April 24th, 2012

Obama 'slow jams' the news

(CNN) – It's an honor that - until now - had been reserved for NBC News anchor Brian Williams: "slow jamming" the news with Jimmy Fallon.

But the "Late Night" host was joined by a new, and temporary, partner on Tuesday.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

President Barack Obama joined Fallon for a so-called "slow jam" in an appearance taped while visiting the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

"What we've said is simple: now is not the time to make school more expensive for our young people," Obama said, with the jazz tones behind him.

"Awww yeah, you should listen to the president," Fallon crooned. "Or as I like to call him, The Preezy of the United Steezy."

"Things were heating up inside Congress' chambers, behind all those closed doors," he continued.

Asked later in the interview for his impression of the likely GOP presidential nominee, Mitt Romney, Obama said he knows him, "but we're not friends."

"He seems like somebody who cares deeply about his family, and his wife is lovely," Obama said.

Obama also spoke on the recent scandal involving Secret Service agents, praising the service and calling those involved with prostitutes while on a trip to Colombia "knuckleheads."

Filed under: 2012
  1. baycap

Stevetundra, your comment was as accurate as your spelling.

April 25, 2012 06:59 am at 6:59 am |
  2. Shawn

Alex, I don't want my president attempting to be hip and acting like a little kid that won a mayor for the day contest. He is carrying on the tradition of the founders of this country and is the leader of the free world, not a 24 year old fratboy who refuses to grow up. Who cares if the president is likeable or relatable? What does this have to do with being president? Additionally, I'm really not that impressed by lawyers, I'm impressed by really good lawyers, there aren't really that many good ones.

April 25, 2012 07:01 am at 7:01 am |
  3. Joe

@stevetundra well he could be building a elevated car garage in one of his five mansions. Or constantly making gaffes about how rich he is. I give you republicans credit you know you hate your canidate for President. Don't be mad because he is campaigning to continue to fix Bush's 8yr destruction and take away tax cuts from wealthy. we would be in a depression if it wasn't for the steps he has taken already. When he is re-elected say goodbye to the bush tax cuts and I can't wait.....

April 25, 2012 07:06 am at 7:06 am |
  4. Errm

Stevetundra...That's baloney and you know it. Name a time prior to this when he was on tv.

April 25, 2012 07:09 am at 7:09 am |
  5. Larry

President Obama is goiing to wipe the floor with Mittens. Get ready republicans...get ready to see your mormon-bot become epic fail candidate!!

April 25, 2012 07:09 am at 7:09 am |
  6. Name

I thought it was hysterical. :-) I really don't think it was meant to be anything else.

April 25, 2012 07:14 am at 7:14 am |
  7. Amadea

Obama has time to go on a late night television show? Free exposure, I suppose. Frightening.

April 25, 2012 07:16 am at 7:16 am |
  8. Name Starrave

AMEN STEVETUNDRA.....By far the worst president since Harding and Carter...

April 25, 2012 07:17 am at 7:17 am |
  9. Sandi

I thought it was hysterical. I think we need to lighten up. I would have found any of the Republican candidates amusing in that position. It's alright to have fun sometimes. :)

April 25, 2012 07:17 am at 7:17 am |
  10. Kemikal

@Kyon, I totally agree with your comment; great post. Politicians lose sight of what the real goal is because they are trying to appeal to their party and not to the vast majority of Americans.

@Stevetundra, it's obvious that you are biased and unobservant. G.W. Bush damaged this country deeeply; for those of you who have forgotten, go speak to the countless number of parents whom have lost sons and daughters based on his incompetence. I don't see how you can put words together and say Pres Obama destroyed this country. Let's not even speak economy, if it had not been for Pres. Obama we would be in a depression. I don't agree with all of his policies, but he is the best person for the job.

April 25, 2012 07:18 am at 7:18 am |
  11. Todd

Coolest President Ever.

April 25, 2012 07:19 am at 7:19 am |
  12. Paula

@Stevetundra .....You said this in jest right? As @matthewdd basically said...think before you speak...and base your comment on facts. Bush spent more time on vacation than President Obama has.....this is clearly I don't like him because he's a Democrat.

April 25, 2012 07:21 am at 7:21 am |