Superman actor says there is no super-candidate
February 24th, 2012

Superman actor says there is no super-candidate

(CNN) - Hollywood's Superman has little hope for a super-GOP candidate.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I think Mitt Romney is the strongest of the remaining candidates and I think he'll win the Republican nomination." Cain said. "I think President Obama will defeat him in November."

While Cain is not set on which Republican candidate he will vote for in November, he said "If Mitt Romney becomes the Republican nominee, he'll get my vote."

Also see:

Maher puts one-million dollars behind pro-Obama Super PAC

Romney says Obama will 'divide 1% vs. 99%'

Specter disputes Santorum account of support

Axelrod on GOP candidates: 'All hat, no cattle'

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney • President Obama
  1. Truth and Nothing But the Truth

==========================================================================================
    Spoken like the shallow actor you are.... So are we to assume you thought Rick Perry had charisma?! BWAHAHA!! Maybe you should consider comedy as well?!

February 24, 2012 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  2. Randall

It's not charisma they lack. They lack substance and leadership ability. Charisma alone doesn't cut it.

February 24, 2012 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  3. Woman In California

And this is why I don't feel the need to frequent the Ticker as much as I used to.
    Obama 2012

February 24, 2012 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  4. Liska

Well, that is the last time I support his acting career.

February 24, 2012 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  5. Steve, New York City

Yes . . . correct – no super-candidate. Only Super-PACs, thanks to the Supreme Court's stupid 2010 decision, declaring that wealthy groups buying elections is somehow protected under "free speech!"

I too used to like Ron Paul – but I now have questions as to whether some of his past writings had racist undertones. Huntsman was the only GOP'er I'd really liked. . .and now that he's out, the current GOP field reminds me of the Big Apple Circus.

February 24, 2012 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  6. Joshua Ludd

Well, he was dumb enough to think Perry, the Other Bush was a good choice, so who cares who he supports? Interesting, though, that even someone who supported such a terrible candidate sees through all the others, but its probably more that they aren't like Gov. Jesus McBangBang. Maybe he should move to Texas where the governor carries a gun to go jogging.

February 24, 2012 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  7. Larry L

The man endorsed Rick Perry and that doesn't tell us something? He should just pick one of the clowns from the Republican Clown Car and waste his vote. Only the right-wing Teavangelicals will vote Republican and that won't be enough to win.

February 24, 2012 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  8. Bob Archer

Hey Dean, it's not charisma that they lack (except, perhaps, in the case of Romney). It's substance, ideas, and integrity.

February 24, 2012 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  9. Nothing new here

Well...yeah!!!! A bunch of lackluster GOP candidates that would rather talk about birth control pills...and they are MEN for goodness sakes.
    "Lackluster" is putting it mildly. If I were to post my thoughts on these candidates, my comment would be removed.

February 24, 2012 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  10. Thomas in Texas

How is this news?

February 24, 2012 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  11. fernace

Dean Cain should be glad Perry is out of the race! Guv'nah Goodhair is as good for this nation as Michele Bachmann or Santorum, the Other Rick! Mitt will get the nomination, but Obama will remain our president for the next 4! I think even the naysayers will be glad of the fact, even if they only admit it to themselves!!

February 24, 2012 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  12. Dennis

After that abysmal attendance in that detroit stadium today and the super stupid remark about ann s cadillacs andrea saul has more than just some explaining to do about willard

February 24, 2012 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  13. raj

straight forward mgood answer I like it.

February 24, 2012 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  14. Thomas

Actor Dean Cain who ?

And who cares if he had a deep love for Rick Perry !

February 24, 2012 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  15. Ron

THey lack a hell of a lot more than charisma, son. But, then again, you backed Rick Perry. LOL Stick to acting....

February 24, 2012 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  16. Mt man

Who? This is not news. he is right about obama beating romney. But i did not need superboy to tell me that.

February 24, 2012 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  17. Bootstomper

This guy is relevant?

February 24, 2012 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  18. thomas mc

The GOP doesn't even have a mediocre candidate.

February 24, 2012 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  19. T'sah from Virginia

►Superman actor says there is no super-candidate
    Nor was he a "super-actor" nor was he great!!
    But he did get it right when he says the candidates "...lack the charisma to beat President Barack Obama"
    He also got it right when he said, "..."I think President Obama will defeat [Romney] in November" without any Drama!!

Obama 2012

February 24, 2012 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  20. Scott

"Actor Dean Cain, who previously endorsed Texas Gov. Rick Perry, said the four remaining Republican presidential candidates lack the charisma to beat President Barack Obama."

Actually, they lack the charisma to beat Michael Dukakis,

February 24, 2012 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  21. Norvy

Since he endorsed Rick Perry, does this mean he believes Rick Perry is charismatic? Obviously, Dean Cain spent too much time high in the air during his time as Superman...

February 24, 2012 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  22. Charlie from the North

Wow you must have been sippin that kryptonite koolaid huh? Romney/ really?

February 24, 2012 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  23. Jilli

Good lord, why on earth would you publicly admit to supporting Rick Perry? My impression of mr. cain just dropped considerably.

February 24, 2012 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  24. poopmeister

Wait, who invited Superman to the conversation? I won't even watch Dean Cain's bad B movies, why would I care what he thinks about the field. He's right though, but still.

February 24, 2012 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |