February 29th, 2012

Romney, Santorum tie for Michigan delegates

(CNN) - Rick Santorum claimed a partial victory Wednesday when final results showed he and Mitt Romney evenly split Michigan' s 30 delegates, even though Romney got more overall votes in the Republican presidential primary Tuesday.

The latest estimates from CNN showed both candidates with 15 Michigan delegates, while Romney was ahead in the popular vote with 41% to Santorum's 38%.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Michigan • Mitt Romney
  1. Truth and Nothing But the Truth

Hopefully after Super Tuesday one of the lesser candidates will drop out. I'm not sure why Ron Paul continues his Don Quiote type quest. Poll results don't show he's going anywhere fast.

February 29, 2012 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  2. vic , nashville ,tn

I like the word “survives” , always media will project the winner fast in home states but this time it didn’t happen

February 29, 2012 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  3. Mikey

The smart money is probably still on Thurston Romney III as GOP nominee. Mitt, what is your position on the Iran situation? What position will get me the most votes today? Don't you have an core values? Core what??????

February 29, 2012 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  4. diridi

This guy may be front-runner, but that's it. End of his political career with November Election. No one in the right mind will ever vote for this Rich Job shipping guy to China. Watch on Youtube, when mitt romney came to town. Bain-Capital, practically, Santorum has 39%, this dude has 40%. You think they vote for him. I don't think. It is Obama to beat this Rich idiot. People know it is Rich v/s Middle Class America Election. true.

February 29, 2012 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  5. Woman In California

and his childhood home of Michigan

February 29, 2012 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  6. Rudy NYC

Romney didn't win Michigan as much as Santorum just simply handed it back to him. Santorum had it locked, that is until he actually believed that he had it locked.

February 29, 2012 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  7. GROVER NORQUIST IS A ENEMY OF THE STATE

Let's compare how Santorum does in Pennsylvania to how Willard did in Michigan. As far as Super Tuesday goes, Newt is going to win the southern states. If Willard ends up with the nomination, I predict low voter turnout in November.

February 29, 2012 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  8. Truth and Nothing But the Truth

Woman In California - Says who? I have yet to see his long form birth certificate, marriage license or prior tax returns and I'm sure I won't – but of course – the double standard will be applied to this non American.
    ==========================================================================================
    After Obama, all these requirement were dropped. Anybody that staggers over our borders can run for President or vote. It's the Democrat way.

February 29, 2012 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  9. R

@ Woman In California
    "I have yet to see his long form birth certificate, marriage license or prior tax returns and I'm sure I won't..."

Producing prior tax returns is not a requirement to run for President of the United States. I for one could care less about Romney, but I really wish people would give up on asking for anyone's prior tax returns.

February 29, 2012 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  10. Daryl

Who knew "survival" is the new "winning"? BTW Willard's speech couldn't go beyond bashing the President. Where and when are you going to show us your vision Willard? You get a pass on passion; that is just not in your DNA.

February 29, 2012 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  11. Joseph-Ohio

Romney will be the nominee, but he will not become President.
    Obama-nation 2012!!!!!!