Light voter turnout in Missouri
February 7th, 2012

Light voter turnout in Missouri

(CNN) - There are reports of light voter turnout in Missouri even though a clear vote total will not be available until later Tuesday night, a Missouri state official told CNN.

Heading into the non-binding primary, the Missouri secretary of state estimated approximately 960,000 voters would participate in the contest, based on projections from local election officials.

But a state official said the anecdotal reports indicate the turnout could be less than the earlier estimate.

The secretary of state's office told CNN the primary is costing taxpayers $7 million.

Filed under: 2012 • Missouri • Republicans
  1. sick of obama

Every one seems so ticked about the repubs spending 7 mil but if the dems were doing the same thing no one would really care whats wrong with that picture?

February 7, 2012 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  2. commonsense

I live in Springfield the third largest city in the state & I spoke to someone who voted at 3 & was number 97. It is so frustrating when the GOP preaches about fiscal responsibility & wastes r money on something that won't even count for anything.

February 7, 2012 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  3. Nothing new here

A 7 million dollar waste of the taxpayers $$$$.
    Get for real.

February 7, 2012 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  4. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

We need everyone to participate. If you don't, then you can't complain. I would hope that everyone would make the effort to vote.

February 7, 2012 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  5. maw065

I work in a VERY busy bank in Columbia, and I have to admit, I had no idea that today was a election day; there were no 'I Voted!' stickers, no old folks making cracks about 'getting to the polls' or anything. I'm sure glad the state paid $7 million when we have so much need elsewhere rather than funding a worthless primary.

February 7, 2012 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  6. labman57

Other than Santorum's supporters, the people cheering the loudest over Rick's primary and caucus victories are Obama's supporters.

February 8, 2012 01:27 am at 1:27 am |