Ann Romney: My 'wild and crazy' husband
May 1st, 2012

Ann Romney: My 'wild and crazy' husband

(CNN) - Ann Romney on Tuesday continued to disagree with the narrative that her husband, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, is "stiff."

"I love the opportunity of letting people see a side of Mitt that often people have mischaracterized ... as stiff, he's not. He's funny," Ann Romney said on CBS "This Morning" as she leaned over and put her arms around her husband of 42 years.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

Ann Romney said she still sees her partner as "the boy that I knew."

"I still look at him as the boy that I met in high school when he was playing all the jokes and really just being crazy, pretty crazy," she said. "There's a wild and crazy man inside of there."

Also see:

Romney calls OBL politics 'disappointing'

Romney might convince me, Christie says

Obama calls out 'previous statements' about bin Laden

McDonnell's Va. ads are about his state, not himself, spokesman says

Filed under: 2012 • Ann Romney • Mitt Romney
  1. Anonymous

like that one time that he tried alcohol and cigarettes and then never again?

May 1, 2012 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  2. Rsquared

I think she's confused with what she sees on SNL

May 1, 2012 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  3. Mike

Whatev's I'll believe it when I see it.

May 1, 2012 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  4. Sniffit

Why, one time, he even let me wear shoes in the kitchen!!!

May 1, 2012 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  5. The King

There is something very disturbing about watching rombot's mechanical strut, in blue jeans he's never worn before, trying to relate to people. He hasn't the foggiest idea how working people act, and he doesnt feel comfortable around them. This guy is going to lose big.
    Hillary in '16

May 1, 2012 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  6. jkINC

Then he's not being honest with the American people, just showing what his handlers want to see to get him elected. Not that dishonesty is anything new in politics. And actually, I'd like to see the crazier side of Mitt Romney, I'm not sure I believe it exists inside that starched collar.

May 1, 2012 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  7. JCQueipo

He is funny, he must be laughing, "all this poor pennyless people voting for me ??? is like chickens voting for Coronel Sanders HAHAHAHA" Romney exclaimed.

May 1, 2012 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  8. beevee

She meant to say 'my wild and greedy (for money) husband and she knows him well.

May 1, 2012 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  9. The Real Tom Paine

Is he, dare I say it, zany?

May 1, 2012 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  10. John Newbold

God he's so CRAZY! and WILD!

I've always found, if someone else has to point out how "wild and crazy" you are...you most definitely are not.

May 1, 2012 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  11. Larry L

There's nothing less funny than a stuffed-shirt trying to be funny. Did you hear that one about the poor? No wait... nobody cares about the poor... ta-dump...

May 1, 2012 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  12. lyn

She loves her lifestyle Mitt gives her. Two cadillacs, an elevator for them, in luxurious homes, household help and money that allows her to live the life most of us can't afford on middle-class income.

May 1, 2012 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  13. Here we go...

Oh Willard. You are such a cut up!

May 1, 2012 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  14. Corporations R. People 2

Ummm Ok, he's a regular Steve Martin that Willard. Zany and weird.

May 1, 2012 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  15. babs

R. Money – just your average fun-loving vulture capitalist who changes positions like a shape-shifter from Star Trek.

May 1, 2012 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  16. K3Citizen

Ann's idea of wild and crazy is when Mitt ties the dog to the roof of the car and then drives 85 mph for 8 hours.

May 1, 2012 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  17. K3Citizen

One time, Mitt wore a pair of sneakers with his $2,000 suit. Man those were good times!

May 1, 2012 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  18. politicallyinsurrect

Wild, crazy, funny..I agree. But I also think he's quite stiff because I have eyeballs.

May 1, 2012 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  19. Ivan Bial

She's right. When I look and listen to Mitt, I see and hear a wild and crazy guy..
    OOPS
    I said that wrong..Mrs. Mitt thinks the public is crazy. To believe Mitt is anything but a stiff unemotional piece of wood one would have to be crazy

May 1, 2012 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  20. Bessy

His whole campaign is " funny ". Funny and sick.

May 1, 2012 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  21. John

What she really said was that "he was wild and greedy". Why is she out of the kitchen.

May 1, 2012 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  22. Garys1

Sure wasn't very funny when he was Governor of Massachusetts.

May 1, 2012 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  23. nolongerarepublican

I have to agree with Romney's wife. "Stiff" could not possibly be a word used to describe her husband, if you get my drift.

May 1, 2012 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  24. aaron

anyone who thinks they are seeing the REAL person when they look at a prez candidate is fooling themselves. we in the public say we want a real person then lambaste them for making mistakes. this is not party specific.

May 1, 2012 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  25. Just saying

When people have to keep saying someone is WILD and CRAZY, or FUNNY, usually THEY ARE NOT. When it is natural it just comes across that way. Concret don't move easily, unless you break it. Just saying.

May 1, 2012 10:30 am at 10:30 am |