April 13th, 2012

Newark mayor rushes into burning home to save neighbor

(CNN) – Newark, New Jersey, Mayor Cory Booker ran into a burning building Thursday night to help rescue a trapped woman, an act of heroism that sent him to the hospital.

Booker talked about the incident on Twitter.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Cory Booker • New Jersey
  1. Fair is Fair

Gotta love a feel-good story like this. 3 cheers for the good mayor!

April 13, 2012 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  2. SUBS 4 VOTES

You can't do anything but love Corey Booker.

April 13, 2012 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  3. Babyboomer

I just read this article on another site. I also saw the story Henry Lewis Gates just did on Mayor Booker. I am very impressed with this young man. I can see Mayor Booker and Governor Deval Patrick as future major leaders in the country. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing many great things come from both these young men. Good work and God Bless you Mr. Mayor...

April 13, 2012 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  4. Larry in Houston

saw this clip on the Today Show – this guy is a hero.

April 13, 2012 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  5. Rudy NYC

When it comes time to re-elect a new NJ governer, don't be surprised to see Booker run against Christie and win.

April 13, 2012 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  6. Dominican mama 4 Obama (the real one)

Politics aside, what a cool thing to have done. Kudos to the mayor.

April 13, 2012 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  7. rightytighty

Got to love a good neighbor..

April 13, 2012 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  8. Timei Kaitaua

You know what, I am not scared of guns and knives, but fire especially big fire will make me a coward of the country. My Mayor Booker is a real hero.

April 13, 2012 11:15 am at 11:15 am |
  9. Dr. Knowitall

Well done to a brave guy. However, an act of valor onlr remains an act of valor if you don't brag about it on twitter and facebook. I would urge the Mayor to remain humble regarding his act. Afterall, it is something every person on the planet should be willing to do for another person.

April 13, 2012 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  10. The Real Truth and Nothing But the The Real Truth

Breaking away from his "bodyguards" to save a person from a burning building is an unbelieveably brave act by the mayor. He risked his life to save another. This is the definition of a hero.

And firefiighers and police do this every day of their life. All deserve trmendous thanks and whatever honors we can give them and their families.

April 13, 2012 11:17 am at 11:17 am |