Gingrich explains his way forward
February 5th, 2012

Gingrich explains his way forward

Las Vegas (CNN) - On his heels after two straight primary defeats to rival Mitt Romney, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich insists he is in the Republican presidential race until the August nominating convention.

However, Gingrich is scaling back some expectations, outlining a survival strategy while continuing to boldly predict he will remain a viable force in the four-man race.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Newt Gingrich
  1. diridi

Enough GOP

February 5, 2012 09:01 am at 9:01 am |
  2. Matt

Newt stop embarrassing yourself, the R party, and America...it is time to drop out.

February 5, 2012 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  3. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Newt will have to realize that his only road to the white house is as a third party candidate. The Kochs, Rove and the Wall Street billionaires are supporting Mittens.

February 5, 2012 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  4. Dick Cheney is the smegma of mankind!

And all the media sheeple that the newt so disdains were right there givinghim all the coverage his ego could spout off.

February 5, 2012 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  5. Demswin2012

I thought mr Newt didn't like the MSM??
    What gives? Oh, I know, it must be because of his losing streak.
    See, Newtyou really are a hypocrite.

February 5, 2012 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  6. Al

Nuwt played the press like a drum. I tuned into CNN to hear expert analysis, instead I heard a 22 minute wandering infomertial,by Nuwt, during the major part of the evening. I finally turned to sports. Please, next time record his wandering talk and play it later. His was a classless act wilth CNN duplicity. This is my first post ever but CNN and other national news outlets let me down. I'm still deciding who to vote for. Don't let any political person do that to you again.

February 5, 2012 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  7. Hair bear

I say hang in there Newt! Santorum go home! Paul can stay for laughs!

February 5, 2012 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  8. vic , nashville ,tn

We will vote for Newt on supper Tuesday to send a message to establishment

Mitt Romney, Mitch McConnell and John Boehner Oh no

February 5, 2012 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  9. T'sah From Virginia

►Gingrich explains his way forward◄
    And it's all about HIM and he's being very HORRID!
    He's definitely a LOSER but not even a GOOD sore LOSER
    Newt's Head Strong & Dead Wrong traveling on an unguided missile cruiser!!

The Republicans are a MESS!!!!

Obama 2012

February 5, 2012 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  10. Susan

Newt, you are an embarassment! Stop trying to ruin the chance of the republicans to win back the white house. If you are the nominee, I will vote for Obama.

February 5, 2012 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  11. mfb

Who would vote for a clown like newt with his track record?

February 5, 2012 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  12. gg

listening to the republican same old ,same old , mitt is the most boring off them all

February 5, 2012 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  13. Anthony

Gingrich's strategy is simple: wait for Santorum to drop out. If Santorum does not drop out, Gingrich should aim for a brokered convention. There is no need for Gingrich to get out of Romney's way if Obama leads Romney by 4 points in the Rasmussen poll.

February 5, 2012 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  14. Bystander

I can see the moonman on the moon from my backyard.

February 5, 2012 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  15. Sorensen

Desparation, panic, arrogance, irrelevance, disgrace and grossly overweight and undisciplined.

February 5, 2012 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |