Washington (CNN) – For an issue such as health care reform - and the potential to affect nearly American in a fundamental way - no one provision, no one medical crisis, no one family can fully represent the complexity and sweep of the Affordable Care Act.
But the polar views of small-business owners John Nicholson and Miles Fawcett provide a glimpse of the personal stakes and deep divide that will be felt across the social, political and legal tapestry. That signature law promoted by President Barack Obama is now being challenged at the Supreme Court.
If he dislike paperwork, then he should favor a single payer system. Let someone else worry about the paperwork.
The law has not even had a chance to work yet–this is way over the "supreme" courts head–I fail to understand why the "supreme" court is looking at this issue now– outside of politics what has changed except: new hospitals are being built, drug companies are raising prices on old and new drugs faster than the speed of thought–and Health insurance companies are getting EVERYTHING they want-people who have insurance can keep their insurance and those who do not can CHOSE a plan they like or not–Congress is only raising revenue with a "penalty" and they are supposed to do that–remember–almost just like MEDICARE works now you pay in from your paycheck first and you get benifits later at an additional charge later when you NEED them–the Congress raises the revenue for MEDICARE & SOCIAL SECURITY then spends the money on everything else including providing a "guarenteed" benifit–I cannot wait to get rid of my car insurance but if I want to drive on roads that is the price–if you want a ride in a ambulence why should it be a free ride for those who do not have money–
@Rudy,,Straight from the healtcare law:
– Pg 354, Section 1177 Government will restrict enrollment of special needs individuals
– Pg 379, Section 1191 Government creates more Bureaucracy , Telehealth Advisory Committee
– Pg 425, Lines 4-12 Government mandates "Advanced Care Planning Consultation" Seniors will be interviewed every year for health issues and decisions made as to what care they can and cannot receive
– Pg 425, Lines 17-19 Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills and durable powers of attorney MANDATORY
– Pg 425, Lines 22-25, Pg 426, Lines 1-3 Government provides approved list of end of life resources Guiding you in death.
– Pg 427, Lines 15-24 Government mandates program for orders for end of life The government has a say in how your life ends.
– Pg 429, Lines 1-9 An "Advanced Care Planning Consultation) eill be used frequently as patients health deteriorates
– Pg 429, Lines 10-12 "Advanced Care Planning Concultation" may include an order for end of life plans An order from the government
– Pg 429, Lines 13-25 The government will specify which doctors can write an end of life order
– Pg 430, Lines 11-15 The government will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life
And you want this kind of control over your life? Granted there are some good parts, but there are a whole lot more bad parts. Get rid of the whole thing and start over and create some real "makes sense" reform.
Paperwork is a problem? What has happened to the people of this country when paperwork is a problem. We have truly become soft.