Cain picks up where Boortz left off
June 4th, 2012

Cain picks up where Boortz left off

(CNN) – Herman Cain's taking to the air waves again.

The former Republican presidential candidate will fill the spot left vacant by retiring radio host Neal Boortz, who announced his decision Monday on his program.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

January 18, 2013 will be the last day of "The Neal Boortz Show," which premiered on News/Talk WSB in 1993 and can now be heard on more than 200 radio stations nationwide, according to WSB.

Cain, who currently joins Boortz daily for a segment, will host his inaugural show on inauguration day, January 21, 2013.

Cain previously hosted an evening program on the radio station and jokingly thanked the over four decade long radio veteran Boortz for keeping his seat warm.

"Also, I am ecstatic that Neal has kept the radio host's chair warm for me all these years," Cain said in a statement. "He may be 'The TalkMaster,' but Neal's listeners know I'm the 'The Dean of the University of Common Sense.'"

The former CEO of Godfather's Pizza made a tumultuous run for the Republican presidential nomination last year, a bid that ended in December amid accusations of sexual harassment.

Boortz, known as the "The Talkmaster," said he plans to spend time traveling with his wife after his retirement.

"Believe me, this wasn't a decision I made lightly. I love this business and everything it has afforded me," Boortz said in a statement. "I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to be doing my talk show for 42 years."

Filed under: Herman Cain
  1. Al-NY,NY

one hot-air machine replaced by another....big whoop

June 4, 2012 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  2. Matt

chumlee

Cain. Just.Go.Away. You are an insult to women and humanity
    **********************************************************************************
    You along with all the others here insulting this black man are RACIST!!!! Why all the hate?? Oh wait, I know. The hate from you all is because Mr. Cain is black. You bunch of RACIST!!!!!!!

June 4, 2012 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  3. 66Biker

How can he claim to be "The Dean of the University of Common Sense" when he's a Republicon? "Common Sense" and "Republicon" go together about as well as "Military" and "Intelligence". I am glad to hear "The Mouth of Moron" is retiring though.

June 4, 2012 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  4. Gumby

Great news...Comedy Central to launch a radio network! What? You mean, it's NOT a joke? Oh...never mind!

June 4, 2012 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  5. Alongtheway

This is not news.

June 4, 2012 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  6. Anonymous

I can't believe he's not on FOX. Either way, he'll wear thin in a hurry.
    =================

Not a good fit for FOX. I agree he'll wear thin in a hurry no matter where he goes. Too bad CNN hadn't thought of that before they tried to once again resurrect him from the Tea Party cutting board by insulting what is left of their viewership with nonstop coverage of these GOP has beens.

This continuance of CNN to try and revive the 2008 election year ratings by referencing Trump, Palin, McCain, Preibus, Cain (and others) non stop isn't going anywhere but to the back alley of gutter nonsense where it belongs.

June 4, 2012 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  7. Claudia, Houston, Tx

He won't last long so I'll tell him goodbye now.

June 4, 2012 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  8. GI Joe

He'll use his fame to get more girls. Look Out Mrs. 999.

June 4, 2012 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  9. Indrid Cold

So, old "Mr. Stinky Feet" has got himself a gig at a radio station. I hope no one comes into his little control room when he's got his shoes off. The man would wear the same pair of nylon dress socks for weeks, and laugh when people commented on the cheesy aroma.

June 4, 2012 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  10. GI Joe

We're not racist – we don't despise him because he's black. We despise him because he's a womanizing idiot and a liar.

June 4, 2012 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  11. Me IN HOUSTON

Matt

chumlee

Cain. Just.Go.Away. You are an insult to women and humanity
    ==============================================================================
    I am a Black Man in Houston Texas.
    I don't hate Herman Cain because he is Black.
    I don't hate him because he Republican

I hate him because is proudly AND willfully ignorant.
    I hate him because he is a stooge for the Koch brothers
    I hate him because he was woefully prepared for the campaign and the office of POTUS
    I hate Herman Cain because he is an anti-intellectual.
    I hate Herman Cain because he made Black people look bad

June 4, 2012 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  12. herm cain rocks

and here we go again...

cuz herm does ROCK, baby!

June 4, 2012 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  13. the kat

Affiirmative action again at work. lol

June 4, 2012 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  14. Ashley from Ohio

My radio dial don't go up as far as 9-9-9 . . .

June 4, 2012 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  15. learntoread

Herm and Fox...suppose Trump will be his first guest... What a world... Feed the Rich, Tax the Poor!

June 4, 2012 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  16. mark

----------------------------------------------–
    So you are attempting to use race intimidation to prevent us from having an opinion of his views because he is black? you think he gets a free pass? forget it – I cant stand his positions and think he's an idiot.

June 4, 2012 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  17. Larry L

He should try to get Oreos to sponsor him...

June 4, 2012 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  18. vp

For real?

He wouldn't know Common Sense if it bit him in the foot.

June 4, 2012 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  19. Willie B

Herman is just one more uncle Tom the Republicans put out there to sell out their own people and counter Obama with a black face. Herman, Michael Steel and Clarence Thomas can go fetch water for the good old boys at the next Klan rally. Sellouts!!

June 4, 2012 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  20. Matt

Me IN HOUSTON

Matt

chumlee

Cain. Just.Go.Away. You are an insult to women and humanity
    ==============================================================================
    I am a Black Man in Houston Texas.
    I don't hate Herman Cain because he is Black.
    I don't hate him because he Republican

I hate him because is proudly AND willfully ignorant.
    I hate him because he is a stooge for the Koch brothers
    I hate Herman Cain because he is an anti-intellectual.
    I hate Herman Cain because he made Black people look bad
    ******************************************************************************
    WOW....you are a RACIST and a hater at that!

June 4, 2012 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  21. Matt

Larry L

He should try to get Oreos to sponsor him...
    *****************************************************************
    Dang, now if your comment doesn't spell RACIST, I don't know what does. Why do you hate black people?

June 4, 2012 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  22. tumbleweed

They tried, but Mounds and Almond Joy beat them to it.

June 4, 2012 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  23. tumbleweed

Larry L

He should try to get Oreos to sponsor him...

They tried, but Mounds and Almond Joy beat them to it.

June 4, 2012 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  24. GOP = Greed Over People

Newt uses the campaign to pay for his book tour and now Cain uses it to get a radio gig.

How very republican.

June 4, 2012 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  25. ted

I think he should get Sarah Palin to work with him and they can be a duo with absolutely no brains or common sense between two people. Why can't these jokers like Cain take their millions and just go away? Why do they think they are special? No one but Republicans like these idiots and that ain't saying much. What was his plan to save the world – 666 or 999 or what was that forgettable bs? Never had a grandfathers pizza so I cannot comment on how cardboardy it really is. go away DB

June 4, 2012 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |