April 6th, 2012

Romney turns to Obama while keeping eye on Santorum

Washington (CNN) – As likely Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney aims his firepower at President Barack Obama, he still has to protect his flank from rival Rick Santorum in a primary battle that Romney has all but won.

The former Massachusetts governor painted that picture while campaigning Thursday in Pennsylvania ahead of the state's April 24 primary.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney • President Obama • Rick Santorum
  1. Romney promises to win....

Romney is so arrogant..."Promise to win"...? it seem that he thinks that the people..."the voters" don't count...!

April 6, 2012 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  2. Ilya

April 6, 2012 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  3. w l jones

All great civilization startdt out by community organizers with both Phil. and New York previous white house think again before packing.

April 6, 2012 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  4. NVa Native

Most of the Democratic politicians work for the people. Most of the GOPs work for the money, but not their paycheck – the extra “for-profit” pay-off money.
    We are steadily moving forward with President Obama, why would anyone want to regress with the party of "always looking backward" to the good old boy days?

April 6, 2012 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  5. Ilya

Giving credit where due, Obama is a brillian campaigner. Look at what he has done with the healthcare issue. He has created a win/win situation with his base. If it is upheld he says, "see I told you." If it is defeated he says, " if it wasn't for them you would have healthcare." Victim creation is what community organizers are great at and Obama is one of the best.

April 6, 2012 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  6. Myviewis

Most of the Democratic politicians work for themselves which is why they are so rich, however, the good thing about Democratic politicians is that they allow government employees to get away with everything and give them whatever will keep them happy just like the General Services Administration department gave employees iPods, gift cards and by the look of the video I watched today on CNN it looks like the employees were allowed to film their videos during working hours in the offices of the General Services Administration which means their managers allowed it instead of working for their paychecks. Democrat people must be very proud and probably cheer on the employees at the GSA department for all the freebies that they got plus a great trip for free.

April 6, 2012 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  7. Myviewis

Unfortunately, Democrat people don't really care what happens to our country as long as they get freebies and are not expected to work to hard. Democrat people are the people of give me, give me, give me but hey don't expect me to do anything for it, let the Republican, Independent moron do it for me.

April 6, 2012 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  8. T'sah From Virginia

►Myviewis

Wow, only Democrats do that? There are no Republicans or Independents on public assistance, unemployment or receive social security or medicare?? Also, I work and I am not saying give, give me!! So you entire statement is "unfortunate."

Obama 2012 – The Only Trusted Way Forward!!

April 6, 2012 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  9. waikikijohn

No way Jose! The right wing would never allow a black on the ticket. They only let them think they are welcomed in the fold.

April 6, 2012 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  10. Dominican mama 4 Obama (the real one)

@ T'sah from Virgina:

-------------------------------------------------
    Nicely put babe! Wasted on these people, but nicely put nonethless.

April 6, 2012 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  11. Another Day in the Idiot Mines (not the whiny rightwing liar one)

"Democrat politicians depend on the ignorance of their base to be elected. I see that on the CNN and MSNBC blogs their base is fulfilling expectations. Republicans aren't much better, but at least they try to help the country, rather than try to turn it into failing europe, i.e. greece and spain as the two most prominent examples at the moment. I notice the liberal posters on several of these blogs are true democrat supporters based on their misrepresentation of the facts, or taking their "facts" out of context. Amazing the numbers of democrat supporters in this country. I guess that is public education for you."

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what passes for an "argument" from the extreme rightwing liars and propagandists who cannot honestly defend the GOBP cult. Contrast his broad sweeping claims about Dems "taking their "facts" out of context" or "misrepresent facts" with the lefties providing actual examples. Sadly, Ilya can't post examples, just meaningless dogwhistle phrases for his fellow low-information friends on the right.

Note, too, his subtle insult to the majority of Americans. 5 of the last 6 nominees for President who won the popular vote were Dems. So apparently Ilya is claiming they were and are ignorant, rather than admit his own ignorance as demonstrated above.

