Trump flirts with starting super PAC
May 24th, 2012

Trump flirts with starting super PAC

(CNN) – Donald Trump may have nixed a bid for the White House, but the businessman and reality television star isn't staying out of the 2012 presidential race.

Trump said in an interview posted online Thursday he was considering starting his own super PAC that would advocate for issues he's been speaking about during the current election cycle.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"My super PAC ads would be focused on how outside places and outside things are absolutely sucking the blood out of this country, and this country can't be great again unless it really starts to generate money," Trump said in interview with the conservative publication NewsMax.

Trump, who endorsed likely GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney at a February event in Las Vegas, said he was disturbed by ads from other conservative groups.

"There was a recent [anti-Obama] commercial done where they made him look like a superhero. I'm saying, who made this commercial? I thought it was one of the worst commercial I've ever seen," Trump said.

A Trump super PAC would run more issue-based ads, the businessman said: "If I did one I would show how bad we're doing as a country, how disrespected we are as a country. I would show people from OPEC, 11 people sitting around a beautiful gold-encrusted table talking about how they are going to continue to rip off the United States."

Trump flirted with a run for president before saying in May 2011 he wasn't willing to cancel his realty show "The Apprentice" to comply with laws mandating equal air time for candidates.

Also see:

Obama campaign expands Bain attack and general election ad buys

Poll: Romney takes lead in Florida

Palin endorses Utah's Hatch in Senate race

Arkansas, Kentucky primaries pose challenge for Obama

Filed under: Donald Trump
  1. Boytjie

"I'm saying, who made this commercial? I thought it was one of the worst commercial I've ever seen," Trump said.
    ================================
    To me "Trump" and "worst" goes hand in hand: worst hair, worst buildings, worst intelligence...

May 24, 2012 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  2. Ed

"Dude – less talk and more action – dont tell us about what you "intend" to do, or what you are "condsidering" doing."

I agree, Obama needs to get with the program

May 24, 2012 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  3. B.

Trump will spend any amount of money to stay in front of a camera. He is a obsessive- compulsive egomaniac.

May 24, 2012 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  4. Nathan

This guy is indicative of what the Republican party has become. From Palin to Trump to Cain to Bachmann To Cheney to Gingrich to Bush. This is a cast of character the likes this country has never seen at one time and in one party. Then you top it off with one of the lamest candidates for President ever in Romney. It would be funny if it wasn't so scary.

May 24, 2012 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  5. Punisher2000

Dear Mr. Trump, and I use the term very lightly. Please consider my request to become a true Patriot. As you love your country a lot, this would be easy to do. All you have to do, is do no more, say no more, be visible no more. Just do business and fire people. Leave politics to experienced fraud artists and thieves.

May 24, 2012 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  6. Anonymous

"Considering"; all this amounts to is Donald attempting to put his weird-haired head back into the national spotlight.

May 24, 2012 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  7. Rudy NYC

------------------–
    This amaing claim reminds me of another set of stunning revelations that The Donald promised to uncover and present us. I recall it had something to do with some private investigators of his unearthing something spectaclar in Hawaii, which would show us that one biggest scam of all time had been committed by Pres. Obama. It's been over year, he's sort of stopped talkling about it, and we are still waiting. Don't hold your breathe, hold on to your donations.

May 24, 2012 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  8. luke,az

The Republican party is comprised of at least 4 groups; moderates,evangelicals,tea partiers and birthers(Trump). They're about to explode. Not your dad's party anymore.

May 24, 2012 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  9. gregingso

Maybe someday a true American Patriot will take out the entire SCOTUS and do us all a favor. The beginning of the end for this country came when SCOTUS helped GW steal the election. That wasn't good enough though then they had to allow SUPERPACS to make sure that no matter what anybody else might do that they would stay in control of the country they helped to steal. I call on all true patriots to attack the SCOTUS AND DESTROY THEM ALL.

May 24, 2012 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  10. Lucky18

Donald Trump has always been the losest of the low. Why should he stop now?

May 24, 2012 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  11. DMC3827352

This weird-haired charlatan makes P.T. Barnum seem like a genius.

May 24, 2012 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  12. J mac

Who let this clown out again ? Doesn't matter we all can use a laugh. Every time i see his face i can't stop laughing, go back and rescue your Atlantic City dumps Donny, let the grown-ups tackle the issues of substance. What a bozo !

May 24, 2012 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  13. Jane

The only 'issue' Trump is ever interested in pursuing is Trump.

May 24, 2012 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  14. John

And this man claim to be smart ,but Isn't smart enough to stay out of thing he know nothing about. This Is what wrong with the Republican Party NOW. They have to many people that don't know what they are doing but running there mouth. You have Saran Palin ,Michele Bachmann, And most of all the TEA PARTY and the People they got Into Office.

May 24, 2012 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  15. I do not like this mean man

He is a greedy and mean person.

May 24, 2012 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  16. MJ

Mr Trump – During your interviews on the "birther" investigation, you proclaimed that your staff had unearthed some starkling revelations about Obama, and that you'll be sharing them at an "appropriate" time.
    We're still waiting on your 'revelations". Either act on what you rant, or just STFU and enjoy your lap dances.

And leave the job of 'fixing' the country to adults.

May 24, 2012 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  17. 1twinsfan

Trump had better hold off on the Superpac. If Romney wins, he'll have to hustle himself (instead of us) down to the local Dem office and register once again as the party that is NOT in office.

May 24, 2012 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  18. ugly as ugly can be

money can not buy him beauty

May 24, 2012 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  19. snowdogg

"I would show people from OPEC, 11 people sitting around a beautiful gold-encrusted table talking about how they are going to continue to rip off the United States."

Actually, Don, it is about 130 speculators scattered around the globe who set the selling price of oil... I'll bet a lot of them are your friends too.

May 24, 2012 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  20. RINO Bil

It seems to me that these super-rich people are doing their damned-est to buy November's elections for the Tea-Republican Party.

May 24, 2012 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  21. mommytwice

I wonder what a reality tv guy really knows about what's going on behind closed doors at OPEC. Oh, let me guess. NOTHING. Close your mouth Mr. Trump, your lack of knowledge about anything is showing again.

May 24, 2012 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  22. Vote the Tea Party OUT in 2012

hey Donald how is that troop you claim to have on the ground in Hawaii doing looking for the REAL birth certificate for the president? You must have hired the same group OJ did to find the "real killers".

May 24, 2012 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  23. Tom

Hey Donald, You seem to like the Alpha personality type. I have a proposition for you. Let's buy Greece. Turn into another Monte Carlo. It's ripe for the taking. You have the capitol and means, I have the balls, brains and brawn.

May 24, 2012 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  24. Silence DoGood

Coming in November: Clash of the super-rich power mongers on both sides of the repub/democ circus. I say kick all of the them out. it is time for another party or two to play in this game.

May 24, 2012 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  25. Toad

The republican party is becoming a reality show! " THE RICH AND FAMOUS ".

May 24, 2012 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |