Trump floats Clinton in 2016
March 29th, 2012

Trump floats Clinton in 2016

(CNN) - Donald Trump one again stirred the presidential pot, this time with his eye on Hillary Clinton.

The real estate mogul predicted Secretary of State Clinton will run for president in 2016.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I think you know, assuming she's healthy, which I think she will be I think she probably runs after the next four years," Trump said Wednesday on Fox News.

Clinton failed to capture the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 against then-Sen. Barack Obama and has said publicly she will not run for office after her tenure at the State Department.

Although Trump, who weighed his own presidential bid earlier this year, would not say if she would receive his support in 2016, he did offer up praise for the former New York senator.

"Hillary Clinton, I think, is a terrific woman," Trump said. "I just like her. I like her and I like her husband."

Filed under: 2016 • Donald Trump • Hillary Clinton
  1. Reggie from LA

CORRECTION: "Even if she were to RUN (not win), but likely, she would.

March 29, 2012 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  2. jack johnson

And I perdict the blow hard will file for bankrucy again.

March 29, 2012 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  3. carly

Does anyone care what this clown thinks? On the other hand Hillary would be a great choice.

March 29, 2012 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  4. pastafaria

This is what CNN considers to be"a "Shocking Prediction?!" That a popular high profile Democrat and senior cabinet member might run for president in the next election where there isn't already a Democratic incumbent running? Would it have been "shocking" to predict a few years earlier that John McCain would seek the GOP nomination in 2008 after Bush's second term, or that Al Gore would run in 2000?

March 29, 2012 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  5. Mike in Tennessee

I think Obama ought to boot Biden and run an Obama-Clinton ticket in 2012. Of course, Clinton has been doing an excellent job as Secretary of State. If she were made Vice President, she'd probably have less influence than she already has as Secretary of State. Either way, keep up the great work Hillary!

March 29, 2012 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  6. VA independet

Okay – this is a good example of why the 24 news cycle and the internet are bad – DT has an opinion!? So what? So do many of us. Really, if you stop reporting on the Donald, I think he really will disappear and wouldn't that be lovely?

March 29, 2012 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  7. awsomedeal

You ganna want to see her birth certificate too donald....................go away/////////////

March 29, 2012 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  8. Phiil

He likes Bill and Hilary but not the current Democrat in the white house
    hmmm. all are centrist Democrats, all want healthcare for all, all were tough on terrorism, all are very bright individuals

What could be different.....

Can't put my finger on the difference.....

March 29, 2012 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  9. Annie, Atlanta

As a woman, I would like nothing more than to see a woman as President someday. Heck, we've let the men do it since our inception, and that hasn't always worked out so well for us, so why not? However, as much as I think Hillary Clinton is the most qualified woman in this country to be our President, and would love to see her run for it in 2016, I'm frankly concerned about age. She will be 70 years old. We need more women in congress, in our state legislatures, and definitely the presidency, but we need some young and new blood, too.

March 29, 2012 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  10. Greenspam

After the Joan Rivers' fiasco, I've stopped listening to Trump or watching the Apprentice.

March 29, 2012 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  11. Claudia, Phoenix, AZ

What Donald is really saying is, he intends to run in 2016 and the only person that can beat him is Hillary Clinton. As usual Donald is up to his own self-serving BS.

March 29, 2012 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  12. Bob F

I'd vote for Hillary in a hot New York minute!

March 29, 2012 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  13. Randy, San Francisco

How surprising, a lucid moment for Trump!

March 29, 2012 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  14. Donald "ORANGE JULIUS" Trump

The "Orange Julius" is always on target, always the first to break such huge, powerful information.

March 29, 2012 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  15. gregory21

Why doesn't he go over to Scottland and bug them.

March 29, 2012 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  16. Peter

This isn't much of a prediction.

Many feel that Hillary's time as Secretary Of State was just prep stuff (valuable prep, by the way) for being President.

Why not? She is infinitely more qualified on world affairs than Romney or Santorum.

March 29, 2012 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  17. Neurotoxin

Why don't you go outside, find a homeless sap sleeping under a bridge, and report on who HE predicts will run for Pesident next.

March 29, 2012 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  18. Jake

She will run. And she will WIN after we have four more successful years of Obama. and who knows, after the next 12 or so years, maybe the GOP will actually re-group as a real party with ideas?

March 29, 2012 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  19. Pander Bear

Wow, he's so clairvoyant. Like I haven't heard this idea floated around before. Trump is an Attention Ho.

March 29, 2012 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  20. DIANA

Now I know what that thing on top of his head is – It's a crystal ball! Please, please don't bring up or endorse Clinton, we've all seen what your endorsement did for Romney.

March 29, 2012 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  21. John

I would vote for her in a second. Smart lady.

March 29, 2012 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  22. Ricky L

Trump likes you.....the kiss of death.

March 29, 2012 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  23. Anonymous

and this clown thinks he is unique!!! Of course we all could have hoped and predicted this!!!!

March 29, 2012 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  24. Funnyman

You're fired!

March 29, 2012 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  25. justme

pastafaria, I think it may be considered "shocking" because Hillary has said repeatedly that she has no plans to run for public office again.

March 29, 2012 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |