Trump floats Clinton in 2016
March 29th, 2012

Trump floats Clinton in 2016

(CNN) - Donald Trump one again stirred the presidential pot, this time with his eye on Hillary Clinton.

The real estate mogul predicted Secretary of State Clinton will run for president in 2016.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I think you know, assuming she's healthy, which I think she will be I think she probably runs after the next four years," Trump said Wednesday on Fox News.

Clinton failed to capture the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 against then-Sen. Barack Obama and has said publicly she will not run for office after her tenure at the State Department.

Although Trump, who weighed his own presidential bid earlier this year, would not say if she would receive his support in 2016, he did offer up praise for the former New York senator.

"Hillary Clinton, I think, is a terrific woman," Trump said. "I just like her. I like her and I like her husband."

Filed under: 2016 • Donald Trump • Hillary Clinton
  1. Laurie in Spokane

Geez Louise can't we get through the 2012 election first? And, who cares what Trump the Chump has to say about anything other than when it's time to comb his hair? And, as someone else already said, should she run in 2016, she'll get my vote.

March 29, 2012 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  2. Diana

Donald still needs a new do but YES to Hilary for President in 2016!

March 29, 2012 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  3. patriot

16 years of democratic rule. As it should be Then an only then will this country will recover from the obstructionist treachery of anti-patriots on the far right. GOP, reclaim your party or join the Democrats. Republicans are no longer republicans. They are traitors to unity.

March 29, 2012 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  4. Mike in NJ

The insight of this man makes Captain Obvious seem... what's the word? Nevermind.

I'd love to see Palin v. Clinton 2016. It would be like a kitten talking tough to Mufasa. "Yes little person, dooo go on, we do like the sound of your nonsense."

March 29, 2012 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  5. Mike in NJ

And by the way, Trump, don't do her any favors!!

March 29, 2012 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  6. happyandmissy

I wouldn't be disappointed to see Hillary on the ticket in 2016. She's definitely got the smarts needed for the job.

March 29, 2012 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  7. Diana

I think Palin is biding her time, like Uriah Heep, to run again.

Yes to Hilary!

March 29, 2012 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  8. jj

Agree, Hillary 2016!

March 29, 2012 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  9. roscoe

You're fired for trying to make a big deal of stating the obvious. I still think an Obama/Hillary ticket THIS year makes great sense. Maybe Biden would take a turn as Sec or State.

March 29, 2012 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  10. Dave

I doubt she'd run, but I'd be for it. I want to keep this country in the hands of Democrats, because the Republican party has become a bunch of dangerous theocratic lunatics. After Bush's performance, and the obstructionist, insane reaction to Obama that Republicans have engaged in, I don't think they're even rational anymore. They've embraced crazy propaganda to the total rejection of any sort of truth. It's embarrassing to watch.

Democrats aren't great, but right now there simply is no viable alternative. Conservatives have nothing but a record of proven failure. Look at the results the states who most consistently elect them get. I should know Republicans aren't fit to run anything – I live in Mississippi, where their polices have made us worst in EVERYTHING. If Conservativism was really the best way to go, the South would be a Utopia, rather than the mess that it is.

So, I'm good with voting for Hilary.

Donald Trump's still an idiot, though.

March 29, 2012 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  11. TomGI

Forget it, she'll retire from politics after Obama's 2nd term.

March 29, 2012 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  12. Jt_flyer

I believe that's her plan.

March 29, 2012 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  13. Keeping it Real

She could run against Obama and likely win the primary.

March 29, 2012 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  14. jack

I'll vote for Hillary as long as she doesn't say anything crazy

March 29, 2012 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  15. Indy

Hillary in 2016? She will already run in 2012 – as Obamas VP. Then in 2016 she can show more experience in running an administration and Obama's chances in 2012 get much better.
    They will announce it either the day before or the day after the Republican National Convention – just watch!

March 29, 2012 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  16. Bob

Look at the way Hillary was treated by the media in 2008 against Obama. She got totally stressed out. I don't think she wants to go through that crap again...

March 29, 2012 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  17. brian in denver

For once I think the Donald just might be right about something. Hillary would be a good choice to follow Obama's second term.

March 29, 2012 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  18. jj

Hillary 2016. And who will be her running mate?

March 29, 2012 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  19. Ron

I wish Obama would choose H. Clinton as his running mate 2012. That would be a sure winner! That would also position her perfectly to run in 2016. With the Republicans' policies on women, an Obama/Clinton ticket would be dynamite.

March 29, 2012 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  20. richardE67

Wish she would run against Obama and not make us wait.

March 29, 2012 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  21. James T. Sailors

I think Hillary should challenge Obama for the 2012 democratic nomination. If obama was smart, he would not run
    again, and turn it over to Hillary. No one would be able to beat her, and Obama will probably get beat.

March 29, 2012 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  22. grive

im an indepenant voter. the problem i do see with the republican party right now is they are very radical toward there cause. it seems there is no middle ground. no compamise its my way or the high way. and they seem to wnat to always bring religion into the conversation. im a religios person but i believe in seperation of church and state. for hilary i dont think she would get my vote unless the canidants in 2016 dont make since like they dont now shell get my vote

March 29, 2012 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  23. Mark

Please get her on the ticket now for 2012 as VP Then, if shes still in good health and wants to run..
    heck yes I'd vote for her.

March 29, 2012 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  24. Little Jimmy Truth

That's true about Hillary Clinton.

She is really better and wiser than Barry Obama.

March 29, 2012 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  25. Monica

In 2016 dems will have as much of a chance to get the White House as reps have in 2012 – none what-so-ever..

March 29, 2012 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |