Trump floats Clinton in 2016
March 29th, 2012

Trump floats Clinton in 2016

(CNN) - Donald Trump one again stirred the presidential pot, this time with his eye on Hillary Clinton.

The real estate mogul predicted Secretary of State Clinton will run for president in 2016.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I think you know, assuming she's healthy, which I think she will be I think she probably runs after the next four years," Trump said Wednesday on Fox News.

Clinton failed to capture the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 against then-Sen. Barack Obama and has said publicly she will not run for office after her tenure at the State Department.

Although Trump, who weighed his own presidential bid earlier this year, would not say if she would receive his support in 2016, he did offer up praise for the former New York senator.

"Hillary Clinton, I think, is a terrific woman," Trump said. "I just like her. I like her and I like her husband."

Filed under: 2016 • Donald Trump • Hillary Clinton
  1. Paul

Who cares what donald trump thinks. The mans a joke!

March 29, 2012 11:47 am at 11:47 am |
  2. Wil in LA

Hillary would make a great president.

March 29, 2012 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  3. GROVER NORQUIST IS A ENEMY OF THE STATE

He likes Hillary and Bill, but has no respect for the President who is her boss. Go back to reality tv and stay out of politics.

March 29, 2012 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  4. Max

Confused...scary

This man seems be so confused with himself and where he stands. Is he a democrat, a republican, an independent? is he for Bachmann, Gingrich, Romney, Cain or Nadar...Hillary? My God! where does he really stand? He is all over the place. He seems like a confused nomadic 'OLD Gruntled' man, especially when he doesn't get the attention he craves.

He's scary...really scary.

March 29, 2012 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  5. BLKMANinAmerica

Don please dude! Do somen wit that nasty "hair-do" it makes you look CRAZIER and CRAZIER each time you appear in the news. I mean really............................orange hair? WTHeck!

March 29, 2012 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  6. shoegazer

Well,let's see,he backed Cain,he backed,Bachhman,he backed Perry.Wow,he's batting a thousand.Hillary it will be.

March 29, 2012 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  7. Marie MD

Who cares!!!!
    I think bad hair man should have spent more time teaching his sons that killing animals is NOT a sport.
    Why is this in then political section? It should be under, no,really shouldn't be anywhere!!!
    You moved on from the imbelici AK moron to this piece of excrement. Way to go CNN!!

March 29, 2012 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  8. Dominican mama 4 Obama (the real one)

Hillary,should she decide to run in 2016,would make an outstanding President.
    Nobody needs to hear Trum the Dump's take on that or anything else.
    What color is this man's hair? That's what I'd like to know.

March 29, 2012 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  9. Jean Sartre - Milwaukee, WI

Why, Oh, Why, does CNN continue to give this buffoon FACE TIME?

March 29, 2012 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  10. king

I wonder why he can't stand Obama, did he got influence by the rabid tea bags also. I use to respect trump for his great accomplishments, but his attitude to put ideology over simple common sense, bothers me. I was with him. To have more control over oil when we took Bagdad, because I saw a lot of my good friends got killed over there, just because I felt we payed a lot in American blood. But when he came out with that ridiculous birther movement, and the blatant lies he told to get his story across, bring me to believe only the blind rabid right winged repubs will ever accept him as President.

March 29, 2012 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  11. Anonymous

Of course she will. People like the Clintons can't stay out of the limelight. I hope she does run. Everyone hates her and even a milk toast Republican will beat her.

March 29, 2012 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  12. a realist

This man is a creepy, fakey, idiotic buffoon, with some of the ugliest hair in the world, but he may be right about H.Clinton. I wonder what would happen if she were to run as the vice presidential candidate with Obama this fall? But for now, we are happy to see Obama well ahead of the Repubs in the polls, and to hear the news this morning that Latinos prefer Obama 5 to 1 over any Repub candidates. Yay! Obama/Biden 2012!

March 29, 2012 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  13. Jewels

::I need some attention....I need to try and be more relevant. Who can I make comments about that will give me attention? Oh, Hillary!::

March 29, 2012 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  14. Dee G.

Why is this guy still getting air time?

March 29, 2012 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  15. Ron

One again Donald stirred the presidential pot. One again he does this.

March 29, 2012 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  16. Eddie The Barber

What's that on his head? Must be a slow news day – again.

March 29, 2012 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  17. works for me

I'd have to agree with him, but seems like he's switch hitting. Still i don't really care what he thinks...

March 29, 2012 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  18. Ambrose Smith

He is in the opposition party of whoever is currently in office. If there was a Republican in office right now he would have run for President as a Democrat. Why? ATTENTION!

March 29, 2012 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  19. Charlie from the North

I am torn between agreeing with this blow-hard or ignoring him even though I hope he is right in this instance. Then I remembered what my dad used to say "even a broken clock is right twice a day.

March 29, 2012 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  20. Terry

Why wait until 2016? Replace Biden with Hillary on the 2012 ticket and let the fun begin !!

March 29, 2012 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  21. honeybe

This is news? Every time this windbag opens his mouth, you are reporting on it. How about some informative articles for a change, CNN? Aren't you supposed to be a news source? Trump is NOT news.

March 29, 2012 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  22. JCQueipo

Learn how to eat PIZZA !!!!

March 29, 2012 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  23. Right On!

Hey, Donald! For once you are probably right. Here is something you might want to recognize: whether or not Hillary Clinton runs for presidency in 2016, the Democratic pool of candidates will be top quality – something we haven't seen from the GOP for several cycles now.

March 29, 2012 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  24. Logic N LA

We can only hope!

March 29, 2012 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  25. Reggie from LA

Even if she were to win, it should not be considered prophetic...as he is attempting to make it sound. I think it'd be great, but he doesn't hold the "cards" on that prediction. Sorry dude. No mojo here.

March 29, 2012 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |