Sarah Palin to co-host 'Today' show as Katie Couric sits in on 'GMA'
April 1st, 2012

Sarah Palin to co-host 'Today' show as Katie Couric sits in on 'GMA'

New York (CNN) – Former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin will co-host NBC's "Today" show on Tuesday, according to Megan Kopf, a spokeswoman for NBC Universal.

"She'll reveal a different side of her than you've seen before," the morning show's website boasted Sunday.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Ruth Kravette

I guess if Palin is going to be a host on the Today Show I guess I will have to watch another network.

April 1, 2012 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  2. once upon a horse

Ms Palin leaving the comfort bubble of FoxNews to do REAL media? Wow I never thought I would see that happen. Something must be rotten in Denmark,

April 1, 2012 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  3. Larry L

April Fools!

April 1, 2012 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  4. SurRy

" 'She'll reveal a different side of her than you've seen before," the morning show's website boasted Sunday." So far we've seen the stupid side, the petty side, the quitter side...what's left?

April 1, 2012 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  5. Wire Palladin, S. F.

I don't think she has any thing left to reveal. We have seen her hatred, divisiveness and lack of knowledge, so what is left? But just in case, I'll set my recorder and put NBC in my crosshairs Tuesday, and be locked and loaded to see her gotcha interviews.

April 1, 2012 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  6. The GOP opens mouth and inserts foot

So does this mean that the Today show no longer has any credibility like Faux news?

April 1, 2012 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  7. Wire Palladin, S. F.

I'll bet it will be difficult for her to be on American owned media, after getting used to not having to be factual on Fox foreign owned media with a hint of Saudi.

April 1, 2012 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  8. bill hobbs

let the hate begin. 3 2 1

April 1, 2012 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  9. Donkey Party

This woman is a complete nobody, and a political and intellectual lightweight. Why does the media portray her as someone of importance? I encourage everyone to NOT tune in, even though the temptation of watching a train wreck in slow motion is appealing to some.

April 1, 2012 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  10. MaryM

Just dont ask Palin any "gotcha" questions like Couric did in the 2008 election. lol

April 1, 2012 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  11. mario

half term gov,,,please no

April 1, 2012 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  12. Squigman

A good reason to set the alarm. Two hours later than usual.

April 1, 2012 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  13. CalmDog

{Head in hands, despairing}

April 1, 2012 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  14. SOUTHERN HOTTIE

Great! Awesome! This means Palin will have titles of newspapers she has read, yes?

April 1, 2012 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  15. Indy

Yee Haw, the Hillbilly Morning Show begins ! If she tries to talk politics the show will dive in the ratings and you have to wonder if NBC realizes that about 80% of the country can't stand Palin and many will stop watching the Today Show. Katie Couric has been in the game a very long time and Palin is going up one of the best in the business, so a very risky move by NBC.On the other hand Palln did muddle her way through five or six colleges to get a job like this so at least she is attempting something she should be able to do.

April 1, 2012 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  16. Sue

I just lost a lot of respect I had for NBC and the Today show. Sarah Palin has the brains of a flea and an ego larger than anything I can think of to describe it! The "suits" at NBC should claim "temporary insanity" if they have a shred of self respect!

April 1, 2012 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  17. Dick Cheney is the smegma of mankind!

Assuming this is not an April's Fool joke(frankly, I am not convinced) I hope that NBC provides someone to translate Palinese for their viewers.

Consider it a "random act of kindness".

April 1, 2012 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  18. GonzoinHouston

Oh, this ought to be amusing! The one thing Sarah is worst at is unscripted discussion, and that's what this show is all about. Plus, she's going to have to let the spotlight shine on someone other than herself, which will indeed be a side of her we've never seen. However, Sarah may fool you. The money for a gig like this is enormous, maybe even enough to make Sarah behave herself. I wouldn't bet on it, though.

April 1, 2012 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  19. G

The Today Show will become a hot mess!

April 1, 2012 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  20. Sk

Are they kidding? I sure hope so.

April 1, 2012 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  21. Thomas

No thanks , one side is enough ! Lame Stream Media !

April 1, 2012 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  22. JerseyGirl

Okay, all together now! Let's start a campaign (Twitter, perhaps?) where we so object to her appearing on that show that we overwhelm that show & channel with comments.

April 1, 2012 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  23. DorisV

.Won't watch any show with that Sarah Palin person. May never watch the "Today" show again.

April 1, 2012 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |