Romney fundraising pitch: Chance at a meal with Ann
April 24th, 2012

Romney fundraising pitch: Chance at a meal with Ann

(CNN) – She is her husband's not-so-secret weapon on the campaign trail, and now Mitt Romney's presidential bid is looking to raise some campaign cash by offering a meal with his wife, Ann.

A Tuesday fundraising email from the candidate asks supporters to donate, promising entry "for a chance to share a meal with my lovely wife."

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

The reelection campaign of President Barack Obama has traded food and face time for donations several times this cycle, including offering dinners with Obama alone and others including his wife, Michelle.

Romney himself marked the Massachusetts holiday of Patriots Day earlier this month by bringing supporters to a Red Sox baseball game.

The former Massachusetts governor raised $12.6 million for the primary in March, and ended the month with $10.1 million cash on hand.

Also see:

Ahead of March deadline, last minute dash for cash

Romney to hit New York fundraising circuit

Filed under: 2012 • Ann Romney • Mitt Romney
  1. Rudy NYC

Dominican mama 4 Obama (the real one)

Are you freakin' kidding?
    Who in the hell...?!
    --------------–
    ME, that's who. She has to cook it though. I would love to see it proven to me that she raised 5 scrappy little boys without any help from anyone: not hubby, not auntie, not uncle, not grandma, grandpa, not sister, not brother, not even when she brought the first one home from the hospital. Not anyone at all is her claim.

Show me the home cooked meal, Ann. SHOW ME THE RMONEY.

April 24, 2012 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  2. Romney is not My Hero

Only if it's griiiiitts, and Rom-bot actually has to eat some. I will not settle for anything else. NOT! - I would rather have my date with Clooney/Obama. Thanks, anyway.

OBAMA 2012!

April 24, 2012 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  3. The REAL Truth.. (not the imposter)

commenting on this article, is a complete waste of space, and inconveniences MANY electrons...

April 24, 2012 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  4. A Disgusted Former Republican

What is so exciting about sharing a meal with a rich married woman?

April 24, 2012 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  5. I Got A Job Today

Sounds an awful lot like a pimp. "Put the woman out there but give me the money".

It's been said before but bears repeating. Without denigrating her job as a wife snd mother (yeah,yeah, the hardest job in the worrld. I get that!), unless she has earned a dime and was either equally or solely responsible for the financial well-being or demise of her family i.e., paid a utility bill from her own paycheck, called a creditor to ask for a delay in payment, had a negative balance at the end of the month, Ms. Romney has no credibility in speaking about "women's issues" or "report" to her husband what women are interested in. Stay home, Ms. Romney, play with the grandkids, be healthy, build your new house but please, please please do not pretend to know what economic dificulties women face every singe day – starting with paycheck inequality.

April 24, 2012 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  6. Donald "ORANGE JULIUS" Trump

No thanks. I'd rather donate my lunch to the local food bank, that sit there and have Ann tell me "...let them eat cake."

April 24, 2012 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  7. Laverne

Wonder what she will have her live in chef prepare for us???

April 24, 2012 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  8. Jeff in Virginia

I don't think that I could keep my meal down if Ann Romney were at the table. And I don't think she could either- because I don't bathe in cash.

April 24, 2012 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  9. Marie MD

Just looking at that picture makes me puke. I couldn't eat a bite if they were sitting across the table from me!

April 24, 2012 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |