Votes tallied at Las Vegas caucus site
February 4th, 2012

Votes tallied at Las Vegas caucus site

Las Vegas (CNN) - Ballots have been counted for one precinct caucusing at Becker Middle School in Las Vegas. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney won precinct 3807 with 36 votes, followed by Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who had 8 votes. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum both took 3 votes.

Before the ballots were cast, six people spoke on behalf of the candidates. Three spoke in favor of Paul, and three spoke for Romney.

After the speeches, ballots were distributed and voters made their picks.

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney • Nevada
  1. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Navada should send Newt Gingrich packing by placing him last and other States should follow, this would be good for the country because Newt is unfit.

February 4, 2012 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  2. Matt

Very frustrated with the caucus. My wife and I took our 2 kids to caucus this morning, voted and were told we were done so we left. 10 minutes later a friend texted us to let us know that they had used the incorrect pieces of paper and had to re-vote. Because of that mistake, Romney lost almost 50% of his votes but luckily still won the precinct. Now, I wasted over an hour of my day to not have my vote count. I cannot explain how angry I am at the broken caucus system.

February 4, 2012 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  3. Patrick Lee

Results for precinct 1717, total of 70 voters, Gingrich-22, Paul-6, Romney-39, Santorum-3

February 4, 2012 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  4. Annie, Atlanta

Gingrich did a better job when he pointed out what Romney's company, Bain, was all about. In this economy that was a winning message. Wonder why he stopped. He went into Florida a winner with a good message and came out a whiner. Doesn't anyone else wonder who put the clamps on Gingrich?

February 4, 2012 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  5. Greg

Am I missing something, or did only 50 people vote in Las Vegas?

February 4, 2012 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |