Romney is the Republican nominee.

Trump, who has repeatedly flirted with the possibility of his own White House bid, revealed his decision in Las Vegas two days before Nevada's Saturday caucuses.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Donald Trump • Mitt Romney • Nevada
  1. Jim in San Mateo

Why does Trump think he matters?

February 2, 2012 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  2. Mick Fraser

Quelle surprise! Another free photo op for the boorish blockhead.

February 2, 2012 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  3. vatoloke

Who cares?!
    Why should anyone care?!
    When is this hack of a joke going to go away?!

February 2, 2012 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  4. Mitt's grass is green because it's cash.

I'm sure I speak for the majority when I say who cares?

February 2, 2012 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  5. Carl

A chump endorsing another chump.

February 2, 2012 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  6. matt

Last night CNN was reporting that Trump would endorse Newt. So who is it?

February 2, 2012 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  7. Renee Goodson

Are you kidding me?? I have such high regard for Donald Trump but he is wrong wrong wrong on this! I know so many people who are going to sit this election out because of Mitt. Looks like we are going to get 4 more years of Satan. I will no longer support Trump in anything! Obummer has been setting this up for over a year to run against Romney – it's a game! Our Nation deserves more than these games! Our nation is falling and will continue to fall farther down down down. What a JOKE!

February 2, 2012 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  8. Dave

Trump is a poster child for what's wrong with the GOP. Democrats should be happy he has given this kiss of death to Romney.

February 2, 2012 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  9. Danram

So Trump is endorsing Romney? Last night Fox News was reporting that he was going to be endorsing Gnigrich instead. Not that it really matters all that much, since I can't see Donald Trump's opinion influencing very many people one way or the other.

February 2, 2012 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  10. Curt

Well that enough reason not to vote for Romney.

February 2, 2012 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  11. Willie Floyd

And I thought we were rid of this idiot.

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012/WARREN NEAR FUTURE

February 2, 2012 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  12. PoBoy

Trump's endorsement and a dollar will get you a piece of penny candy at one of his casinos!

February 2, 2012 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  13. Jo

Maybe this is good for Romney?

February 2, 2012 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  14. StalkerJamfo

Donald Trump is a very articulate, well spoken man and his endorsement will mean the world to the Romney campaign!!!

February 2, 2012 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  15. Wire Palladin, S. F.

One pile of garbage endorsing another. Show us your birth certificate, your military discharge, and 8 years of tax returns.

February 2, 2012 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  16. Kevin

Fox News and other media is reporting that Trump is endorsing Newt Gingrich not Romney. I guess we will only know the truth till we hear it come out of his own mouth and not reporters.

February 2, 2012 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  17. MK54

Another guy that likes to fire people, doesn't care about the poor and thinks corporations are more important than people.

February 2, 2012 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  18. RomneyIsAFlipFlopper

They both enjoy firing people.

February 2, 2012 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  19. Kevin

After I posted my last comment, Fox News just switched their headline to endorsing Romney. Guess Trump cant make up his mind.

February 2, 2012 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  20. Dave

Talk about the kiss of Death!

February 2, 2012 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  21. Luba Makowsky

I really really do hope that Mitt Romney tell Donald Trump thanks but no thanks for your indorsement. I do not believe that they have anything in common except for the fact that they are both successful business men. However, in reference to the importance of the Evangelical base and the social issues Trump is as good a Christian as Newt Gingrich is. I think they share more in common. Multiple wives, doing what they want with no respect for their faith and the reprocussions it could cause. I really think that Newt and Trump should be together as an endorsement and share their same issues for the election.
    For me if Romney did thank Trump but not accept would be an enormous coup for his comapaign. He would definately prove how important the social and religious areas of his campaign were very important. Go for it Mitt, show the American people you are the man you say you are.

February 2, 2012 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  22. Kimberly

Not that Romney has a functioning brain, BUT if anyone in his camp has one, they will tell him to DECLINE the endorsement, and take his butt to a soup kitchen, to show that he didnt mean what he said when he said hes not concerned with the poor...As a Democrat, I cant WAIT to see this idiot accept this MORONS endorsement...Obama couldnt write his campaign ads better if he TRIED!!!
    OBAMA 2012

February 2, 2012 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  23. jaywing

A rich vampire putting the Kiss of Death on another rich vampire. The GOP - Vampire Capitalism.

February 2, 2012 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  24. bonester

Why is Punxsutawney Phil on The Donald's head?

February 2, 2012 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  25. kit8

Trump will make an excellent vice president for Mitt.

February 2, 2012 11:34 am at 11:34 am |