Ann Romney: My 'wild and crazy' husband
May 1st, 2012

Ann Romney: My 'wild and crazy' husband

(CNN) - Ann Romney on Tuesday continued to disagree with the narrative that her husband, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, is "stiff."

"I love the opportunity of letting people see a side of Mitt that often people have mischaracterized ... as stiff, he's not. He's funny," Ann Romney said on CBS "This Morning" as she leaned over and put her arms around her husband of 42 years.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

Ann Romney said she still sees her partner as "the boy that I knew."

"I still look at him as the boy that I met in high school when he was playing all the jokes and really just being crazy, pretty crazy," she said. "There's a wild and crazy man inside of there."

Also see:

Romney calls OBL politics 'disappointing'

Romney might convince me, Christie says

Obama calls out 'previous statements' about bin Laden

McDonnell's Va. ads are about his state, not himself, spokesman says

Filed under: 2012 • Ann Romney • Mitt Romney
  1. sumedha

he is funny
    Romney is a joke.
    He has taken flip flops to next level , It is called lie and dishonesty.
    i have not seen a politician say things contradict what he says before . some times even hour ago.

May 1, 2012 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  2. Beverly - NYC

Wow she's selling this wild and zany Mitt fantasy kind of hard. Unfortunately Mrs. Romney the rest of us don't have your rose colored glasses.

May 1, 2012 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  3. greg

ann the economic specalist has a totally different idea as to what a wild and crazy guy is. I bet sometimes he even wears sneakers. Golly Fireing people makes him smile that and trees.

May 1, 2012 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  4. Lynda/Minnesota

"Ann Romney said she still sees her partner as "the boy that I knew."

And from all indications, Mitt is still ......... "that boy".

May 1, 2012 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  5. Grahame Rhodes

Oh I love the man. What people don't know is that he used to be the joke writer for Sarah Palin.

May 1, 2012 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  6. MikeH

To see a 'Wild and Crazy' Romney, must require uploading a different operating system then a Willard re-boot. More likely we'll see a Willard 'Blue Screen' system crash.

May 1, 2012 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  7. 1inMontana

I agree with these posts - especially babs.

May 1, 2012 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  8. Brian

They are such dry people. No character whatsoever. He grows up in a family of money and power. Follows his scripted life, scripted education, scripted marriage, scripted career, and like George Bush, needing to show his father that he is his own man by becoming President.

May 1, 2012 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  9. SUBS 4 VOTES/Dutch Bad Newz, VA/GROVER NORQUIST IS A ENEMY OF THE STATE

Wild & crazy is not the impression I draw from Willard. Dull and lame is more like it.

May 1, 2012 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  10. Evangenital

Ann, you are really trying hard. . .

May 1, 2012 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  11. GauisCaesar

I love how the caption on CNN's home page says: My "crazy" husband without mentioning the "wild' part that goes along with the phrase. CNN tries to use all the tricks to misrepresent Romney. What I realize about politics is you never get a fair shake! If you are a Republican, no matter if you are liberal, moderate, or conservative, the media will try to tear you apart. I mean, look at Romney or McCain. 2 moderate politicians that are so scorned by the media, most people miss the transition when they push right to win the conserv vote.

May 1, 2012 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  12. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Okay, give us an example of how wile and crazy he really is. Did he hire a sitter and wisk you off to a lavish night out of dinner and theater and then dancing only to get home in time to get the kids off to school? Did he come home with motorcycle just because he felt like it? I need something to believe that he really is wild and crazy because now I am thinking he is as stiff as Al Gore and is a lot more greedy.

May 1, 2012 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  13. The way it always is

You might know that CNN would not only misquote and report out of context but put a negative political spin on a totally innocuous comment. Par for the course, and true to form, CNN. Well done.

May 1, 2012 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  14. Susan

I'm from Massachusetts and I'd like to "thank" Romney for screwing up the state's economy and then ignoring his failures as a govenor. Gosh. what could he do for us as president? The rich will get richer and the middle-class will be poor. lots of laughs here.

May 1, 2012 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  15. mikithinks

It is not what is deep down inside of Mitt that i worry about, it is all the changing stuff we have seen over the years. A president does not need to be amusing, but he does need to tell the voter what he believes, and not what his high paid staff has as the latest attack. I don;t laugh at all the spin.

May 1, 2012 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  16. The Green Eyed Monster

I can see why people don’t like him! Why would you like a successful businessman that doesn’t smoke or drink and is of high moral character? What a looser nation we have become! We hate on a guy that is the success that we secretly wish we could be. Do you really think BO knows what average Americans are all about? What a bunch of suckers!!

May 1, 2012 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  17. SmartPotato

Well, he DOES loves the "Three Stooges" (witty comedy, right there). As soon as he names his running mate, that's what he can nickname them all...

May 1, 2012 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  18. Colin Morgan

When Mitt Romney goes bowling, he doesn't use the hand dryer.

May 1, 2012 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  19. JimTheBoy

Crazy or insane? "the boy that I knew", well I would think it was about time for "the boy" to grow up and be a mature man.

May 1, 2012 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  20. Pat

No wonder he is nominee of the Crazy party. Thxs for clarifying Ann. Now go back to raising ur 20 maids.

May 1, 2012 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  21. Ron

Yeah, "wild and crazy guy". Gimme a break.

May 1, 2012 10:51 am at 10:51 am |