Obama’s $4 million night
February 23rd, 2012

Obama’s $4 million night

Miami (CNN) – President Obama isn’t only in Florida to talk energy at the University of Miami. He’s here to line his campaign coffers with millions of more dollars.

After his 25-minute speech wrapped, the president headed off to the first of three fundraisers of the evening in this politically crucial state: a $1,000 per-person rally at Miami’s Biltmore Hotel, according to a Democratic official.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • President Obama
  1. diridi

Obbie, I will send some money too....for your re-election. I care for America, that's why....Obama2012.

February 23, 2012 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  2. Four and The Door

I am sure in November when American voters walk up to the ballot boxes, Obama's $5 trillion 3 years will weigh heavier on their decision than his $4 million night.

February 23, 2012 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  3. bill

Doesn't he have a job to do?

February 23, 2012 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  4. Emmy Skaddittle

well maybe he has caught up to ayatollah santourm

February 23, 2012 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  5. Mikey

Go Obama!!!! You'll need every penny to fend off the billionaires who want to put a GOP puppet in the WH.

How do we overturn Citizens United – one of the worst SCOTUS decisions in history.

February 23, 2012 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  6. R

"President Obama isn’t only in Florida to talk energy at the University of Miami. He’s here to line his campaign coffers with millions of more dollars."

Look at that – something Democrats and Republicans can agree on – doing everything that can to sucker more people out of their hard-earned money.

February 23, 2012 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  7. tarura

" . . . and before this decade is up . . . we shall send to the moon " . . . our solar panels to stay there forever – LOL

February 23, 2012 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  8. Silence DoGood

Obama can campaign using government resources (my taxes) using a weak excuse like "I'm uh here to talk about um, energy, yeah".

Does that mean I can deduct my next trip to Hawaii with the excuse "i might um be looking for work for my um company"?

I know I know, past presidents have done it to. I already know that Obama is starting to look more like the same old thing.

February 23, 2012 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  9. JerseyBill

A simple man of the people. Just looking out for the little guy. The heroe on the 99%...... A complete fraud.

February 23, 2012 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  10. Claudia, Phoenix, AZ

Love you Mr. President and we've "got your back" when you call on us.

February 23, 2012 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  11. sara

Bill...yes he has a job, digging out the pig sty left by the republican administration. Doing quite a job despite the republican party trying to bring down the country for personal gain while distracting idiots like you. BTW, the question should have been screamed on the jobs you were promised in 2012.

February 23, 2012 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  12. Willie Floyd

You go Mr. President-fight fire with fire!!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012

February 23, 2012 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  13. PTNY

tarura ...Newt can use them up there in his colony! Thanks for the idea!

February 23, 2012 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  14. CBR

So long as PAC money is flowing at an unprecedented rate into GOP coffers the President will need money for his reelection campaign. It would be a good idea for citizens to rebel against these PAC's and allow us to have an election based on facts and not fantasy.

February 23, 2012 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  15. Katie

Well Mr. O. when I can't afford to keep myself warm in the winter, then what? This problem is massive, on so many levels. I view this as a crisis. Lip service about alternative fuels blah blah doesn't mean a thing to me.

February 23, 2012 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  16. Get Real

Gee, but I thought these big $$$ donors were the bad people in this country? Another double standard.

February 23, 2012 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |