Poll: Michelle Obama quite liked
May 30th, 2012

Poll: Michelle Obama quite liked

(CNN) - First lady Michelle Obama is still a popular figure in the United States, according to a new poll of Americans released Wednesday.

The Gallup survey indicated the first lady has a 66% favorable rating, unchanged from two years ago and consistent with the figures she received when her husband, Barack Obama, was sworn in as president.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

Although her rating did not top 54% during the 2008 presidential campaign, she received a boost shortly before inauguration in 2009, to 68%.

Americans tend to view first ladies more positively than presidents, a trend continued in the current administration. Michelle's favorable figure has averaged nine percentage points higher than her husband, who 52% of Americans view in a positive light, according to the latest Gallup figures.

Former first lady Laura Bush, wife of former President George W. Bush, averaged a 73% rating during her eight years in the White House. Hillary Clinton, the current secretary of state and wife of former President Bill Clinton, received an average of 56% through Clinton's two terms.

Also see:

Gingrich: Obama an 'American-born job-killing president'

Romney hits 'magic number' for GOP nomination

Incumbent outraised Democratic challenger in Wisconsin gubernatorial contest

Romney makes stop at raucous Vegas rally

Filed under: Michelle Obama • Polls
  1. myron8160

what not to like aout miss obama she good on the EYES

May 30, 2012 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  2. judith

she is smart, beautiful, compassionate... what's not to love?????

May 30, 2012 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  3. demwit

Polls on the first lady!? This is what a CNN producer does?? Give me a break!!

May 30, 2012 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  4. Sydnium S. Washington

Like voters once said: "We Like Bush".

May 30, 2012 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  5. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Michelle Obama, our First Lady, is quite simply: OUTSTANDING.
    God bless her, our President and their children. May he continue to keep them safe from harm.

May 30, 2012 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  6. ChrisM

Yes she is well liked and so is her husband.

Obama 2012

May 30, 2012 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  7. Ed1

She might get a better chance of getting elected than Obama with his ratings in the toilet.

Keep flying around the country at tax payers expense must be nice wouldn't know I have to pay taxes so you and Obama have fun at our expense.

May 30, 2012 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  8. Gurgyl

I like her, I like to advise, she needs to stay away from dirty politics, focus on kids. God bless. Obama12.

May 30, 2012 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  9. B.

Classy and intelligent lady who will be the First Lady again.

May 30, 2012 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  10. American

Love our First Lady...a class act.

May 30, 2012 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  11. Lisa

omg I absolutely love the woman. She is such a role model

May 30, 2012 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  12. Nsikan

I like her a lot......

May 30, 2012 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  13. Claudia, Houston, Tx

I've always thought highly of all our First Ladies regardless of whose the President, it's got to be a tough job. After one term, I'd want my husband out of there and home.

May 30, 2012 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  14. Me IN HOUSTON

"Poll: Michelle Obama quite liked"
    yeah, that is because she is awesome.
    and she is hott

May 30, 2012 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  15. Woman In California

We love you Michelle and intend to keep you.

Obama 2012

May 30, 2012 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  16. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

She speaks well and encourages good behavior. What is not to like?

May 30, 2012 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  17. demwit

But is she still proud to be an American? And when will that change.., again.

May 30, 2012 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  18. hal

Laura Bush had a higher rating...hmmmm.

May 30, 2012 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  19. Surfer George

DemWitless (you clearly don't understand anything but what Rush tells you to understand):
    She's proud to be n American, probably prouder than ever and she'll be even prouder after the November Elections!
    The more important question is THIS:
    After President Obama wins reelection will YOU be a proud American?

May 30, 2012 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  20. Peggy

Great woman.

May 30, 2012 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  21. Lorri

All you Obama lovers can speak for yourelves. Stop speaking for everyone else. She is not liked by all! I can't stand her or her ignorant husband. She is only proud to be an American when America is bending over and kissing her you know what! Vote them out to make America a better place!!!

May 30, 2012 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  22. Dustie

I find much that is objectionable about Michelle Obama: Her trip to Spain on the taxpayer's money with her forty plus entourage, her many vacations, the very few contributions that she has made since becoming First Lady, and then there is her past in cushy jobs and one where she shuttled poor patients away from the hospital where she worked in order to get a better class of patients... not impressed at all. It's been all about her fashions, but nothing substantive. Not a horrible person, but she comes across as angry one. I question how she could listen to "Rev. G-damn AmericaWright's" hate-filled sermons for over twenty years...

May 30, 2012 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  23. Rick

Worst First Lady of the worst President in the history of the USA. Such a fake smile and begs for the limelight like no other Presidents wife.

May 30, 2012 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  24. Cathy

"“For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I’m Really Proud of My Country”......Michelle Obama

Well, for the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really not proud of our First Lady. Plus, I don't like people that are all about...'Do as I say, not as I do.'

May 30, 2012 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  25. Really?

Duh; no one is going to say they dislike her because they would be called a racist.
    Truth is we can like her but not her liberal ideas and the fact that she was never proud of this country until her Marxist husband was on the ballot.

May 30, 2012 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |