Trump floats Clinton in 2016
March 29th, 2012

Trump floats Clinton in 2016

(CNN) - Donald Trump one again stirred the presidential pot, this time with his eye on Hillary Clinton.

The real estate mogul predicted Secretary of State Clinton will run for president in 2016.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I think you know, assuming she's healthy, which I think she will be I think she probably runs after the next four years," Trump said Wednesday on Fox News.

Clinton failed to capture the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 against then-Sen. Barack Obama and has said publicly she will not run for office after her tenure at the State Department.

Although Trump, who weighed his own presidential bid earlier this year, would not say if she would receive his support in 2016, he did offer up praise for the former New York senator.

"Hillary Clinton, I think, is a terrific woman," Trump said. "I just like her. I like her and I like her husband."

Filed under: 2016 • Donald Trump • Hillary Clinton
  1. Pander Express

Shocking. Just shocking.

March 29, 2012 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  2. Roger

I think Hillary will resign as Secretary of State for Pres. Obama's second term, get some rest and then get her organization in order to run in 2016. I hope so. She'd be a great President.

March 29, 2012 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  3. dizzylucy

I predict this clown will continue to shout things just to make people pay attention to him. And probably get divorced again soon.

March 29, 2012 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  4. David B.

Whatever and whenever the Donald speaks, he always has one purpose: unabashed self-promotion. He's the Ted Turner of NYC.

March 29, 2012 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  5. Alan Lynes

He is so clueless and obnoxious. Why do we ever have to hear anything from him at all?
    I know, I know – money and ego.
    Blek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 29, 2012 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  6. Rudy NYC

Ooh, goody, goody, goody. If Trump is back in the headlines, it probably means I will get to laugh at more David Lederman snipes about "that thing on Donald Trump's head."

March 29, 2012 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  7. Adam

Just for all you folks who actually thought for a second that he was actually a conservative

March 29, 2012 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  8. Silly Baggers!

Geez Donald. I like it better whe you are a loud mouth Bagger wannabe. Don't make me start liking you.

March 29, 2012 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  9. Mark

Of course she will run. And she will win. It's doesn't take a blowhard like Chump to 'predict' this. It's time for Chump and his mail-order bride to ride into the sunset.

March 29, 2012 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  10. Sal Palma

Trump is obviously a luminary. Now that's certainly an impressive piece of clairvoyance. She's practically throwing banana peels under Obama's feet.... Can't the Political Ticker come up with anything better?

March 29, 2012 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  11. DeeNYC

This isn't shocking, many people are hoping she'll run in 2016

March 29, 2012 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  12. ripsi

Trump is like the Paris Hilton of real estate. nothing to say about anything and just tries to stay in the limelight.

March 29, 2012 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  13. Duh Moment

Isn't this sorta a "Duh" comment?

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden steps down and Clinton steps in as Obama's surprise VP.

March 29, 2012 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  14. LiqMat

Prediction: Trump will declare himself God and his Great Ego as part of his trinity.

March 29, 2012 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  15. ART

Does anyone really care what this buffoon has to say? Wheres Rosie when you need her?

March 29, 2012 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  16. Doug Ericson

Sure. Hillarious wants to finish the job of bankrupting this country completely her husband started by letting Banks trade peoples personal Mortgages. We need you now Hillarious, we want to hit bottom really bad.

March 29, 2012 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  17. Animenut

Seems he has a weekly need to be in the news. I agree about Hillary's abilities, but I don't think Trump had that on his mind when talking.

March 29, 2012 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  18. IndeePendant

You are a Dem.. you are a dem... you are a dem.... oh, ok, don't become DUMB..

March 29, 2012 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  19. Ma

I think Hilary is the best and would love for her to be the President. And I to have heard the rumor or the wishings of others that Biden step down and Hilary step in...would not be surprised.

March 29, 2012 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  20. Riptim

If she runs she will win. Need her incase one of these repb supreme court justices are still around and Obama hasen`t had the chance to tip the balance. Corporations are Human beings and health care for all americans is bad. WE need to take this country back from these elitist snobs.

March 29, 2012 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  21. anagram_kid

If being healthy is criteria for POTUS, why did Mr. Trump never express concerns about Spkr. Gingrich’s morbid obesity?

March 29, 2012 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  22. John in Cal

Works for me. better then any of the baffoons that the GOP has. They have almost distroyed this country and worked and continue to work hard to bring this country to its knees so electing any more Republicans will finish the job for sure.

March 29, 2012 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  23. AmericanSam

Obama 2012. Clinton 2016.

March 29, 2012 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  24. Independent Voters

Please Hillary run 2016 I will campaign for you and get out the votes.. I hope these crazy republican loses all there seat 2012

March 29, 2012 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  25. keeth

There are as yet undiscovered tribes in the heart of the Peruvian jungle who knew this before Trump did.

March 29, 2012 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |