Breaking: Congress signs off on payroll tax cut deal
February 16th, 2012

Breaking: Congress signs off on payroll tax cut deal

(CNN) - Congressional negotiators on Thursday signed off on an agreement to extend the payroll tax cut and unemployment benefits while avoiding a fee cut for Medicare doctors for the rest of the year.

The measure now goes to the House and Senate for final votes.

Filed under: Congress • Taxes
  1. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Did the right wingnuts include an attack on women's rights? How else would the GOP support it?

February 16, 2012 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  2. Obama's Snake Oil on Sale - Git yur lies and deceit here!!

Dang! Only in America can I use the taxpayers own money to bribe them to vote for me in an election year and get away with calling it stimulus money. Fools don't realize I just passed the bill on to their grand kids. I'm sure the kids won't mind all this debt. Debt is GOOD! Just can't get enough of that good old American debt. $20 TRILLION here we come! YEAH!!!

February 16, 2012 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  3. Anonymous

Did they include a clause to drug test politicians?

February 16, 2012 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  4. Rudy NYC

Will the Tea Party come though? If they had any sense, then they should see the box they're in. The question is do they see they box outside the box they're in. I don't want to give it away, not just yet.

February 16, 2012 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  5. diridi

Raise the Tax on 250k or more earners, nab Medicare Fraud. I bet all these times republicans are the part of the FRAUD.

February 16, 2012 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  6. Obama's Snake Oil on Sale - Git yur lies and deceit here!!

Hey America, going into debt for another $100 BILLION is worth it. That's only a measely $25 BILLION a year to renew my services. I promise I'll have that unemployment down to 7.4% by the end of my second term. I'm sure at least that many people will roll out of the workforce and drop the percentage and make me look like I'm actually accomplishing something. It's all about the smoke and mirrors my fellow suckers, I mean Americans.

February 16, 2012 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  7. Wire Palladin, S. F.

February 16, 2012 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  8. DumbasRocks [R]s

As everyone can tell from the idiotic comments coming out of the orifices of the rightwing (e.g. see the witless comments by "Obama' snake oil on sale"), it is a very hard thing for the Tea-wingers to swallow watching their leadership cave-in to allow something good to be done for America. Many of them are throwing their slack-jawed tantrums....upset that the 99% get some benefit....upset that the economy is finally re-starting in earnest despite their best efforts to starve it from stimulus and stall it in its tracks. These idiots love FAILURE - first they elect [R] FAILURE to office, so that it can infect and diminish America, then they complain bitterly when the [D]s come along to drag them kicking and screaming out of their self-created FAILURE. The Teapublicans are a sad, malignant idiocracy.

The next time these vapid clowns screech about the debt, ask them to provide the amount of debt that would have been incurred if they would have been allowed to see their free-fall into economic depression come to fruition. Ask them about a cost/benefit analysis concerning the current stimulus spending that has led us to avoid that huge depression-caused debt. Yes, ask them - but don't be surprised by their blank stare back at you - these people are uber-partisan shills that vacuously parrot the Teatard line, and they have no ability to grasp reality via a cogent analysis of facts.

February 16, 2012 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  9. Truth and Nothing But the Truth

Wire Palladin, S. F. - Republicans are pretty good at creating near depressions and deep recessions, but not so smart about getting out of them.
    ==========================================================================================
    Yeah... all of those evil rich 1%er Republicans defaulting on their homes did it!! Makes a lot of sense huh? Honestly Wire, you gotta put the bottle down!!

February 16, 2012 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  10. Anonymous

"Hey America, going into debt for another $100 BILLION is worth it."

Given your concern for the budget, we look forward to your support for the millionaire tax.

February 16, 2012 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |