BLITZER'S BLOG: Madeleine Albright speaks out on her hidden past
April 24th, 2012

BLITZER'S BLOG: Madeleine Albright speaks out on her hidden past

(CNN) – Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright has written a very powerful new book on the Holocaust and her Jewish heritage. She didn’t know her parents were Jewish until she was 59 years old and about to become President Bill Clinton’s Secretary of State.

“I had no idea that my family heritage was Jewish or that more than twenty of my relatives had died in the Holocaust,” she writes in “Prague Winter: A Personal Story of Remembrance and War, 1937-1948.”

FULL STORY

Filed under: Faith • TV-The Situation Room
  1. Dominican mama 4 Obama (the real one)

Really? Fascinating.

April 24, 2012 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  2. The Real Truth and Nothing But the Real Truth

59 and didn't know she was Jewish??? Trying to bury or forget about the past I guess. Very strange.

April 24, 2012 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  3. Rudy NYC

The Real Truth and Nothing But the Real Truth wrote:

----------

April 24, 2012 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  4. The Real Truth and Nothing But the Real Truth

Rudy NYC - I have to explain everything to you. It's called merchandising. She is on a book tour promoting her new book.
    =============================================================================================

No Rudy, you're missing the point. She says:

Now this is coming from a former SECRETARY OF STATE! You mean this never came up for conversation during security checks, backgorund checks, etc.?? THAT seems very strange.

April 24, 2012 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  5. the dogs of warp

Truth, it was the clinton administration. security checks and truths meant nothing.

April 24, 2012 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |