Bachmann says she was the ‘perfect candidate’
February 6th, 2012

Bachmann says she was the ‘perfect candidate’

(CNN) - She may have dropped her bid for the presidential nomination, but Michele Bachmann is still adamantly pushing her conservative credentials.

Asked by Bloomberg TV’s Al Hunt to name the most conservative candidate remaining in the 2012 race, Bachmann responded by plugging herself.

Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I was. I was the perfect candidate," Bachmann said. "America had their chance with the perfect candidate. But any of our candidates are going to be acceptable to the American people. More than acceptable, because right now, if you look at the Gallup map that came out this week, President Obama is in big trouble all across the country."

Bachmann’s assertion that she was the prefect candidate ultimately comes too late – the Minnesota congresswoman dropped out of the 2012 GOP race in January after finishing sixth in Iowa, the state where she was born.

She announced last week that she would seek re-election for her seat in Congress.

Also see:

Nevada runners up, Paul and Santorum vow to continue campaigns

Obama: Israel undecided on attack against Iran

Gingrich outlines a Southern revival strategy

Ohio newspaper endorses Romney

Filed under: 2012 • Michele Bachmann
  1. John

The Only person that think you are the Perfect Candidate Is You. What a sick person you are. You shouldn't even be Reelected for Congress and I hope the People of Minnesota think this way to.

February 7, 2012 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  2. rob1961

I can think of a lot of things and places she would be perfect for. None of them are elected offices or places that demand even half a brain.

February 7, 2012 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  3. Carl LeFong

Of course she plugged herself. Marcus sure wont.

February 7, 2012 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  4. Nice

The perfect candidate...as in perfectly clueless.

February 7, 2012 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  5. Pauletteb

Bachmann is "perfect" all right, but a perfect what my being a lady and the rules of this board prevent me from saying.

February 7, 2012 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  6. George

Can't we just pray the Bachmann away?

February 7, 2012 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  7. Joe

How can you not love somebody this dense? If she was the perect candidate, we are in more trouble in this country than I ever imagined. My deep hope is that the voters of her District will not return her to Congress, and just send her back to the loving arms of her husband Marcus. After her showing in Iowa, politically, she is yesterday's news.

February 7, 2012 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  8. SoSueMe

Perfectly delusional.

February 7, 2012 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  9. Mike

Just keep telling yourself THAT Bachmann!! You just might start believing it!! I'd like to see her get re-elected to the House of Representatives. I'm from Iowa and that's all we hear about these days is how unhappy her own electorate in MN is with her.

February 7, 2012 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  10. Citizen

Maybe she could run the project newt wants to build on the moon. Since it won't happen she would be perfect for that.

February 7, 2012 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  11. Reality Check

Newt wants a base on the moon, Mitt wants a tax haven on the moon, and Michelle Bachmann already lives there....

February 7, 2012 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  12. Kevin

She IS the perfect candidate for President! In "Idiocracy II". Absolutely perfect! I've tried to think of a better one, but I can't. Michele, you're perfect! I'll definitely go see it in the theater, and most likely buy the blu-ray.

February 7, 2012 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  13. I can see Russia from my house

The only thing she is perfect for is cleaning the bathrooms. Tell me this – what has she achieved as a Rep? Nothing!

February 7, 2012 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  14. cecilia

Oh Lord its hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way – to know me is to love me
    enough already? I thought so. maybe she can go visit Sarah – they can do that mirror mirror on the wall thing

February 7, 2012 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  15. Squigman

Compared to what/who? Republicans, believe they and they alone are the end all, be all. Get out of my way. I'm republican and I'm here to save you from yourself. Remember, you're just a lowlife democrat, and you've lost your way. Me on the other hand, have the inside ear of god himself, and I'm in the know. You on the other hand have no reason to exist, except to make my life worse by raising my taxes. Republicans make me sick.

February 7, 2012 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  16. Rad

Finally someone who understand my logic...
    Mom, that "F" on my report card stands for "Fantastic!!!"

February 7, 2012 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  17. treblemaker

Do you know how far right-wing she really is? The USA went to World War II to help fight against such right-wing extremism.
    BTW, George Washington, the father of our country, was in his time a rich and powerful–Radical Liberal Revolutionary!! OMG, can you believe it! And the living Messiah, Jesus Christ, was in his time-a Radical Liberal Revolutionary JEWISH RABBI! OMG, can you believe it! It is not for me to judge Michelle Bachmann-but pride goes before the fall.

February 7, 2012 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  18. John Craig

Better to let people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

February 7, 2012 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  19. scoto

Too dumb to know how dumb she really is

February 7, 2012 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  20. Stentor

(Sigh) So pretty, but so cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs. Never have I seen such a delusional woman, she is truly nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake.

February 7, 2012 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  21. LarryB

A legend in her own mind.

February 7, 2012 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  22. grahame rhodes

I've seen more intelligence upon the walls of public toilets than Ms Bachmann

February 7, 2012 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  23. Anonymous

Now at your local bookstore. Shortest book in American History "Republican book of wit and wisdom? by Michelle Bachmann

February 7, 2012 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  24. Tony Torres

Why do you (CNN) give this "maroon", like Bugs Bunny would describe this empty headed jerk, the time of day. She is somewhere in the same category of the other fool "Sarah Palin". Please cover things that are meaningful, not these airheads.

February 7, 2012 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  25. CEL1

I think it is time for a woman president, BUT NOT A CRAZY ONE !! Bachmann, go away, please. We are tired of your tired old retoric.

February 7, 2012 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |