Trump floats Clinton in 2016
March 29th, 2012

Trump floats Clinton in 2016

(CNN) - Donald Trump one again stirred the presidential pot, this time with his eye on Hillary Clinton.

The real estate mogul predicted Secretary of State Clinton will run for president in 2016.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I think you know, assuming she's healthy, which I think she will be I think she probably runs after the next four years," Trump said Wednesday on Fox News.

Clinton failed to capture the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 against then-Sen. Barack Obama and has said publicly she will not run for office after her tenure at the State Department.

Although Trump, who weighed his own presidential bid earlier this year, would not say if she would receive his support in 2016, he did offer up praise for the former New York senator.

"Hillary Clinton, I think, is a terrific woman," Trump said. "I just like her. I like her and I like her husband."

Filed under: 2016 • Donald Trump • Hillary Clinton
  1. don in albuquerque

I cannot remember who said it but probably the truest comment ever made about Trump was "He is like a pimple on Americas butt that needs scratched every now and then."

March 30, 2012 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  2. Jack

Donald–umm–Donald–umm–what's his name? What does he do? Is he like the Kardashians or sometlhing?

March 30, 2012 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  3. Jt_flyer

"President Clinton" it does have a certain ring to it. Almost familiar one might say.

March 30, 2012 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  4. Angela

One more thing the Donald is wrong about!

March 30, 2012 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  5. pennyfan01

Jack, the last name is Trump, take a look around and you'll see it on buildings everywhere...to compare Donald Trump to the Kardashians is a joke wether you like the guy or not.

Like him or not he is a successful business man, not saying it should be Trump but right now this country needs a successful businessman\woman to help tackle the financial mess we are in. If whoever is president could bring in minds like Donald Trump's to help tackle the money issues it would be a help.

March 30, 2012 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  6. normajean @ verizon ,com

This man thinks he is SOOOOO smart. This idea of Clinton has been going on for many months. Now, he thinks he came up with it!!! What a jerk!!!

March 30, 2012 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  7. DemocratFromFlorida

Prediction: Hillary Clinton vs. Marco Rubio

March 30, 2012 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  8. luckjoe

It wouldn't suprise me is Obama gives Biden the boot and brings Hillary in as VP. (He just better watch his back
    Bill could drop a dime on him)

March 30, 2012 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  9. aubrie

God I hope she does!! We need someone with her grit and backbone.

March 30, 2012 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  10. muddiepitt

I am confused, First Trump criticisized Barack Obama for his policies but now wants Hillary Clinton to be president? That's doesn't make any sense. The Clintons have shown support for much of the work that BO has done and having Hillary as president most likely would be a continuation of what BO (a person that Trump has criticized) has done. I think Trump just likes to have the spotlight just to have it.

March 30, 2012 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  11. BRIANTAYLOR

How 'bout Clinton as VP in 2012 with Biden switching to State. THat would help pull a chunk of the center towards Obama in November

March 30, 2012 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  12. open400

So much could change between now and 2016. How could anyody make this claim. We the voters are already sick of 2012 politics. Football fans are sick 2012 NFL mock drafts.

March 30, 2012 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  13. Oh Really?

Trump has an amazing gift for stating the obvious. Of COURSE Hilary is considering a run. She tried once. Perhaps this time she'll get the nomination. Although, I must admit, with all the reactionary religious people in this country who support knuckleheads like Santorum, it would be unlikely she would become president. How DARE a WOMAN try to run a Christian country!!!! (sarcasm).

March 30, 2012 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  14. linda mash

Why the news media give this man any credibility is a mystery to me. It wasn't that long ago Trump declared bankruptcy on a property he had. If it weren't for the banks loaning him money, he'd be in a world of hurt. let me make a prediction about Trump.... he will be on wife 4 and Hilary will be Prez in 2016.

March 30, 2012 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  15. Alger Dave

Dear CNN: does Trump own you or something? Why do you put his rantings in any media format? He's so obviously a wierdo that your association with him (by printing his ideas) makes you look stupid. Or maybe CNN is stupid. Not sure on that one. Is this a news website or entertainment?

March 30, 2012 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  16. Truth and Nothing But the Truth

Hillary Clinton is going to be WAY too old to run in 2016. She looks like she's ready for retirement right now. Besides, after the disaster known as Obama/Reid/Pelosi, the Democrats will not be winning anything for a long, long time. 2010 was just a preview. The American people will give the Democrats a BIG lesson in November. But that's what they get when they put a socialist in the Whitehouse so they made their own bed.

March 30, 2012 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  17. Stephen in VA

My prediction: By 2016, even fewer people will care what Mr. Combover says.

March 30, 2012 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  18. Keeping it Real

Mark

Keeping it Real said: "She could run against Obama and likely win the primary."

Guess how I know you don't actually follow politics..

----–

I stand by the intent of my message. Hillary, if she had wanted to run could have beaten Obama. Many people that I know who previously voted for Obama, like myself, wish we had changed our votes. The same sentiment stands today. Sorry if that doesn't please your awe and inspiring political knowledge, but frankly I could care less.

March 30, 2012 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |