Despite a frustrated GOP, anti-Obama 'birthers' still persist
May 23rd, 2012

Despite a frustrated GOP, anti-Obama 'birthers' still persist

Washington (CNN) – Dark theories about President Barack Obama's citizenship show no signs of fading away.

But "birthers," as those skeptics of Obama's heritage are known, no longer seem relegated to tinfoil hat fringes of American politics.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Birthers • President Obama
  1. Namejkane fl live FROM ROMNEYCARE BIG DIG IN BOSTON, 15BILLION DALLAR ROMNEY FISCILE CONSERVATIVE FAILED GOV,THREE TIME LOSER

Republicans should all go to somila where they have the same values!!!!

May 23, 2012 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  2. obama victim

Barry willl be gone in November....and this silliness can end

May 23, 2012 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  3. Namejkane fl live FROM ROMNEYCARE BIG DIG IN BOSTON, 15BILLION DALLAR ROMNEY FISCILE CONSERVATIVE FAILED GOV,THREE TIME LOSER

Republicans should be thrown out of government altogether because of their extremest agenda and obstruction of jobs programs .they are trying to sabatage the economy to get Obama out. Read up on it .

May 23, 2012 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  4. John

If the willet (Romney) get elected we will be returning back to the days where justice is blind and freedom is gone

May 23, 2012 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  5. A True Centrist

I'm not a so-called "birther" and the fact it is still discussed is ridiculous. I will say that Obama probably kept this "issue" going by using his heritage to gain certain advantages in his career. Breitbart just posted a document issued by Obama's own literary representatives that stated he was born in Kenya. I don't think it's true, but I think Obama purposely had this sent to publishers because he thought it would make him a more attractive writer to sign.

And to Namejkane, I live in Boston and the Big Dig was well-underway before Romney took office. He balanced the budget four straight years as governor, something that rarely happens in today's world. He cut certain programs to do that, but I have no problems with him making the tough decisions to maintain some fiscal sanity in the state. Too bad California can't make those same tough decisions.

May 23, 2012 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  6. DR

This group is a heartbeat from burning crosses in front yards throughout America. We are becoming a fascist state in a big hurry. We defeated Germany in WWII only to take there place. We are fighting in other countries "just like Germany did" and we are oppressing people that we "don't think are like us"just like Germany did. Fox news is the Joseph Goebbels of the time. Look at your history books.. Fascism is coming to America carrying a bible and an American flag. Tea Party is the new Third Reich.

May 23, 2012 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  7. Dave

It's very simple: "You can't cure stupid."

May 23, 2012 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  8. BLKMANinAmerica

How about the American media needs to STOP giving these RACIST people a platform. Who in the right mind really gives a darn about what these looser think and WHY on earth should anyone listen to someone who is hell bend on believing a known LIE?

May 23, 2012 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  9. Jules

This "birther" issue exists because there is a segment of the population that must make this first Afican American president illigitimate. They can't accept the fact that this man was elected to the highest office in the land when they have always thought they were better than all African Americans. Am I playing the race card? You betcha! And if the last line doesn't tell you – I am an old, white Minnesota farm girl. And it's time somebody calls the hate mongers of this country that have to think that they must be the superior race exactly what they are. Not superior to anyone and wrong.

May 23, 2012 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  10. Tyrone

Conterverial Stuff bout George But 100% True.

May 23, 2012 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  11. ST

It is always a shame when people show their ignorance publicly and do not take any initiative of asking any help to be educated on something. It would be nice if these birthers should be ignored and no any journalist should cover any story about them. It is never expensive to be stupid!

May 23, 2012 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  12. Al-NY,NY

this is good news.......these morons will further help sink Mittens like a lead balloon. When even the she-man Ann Coulter says drop it and you don't, you're in trouble

May 23, 2012 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  13. Darryl

I hope the people iof this country aren't stupid enough to vote for Romney because Wallstreet will control our lives totally.And our voice will never again be heard.Big Mistake !

May 23, 2012 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  14. ThinkAgain

If the birthers really wanted to prove President Obama was born in Kenya, then they should be willing to provide his naturalization papers, signed by the sitting US Secretary of State. He would have them, because he would have gotten dual US-Kenyan citizenship when he was born (because his mom was a US citizen) and he would have needed naturalization papers to get a Social Security card and number. (Having been born in Germany to US military personnel stationed there, I know about these things; my naturalization papers were signed by Henry Kissinger.)

So where's the paper trail, birthers? Where's the registry of foreign birth abroad President Obama's parents would have filed? Where are the naturalization papers? Where's the documentation he would have had to produce to move to Indonesia with his mom?

Where are all these papers?

What's most pathetic about these birther folks is their cowardice in accusing President Obama's mother, father and maternal grandparents of being liars – accusing people who are dead, so they can't defend themselves. Because we all know that if they were alive, the birthers NEVER would have made a peep.

May 23, 2012 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  15. rs

This is what happens when a political party (the GOP) creates a fake "grass-roots" party (TEA Party), and tries to attract the lowest common-denominator of the voting populace. There ought not be any surprises. The GOP and their mouth pieces (Rush, at al) spread this garbage. That their uneducated minions now believe this tripe ought not be a surprise to anybody.

Meanwhile, in their rush to the bottom, the GOP has done the greatest damage ever to the office of the President with these empty attacks. They are no longer Amercans in any sense- they just want to play games, not lead.

May 23, 2012 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  16. Marie MD

Where are the space aliens when you REALLY need them to riid the Earth of these mutant pests?
    Has anyone seen or heard about the birth ceriticates of any of the rethug primary runners. What about the sociorobully bishop? The fact that his grandaddy was a polygamist who married eight women after moving to Mexico should raise questions about where the flip flopper was born. For all we know his daddy was in Mexico visiting relatives at the time of his birth. Just like mccain who was truly born in Panama!!!

May 23, 2012 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  17. .. Kentucky long-rifleman ........

These are the same folks that think the sun revolves around the earth, that Francisco Franco is STILL ALIVE, that Santa's elves are gay, that DUBYA WAS A GREAT MAN, that CHENEY IS STILL ALIVE, that the stork brings babies, and that RON PAUL is a reincarnation of St. FRANCIS of ASSISI .

May 23, 2012 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  18. Myviewis

Here we go again. As a foreigner I always have to show my US Citizenship document or my original birth certificate so why doesn't Obama just produce his original birth certificate and be done with it. I'm sure his mother had his original birth certificate and gave it to him. A copy of my birth certificate is never accepted so I can see why a copy of Obama's certificate is not accepted either..

May 23, 2012 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  19. Fair is Fair

I really wish these people would just concentrate on the economy and put the bizzaro camel dung conspiracy theories where the sun don't shine. FOCUS ON THE ECONOMY.

May 23, 2012 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  20. Tyrone

Call me Crazy, But I dont think being Born in an FLDS Cult in MEXICO Qualifies you for running for President of The United States of America. Was I reading the Wrong books in Elemetary school. How did George Romney pull that off???

May 23, 2012 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  21. .. a laurel and hardy handshake ........

These woodenheads also think that WILLARD MITTHOUSE ROMNEY is not a christian !!

May 23, 2012 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  22. Myviewis

I guess when we have a different opinion to that of Democrats our opinions will conveniently not be posted. I guess this is what it takes to get Obama into the White House a 2nd term, ignore everyone else's opinions.

May 23, 2012 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  23. The Real Tom Paine

-A True Centrist

*************************
    Based on your statement, you must have approved of the gas retailer's tax, the increase in hunting license fees and other taxes and fees he added. Strange you did not mention those.

May 23, 2012 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  24. once upon a horse

stupid is as stupid does...the problem with these folks is that they don't really WANT to believe Obama is an American...I mean just look at that name Barrack Obama....he needs an normal American last name like say PRIEBUS to be accepted. For a big laugh though whenever Obama's term is over be it 2013 or 2017 he should hold up a Kenyan birth certificate, point to it and say GOTCHA!!!

May 23, 2012 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  25. Myviewis

I guess you guys don't want me a Foreigner to agree that if I have to show my US Citizenship papers and my original birth certificate than President Obama should show his original birth certificate which I am sure he has it. Why should Obama be any different?

May 23, 2012 11:07 am at 11:07 am |