Finally, poor Ilya stumbles into the subject all GOBP cultists fear (math) without realizing it. Notice how he picks out Spain and Greece as if they are representative of all of "socialist Europe." This failure to properly weight the roles those countries play in Europe are glaring. It's as if someone from Europe started blasting America by pointing out how stupid and unhealthy the people in Mississippi and Alabama were. Overall grade for Ilya: EPIC FAIL.

April 6, 2012 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  12. Socialism is the Future of America

Romney will never beat Obama socialism. Obama put the free in freedom. I get everything I need without paying anything or working. Working is for suckers. I get to enjoy my life so Obama gets my vote.

April 6, 2012 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  13. lili

gee the only people I know on welfare right now are all republicans and 2 are Mormon. I guess thats how we judge people now. What a stupid way of looking at things. The assinine notion that democrats are not patriotic or religious was started by the republican party and idiots keep parroting the same things today. Womens rights,education , health care care for the elderly, student loans. Gay rights are all democratic issues. And have been for years. Being a democrate does not mean you are dumb thats why we push for education and want to help the middle class. Democrats just want to work togeather to improve everyones lot in life. Let's move forward with a president that cares and has proven he can improve the economy. Why go with someone who won't disclose his holdings and hides his money in the cayman islands. ? Does that make sense. Buying companies and selling them for a profit after you fire every one does not make you a good businessman when it comes to the goverment and the economy. Obama 2012

April 6, 2012 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  14. Claudia, Phoenix, AZ

If Romney really plans on winning to pick West for a VP would doom his chances of winning any women because West has no respect for women he proved that going after Debbie Waserman Shultz in a very disrespectful manner.

April 6, 2012 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  15. Dominican mama 4 Obama (the real one)

This just goes to show how clueless Mittens is.
    President Obama is going to run circles around you. He's going to use your non-existent record and smack you over the head with it. He's going to use the gizzillion examples of your weak-azz, spineless, and pandering flip-flopping and have you believing that there are 20 of him coming at you.
    If I were you Mittens I'd start going to the gym, doubling down on my B-12 shots, and hire "sparring" partner because come November you'll be in for the azz-whipping of a LIFETIME!!!!!
    Save your strength Herman, you'll need it. Barack's got a lot of things he wants to get off his chest, and it's looking like you're going to be the whipping post representative for your dear old GOP. I'd wish you luck but I'd be lying and you do enough of that for ALL of us.
    Obama 2012. Seriously America

April 6, 2012 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  16. Mikey

@T'sah From Virginia
    ******************************************************
    We all know better than that. They totalled up all the individual federal taxes by state. Then the took all the entitlement payments by state. Do you know what they found out. The blue states are the net taxpayers. The red states get more handouts than they pay in. It's more the Conservatives that are getting handouts. Not that shocking. Have you ever seen video of a Tea Party rally. Looks like a bunch of whiney losers – exactly what a bunch of the bloggers her sound like. I'm talking about you @Truth, @Myviews, @Socialism, and others – you know who you are. All bitterness, little intelligent content.

April 6, 2012 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  17. ST

I can't wait when the real campaigning starts. What I know is, in politics it is what you sell to people and you are good in doing it. Romney hasn't done it and is not good at on this. Some people think that he is good in debating. BUT that will be only 3 debates only and very few vote on what a person debated on. John Kerry won all 3 debates and still people voted for Bush and he won. As stiff as Romney is, I can not oversee how he can overcome this!

April 6, 2012 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  18. Carla Nelson

Remember they already have a BLack PREZ that they don't want in thw White House so what makes him think that he is wanted. He needs take another look at himself. I don't care how much of a Rebplican he is his skin is dark. The will only use this man against Obama. Look at poor Hermain Cain selling them wolf tickets but somebody put a stop to him with the quickness. The don't mind blacks being in the Senate and Congress but it is another thing to have all that power in the White House. I have not seen A Black Rebuplican speak out on anything why becuase they know who pull the strings to keep them with a job. The better not even act like they are going to agree with Obama.

April 6, 2012 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  19. Donna

Romney's 2-point platform is (1) bash/lie about President Obama and (2) hide his money records. OBAMA 2012!

April 6, 2012 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  20. diridi

bottom line, this Mittens is total idiot....o.k, He sells this nation to CHINA. o.k,

April 6, 2012 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |