Superman actor says there is no super-candidate
February 24th, 2012

Superman actor says there is no super-candidate

(CNN) - Hollywood's Superman has little hope for a super-GOP candidate.

Actor Dean Cain, who previously endorsed Texas Gov. Rick Perry, said the four remaining Republican presidential candidates lack the charisma to beat President Barack Obama.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I think Mitt Romney is the strongest of the remaining candidates and I think he'll win the Republican nomination." Cain said. "I think President Obama will defeat him in November."

While Cain is not set on which Republican candidate he will vote for in November, he said "If Mitt Romney becomes the Republican nominee, he'll get my vote."

Also see:

Maher puts one-million dollars behind pro-Obama Super PAC

Romney says Obama will 'divide 1% vs. 99%'

Specter disputes Santorum account of support

Axelrod on GOP candidates: 'All hat, no cattle'

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney • President Obama
  1. Randy, San Francisco

Dean Cain has kryptonite poisoning in his brain for supporting Perry and Romney.

February 24, 2012 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  2. The GOP opens mouth and inserts foot

And he thought Perry could? A guy who wanted to secede from the Union?

Did someone put Kryptonite in Dean Cain's Wheaties?

February 24, 2012 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  3. LouAZ

Because everyone knows these Hollyweird actor type guys(?) know all about politics and history and the will of the people. They get so smart speaking the lines that someone else wrote. I always thought that without a script they really didn't have much to say. Humph, silly me. I should have known that THIS Superman was smarter than all the others that kept their mouths shut.

February 24, 2012 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  4. Larry L

He's put on a few pounds since being "super".

February 24, 2012 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  5. Glenn from Cary

Rick Perry? Really? You can sit down and be quiet now.

February 25, 2012 12:42 am at 12:42 am |
  6. Marlee

Romney is kryptonite to the working poor.

February 25, 2012 06:59 am at 6:59 am |
  7. Anonymous

I thought the rightwingers always said it doesn't matter what some actor or actress in Hollywood thinks because none of them are qualified to offer opinions on politics and policy. I guess it's OK if you're a Republican actor or actress.

February 25, 2012 07:56 am at 7:56 am |