Trump floats Clinton in 2016
March 29th, 2012

Trump floats Clinton in 2016

(CNN) - Donald Trump one again stirred the presidential pot, this time with his eye on Hillary Clinton.

The real estate mogul predicted Secretary of State Clinton will run for president in 2016.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I think you know, assuming she's healthy, which I think she will be I think she probably runs after the next four years," Trump said Wednesday on Fox News.

Clinton failed to capture the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 against then-Sen. Barack Obama and has said publicly she will not run for office after her tenure at the State Department.

Although Trump, who weighed his own presidential bid earlier this year, would not say if she would receive his support in 2016, he did offer up praise for the former New York senator.

"Hillary Clinton, I think, is a terrific woman," Trump said. "I just like her. I like her and I like her husband."

Filed under: 2016 • Donald Trump • Hillary Clinton
  1. Mark

Keeping it Real said: "She could run against Obama and likely win the primary."

Guess how I know you don't actually follow politics...

March 29, 2012 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  2. Daniel Calderon

I'm latino and I support HILLARY CLINTON for 2016!!!!!!!!!!!
    Viva Hillary, the smartest lady in the U.S government deserves to be president.

March 29, 2012 11:35 pm at 11:35 pm |
  3. ClearAndPresentThinking

She will have to resign from the Supreme Court to do that. (Trump did not see the memo; Hillary gets the next vacancy on the Court, probably early in Obama's second term.)

March 29, 2012 11:48 pm at 11:48 pm |
  4. asdfasdf

wow... what a genious!

March 30, 2012 12:02 am at 12:02 am |
  5. Marla

I think that Hillary would make a great president, but I get the feeling that she's getting tired of politics and has a desire to retire. She certainly deserves a rest after the wonderful way that she has served her country.
    Her husband is busy doing some good things for children and helping to fight obesity in this country and social injustice in other countries. I think that Hillary will join him in those good programs.
    I think that Elizabeth Warren's political career is on the rise. After spending the next four years in the Senate, I would like to see her run for the presidency in 2016.

March 30, 2012 12:24 am at 12:24 am |
  6. iadadman

Four more years of Obama followed by eight of Clinton sounds fine to me. It could turn the Supreme Court back into something worthy of the United States, for one thing. But it's too early to see who should follow Obama.

March 30, 2012 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  7. vaterpop

She would have my vote for sure!

March 30, 2012 03:00 am at 3:00 am |
  8. onefussyone

If the Republicans by chance get trounced in November, they are finished as the party we have come to know and hate. Perhaps the Don is laying the groundwork for his own bid in 2016 for the Vice Presidential DEMOCRATIC nominee....He always did like to go with a winner, and has the morals of a Hyena, so why wouldn't he jump ship, if it served his perceived purposes? Not that the Dems would have him lol.

March 30, 2012 03:07 am at 3:07 am |
  9. I'M JUST SAYING TOO....

REALLY? Wow, what a great visonary DT is! Who would have "thunk" it? Ohhhh, I get it, got nothing to say worth hearing, how about stating the obvious....That way you are safe, but still in the public eye. Great strategy DT. Exactly when is your next run for the big job? Gotta stay in practice!!!!!!!!

March 30, 2012 04:16 am at 4:16 am |
  10. Donna

And what a wonderful choice we would have. Go Hillary.

March 30, 2012 04:47 am at 4:47 am |
  11. Anonymous

My belief is that Hillary, whom I admire as a strong, highly intelligent woman with the attributes to indeed run for President, won't. I see fatigue in her face, exhaustion in her eyes, and I am of the opinion that Hillary will put to rest her distinguished career in public service TO rest. That said, if her daughter, (whom I do not like, because I think she is taking on a "reporting" job she has zero talent for and zero interest in, but she needed something to do in the way of A job) has a child or two, Hillary may find even more incentive to stay off the public agenda and just enjoy being "grandma". I foresee that happening, and I ALSO foresee a book or two. If Hillary did, in fact, run, it would be wonderful (and a "twofer" with Bill behind the scenes, guiding her every move) but I do not anticipate that. Time will tell.

March 30, 2012 05:56 am at 5:56 am |
  12. Tam

I am so sure Hillary wants Trump as her spokesman! Yeah, sure.

March 30, 2012 09:03 am at 9:03 am |
  13. Scott

So Trump has supported Gingrinch, Romney, and Hilary all within 12 months of each other. Clearly he knows what he wants out of politics and we should all be listening to him about it.

March 30, 2012 09:17 am at 9:17 am |
  14. J9abacab

He'll say anythnig just to stay in the news. Such an egomaniac.

March 30, 2012 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  15. jb1963

I'd vote for her. Anyone on the left is better than anyone on the right.

March 30, 2012 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  16. R.L.

She should have beat Obama the last time. I would vote for her in a minute!

March 30, 2012 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  17. sdmco

Wow. A regular Carnac the Magnificent the guy is. Then he'll run around saying 'I told you so.'

March 30, 2012 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  18. Publius Novus

Buy low, sell high. Why is this news? Trump is irrelevant.

March 30, 2012 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  19. Mark L.

I supported Hillary Rodham Clinton against then, Senator Barack Obama, in her 2008 Democratic Presidential election bid. Unfortunately, she did not suceed, and while I highly doubt she will run in 2016, Hillary Rodham Clinton would have my 100% full support and blessings if she does seek a presidential bid in 2016 !!!! There is absolutely no doubt in my mind – A vote for Hillary R. Clinton is a vote towards a very properous nation !!!!

March 30, 2012 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  20. Eagle Eye

I wouldn't put much stock on waht Donald Trmp says. It sound to me like if Hillary were to run for President in 2016 he would support her. LIke I said don't put to much stock in what Donald Trump says.

March 30, 2012 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  21. Famous

She has my very enthusiastic vote.

March 30, 2012 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  22. rtbrno65

2016 is going to roll around, and Hillary Clinton won't run for President, and this goober pea is going to be wrong yet again.

March 30, 2012 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  23. M

Wow, Donald, that's so insightful of you. Next you'll be telling us that she'll have a good chance of at least getting the Democratic nomination.

March 30, 2012 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  24. spideycat

Hillary should have been the nominee in 2008.

March 30, 2012 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  25. Weasley

Hillary Clinton has consistently severed her country with honor and dignity. I can think of no finer candidate. She would have my complete support without reservation or equivocation.

March 30, 2012 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |