Obama to hit the road, pressing for jobs and raising more money
May 31st, 2012

Obama to hit the road, pressing for jobs and raising more money

(CNN) - President Barack Obama will focus on jobs Friday, continuing to press Congress on his so-called "to do" list. Friday’s item: pushing for the establishment of a Veterans Job Corps. At a Honeywell International plant in a Minneapolis suburb, he will make his case that the country needs to "honor our commitment to returning veterans," according to a White House release.

Friday’s event coincides with the release of the May unemployment numbers. Economists will be closely watching the jobs numbers after two months of slowdown in the sputtering U.S. economy.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • President Obama
  1. acdcguy

Guess he's been blurry last 3 1/2 years, little late to start focusing now......... Oh, nm, forgot, its Bush's fault..........

May 31, 2012 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  2. lardoggy

I voted for Obama in 08 base off is words,I know now it was all about power and money, not the people!Time to move on!

May 31, 2012 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  3. The GOP opens mouth and inserts foot

Mr. President, you're doing a great job, but sometimes it feels like you're doing it alone because businesses are more GOP than they are for America. While I agree that vets need jobs, the rest of us do as well. I was out of work for 18 months, so I have sympathy for those returning vets who will be on the job hunt the same as I was.

However, a few suggestions –

Give large businesses that do not have ANY outsourced labor a tax break. Seriously, when I used to call Earthlink, I was talking to someone in India or Mexico, not America.

No business should be able to give campaign contributions to any political party or person. That money should go for salaries.

Any labor redactions or pay cuts should start at the TOP. CEOs and the board and top management should be the first ones to get hit with paycheck cuts. Any cessations of benefits should start at the top - no more corporate jet flying, no leased cars, for instance. This money can be used to hire people in the lower eschelons of the company.

Make these little ideas law. Make the corporations responsible. They should be using common sense in the first place, not making decisions so the upper eschelons get richer while the others get laid off. That'll help create jobs. The vets go to work, the rest of America can go back to work, the economy recovers.

May 31, 2012 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  4. Fair is Fair

Obama to hit the road. On January 20, 2013.

May 31, 2012 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  5. Dean

Obama will take away jobs from some people, give jobs to others, and say, "look at all the new jobs I created, single-handedly, all by myself. Damn I'm good!"

May 31, 2012 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  6. bill

Worst President ever.

May 31, 2012 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  7. Woman In California

Fair is Fair
    Obama to hit the road. On January 20, 2013.

Yes, it will be to another inauguration ceremony as America will once again REJECT Willard and his secret plans for his "Amercia". Plan to go fishing if you can't stand to watch it.

May 31, 2012 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  8. Four and The Door

The GOP opens mouth and inserts foot
    ... While I agree that vets need jobs, the rest of us do as well. I was out of work for 18 months, so I have sympathy for those returning vets who will be on the job hunt the same as I was.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
    The best answer for you, the returning veterans and more than 15 million unemployed Americans is to get the economy growing again. What have you seen in the last 3 1/2 years that says Obama is the guy who can do that? I'm not talking about what his speechwriters and Campaign spinmeisters have had him talk about, I'm asking about what you have actually seen him do. Not much. The economy was the main issue in 2009 when he took office and more Americans are unemployed now than then. He is not the guy. Mitt Romney is. Mitt Romney will get Americans working again.

May 31, 2012 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  9. bill

just another $180.000/hr. ride to spread more bs at our expense. i voted for obama, but never again.

May 31, 2012 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  10. amf140

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. Someone tell me when this guy is going to start governing.

May 31, 2012 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |