Romney does campaign first as Paul hopes for first win in Maine
February 11th, 2012

Romney does campaign first as Paul hopes for first win in Maine

Portland, Maine (CNN) - Following a trio of embarrassing losses, Mitt Romney did something Saturday that he has not done this election cycle: visiting caucus sites on voting day.

"I want to be your nominee. I want to beat President Obama," he told caucus-goers in Sanford. "I believe I can. I believe I'm the one person in this race who actually can beat this president. I believe it's essential that we beat this president. That we take America back and that we keep America as it's always been - the hope of the earth."

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Maine • Mitt Romney • Ron Paul
  1. Mitt for President

Hope you get a win in Maine today Mitt!

February 11, 2012 08:45 am at 8:45 am |
  2. Anthony

Romney is in big trouble. He trails Obama by 5 point in FOX News Poll. He trails Obama by 10 points in the Rasmussen poll. Given these polls, the only inevitable thing about Romney is that he will lose, either in the primary or in the general election.

February 11, 2012 08:57 am at 8:57 am |
  3. once upon a horse

you know it's pretty sad when you have to go around and try to convience people that you're a conservative and the STILL don't believe you. Just as bad as being a so-called front runner for a party that is trying to find anybody BUT you to nominate this August. So how is that Trump endorsement going for you so far Mitt?

February 11, 2012 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  4. GI Joe.

Probably be handing out a few $$ to get the results he wants. How high is he willing to go for a vote? Hold out for thousands, people, $60 gets you groceries for a week - thousands can make a difference in your life. THEN write in whomever you REALLY WANT.

February 11, 2012 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  5. Mikey

This guy is a totally empty suit and the Republican electorate know it. He has no political vision or values, adopting whatever position suits his needs at the time. He is a serial liar and should not be allowed anywhere near the White House. Just like the Republican primary electorate, the general public knows this, too. Mitt Romney will never be President. Romney guarantees a second term for Obama and I could not be happier about it.

February 11, 2012 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  6. george of the jungle

I think it is pauls turn tio win one.

February 11, 2012 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  7. george of the jungle

I think it is pauls turn to win one.

February 11, 2012 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  8. silvia

Better hurry on up there Willard before the oberservant people in Main get to like you even less.

February 11, 2012 10:46 am at 10:46 am |