Would you pay $40,000 for dinner with Obama and Clooney?
May 3rd, 2012

Would you pay $40,000 for dinner with Obama and Clooney?

(CNN) – It's always a heady combination–the intersection of politics and Hollywood–and now Team Obama is reportedly cashing in big time.

The campaign just capped a contest called "Obama, Clooney, and You," which offered supporters a chance to win two tickets for dinner with the president, George Clooney, and a host of other high-dollar donors at the movie star's Los Angeles home next week.

FULL STORY

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Romney is not My Hero

YES!!! – At the movie star's LA home? Let me go rob a bank. I'll be right back.

Clooney 2012!!! .... Umm, I mean – OBAMA 2012!

May 3, 2012 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  2. Marie MD

YES!!! Is this a trick question?
    For the haters, corporations are people and most of the teapublikan money is coming from them, so hush!
    The Democrats need to get on the bandwagon and not be left behind.

May 3, 2012 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  3. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

Would you pay $40,000 for dinner with Obama and Clooney?
    ===============================================
    I would only have dinner with them if they EACH paid ME $40,000!!!

May 3, 2012 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  4. Gurgyl

If I had I would pay for my nation–because bain capital ruin my nation, which I do not want. Obama12.

May 3, 2012 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  5. Myviewis

How ridiculous that the president of our country has to reach out to the clowns of Hollywood to help him win reelection because he cannot win on his own job performance. Seriously, if he had done as good of a job as his commercials promised, he would not be needing this wannabe/moron president actor Clooney to help him stay in the White House. Obama needs to stop messing around with Hollywood, get over Hollywood clowns and get serious of our lives. We are all going through difficult times and he's hanging out with Hollywood, how pathetic is this when Obama is making decisions that impact all of our lives from job to food, gas, banking, health, taxes, education, safety. I don't care to see our President hanging out with Jimmy Fallon while we are all worried about our bills, having cash in the bank. Perhaps having so much money and hanging out with the rich of Hollywood has caused our President Obama to lose sight of what the rest of us are going through and our situation is a joke to him.

May 3, 2012 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  6. Boo

No...if it were Obama and Johnny Depp, maybe I would. Clooney is overrated and boring.

May 3, 2012 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  7. Sandy

Sure if I had the money to spare, but I don't.

May 3, 2012 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  8. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Yes I would and I ain't mad at anyone who can because "God bless the child who has his own". Besides that, in the presents of Obama and Clooney together would make me think I had died and gone to Heaven. Not everyone is soooo fine.

May 3, 2012 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  9. Rudy NYC

Myviewis

------------------
    Not half as ridiculous as a candidate from a party who recieves dramatically larger sums of money from anonymous sources. For all we know, their candidate could be working for a foreign nation. Or even worse, he could be working for an exclusive set of wealthy puppet masters.

May 3, 2012 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  10. Myviewis

It is obvious that people that support Obama hanging out with the rich of Hollywood are wealthy Democrats because there is no way that people standing in line looking for a job, people who took a less paying job, people who have exhausted their savings can be happy to see our president hanging out with the rich, rich, rich of Hollywood who have no idea how much a gallon of milk costs, less alone a gallon of gas because they have assistants taking care of their needs. Seriously, this President loves the rich, rich, rich.

May 3, 2012 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  11. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

Well, at least we now know what it takes to buy Obama!

But he's far too over priced based on his performance in office. He'd have to sing and tell jokes for an hour or two to justify that price.

May 3, 2012 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  12. Wvazoe

If I had it yes I would!

May 3, 2012 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  13. MaryM

Yes, 1000xs yes

May 3, 2012 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  14. FED up

If I had money to burn like that, I would take Ron Paul out to dinner with Clinton Eastwood. Now that would be a dinner conversation worth 40,000$

May 3, 2012 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  15. Charlie from the North

Even If I had that much that much money just laying around I still would not be a Republican, especially now that the Tea Party has take over. So yeah I guess if I had the money. I would.

May 3, 2012 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  16. Susan

The best way to sum up their election slogan: Hype and Blame 2012.

May 3, 2012 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  17. Myviewis

@Rudy NYC – I have a feeling you have a lot of money which is why it doesn't bother you that Obama hangs out with the morons of Hollywood and that Obama loves hanging out with the very rich. Seriously, Clooney is as priviledged as a person could be, that guy was born with a silver spoon and Obama just wants to be around him. It is obvious Obama loves money, wealth, richness. Grow up Rudy!

May 3, 2012 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  18. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

Geez, Obama is really getting desperate for money! When is he going to start pimping out Michelle for dinners and other activities?

May 3, 2012 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  19. Carole

Sorry Clooney, & O'Bummer: While I still have some money, what I can save is going towards retirement housing and long term health insurance so my children will not have that burden when I get older.

May 3, 2012 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  20. demwit

I wonder when Obama is going to invite the rest of the 99% to dinner??

May 3, 2012 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  21. ReaiityBites

$40,000 How ironic.,.considering your new fair share of the national debt is now $48,358, and climbing fast..

May 3, 2012 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  22. demwit

Apparently Obama only eats dinner with the 1%, shhhhh.......

May 3, 2012 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  23. Joyce

If I had the money yes I would. If I had won that big lottery 365 million a couple of months back I would have been a super pac for Obama.

May 3, 2012 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  24. Buffet

Is it tax deductable? And will I get more contracts from the Feds??
    And just so ya know, I don't pay enough taxes..

May 3, 2012 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  25. vic , nashville ,tn

No, I won’t spend a penny to eat with politician

@ Myviewis
    only past three years you are thinking like this

May 3, 2012 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |