Clinton and Obama hit up the Big Apple
June 4th, 2012

Clinton and Obama hit up the Big Apple

(CNN) – Former President Bill Clinton is lending some fund-raising help to President Barack Obama on Monday, in the form of three events in New York.

They are scheduled to attend a reception at a private residence with approximately 50 people who each paid $40,000, according to a campaign official.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

A gala at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel will follow, featuring a performance by musician Jon Bon Jovi. Tickets started $2,500 for the 500 guests.

Obama will then deliver remarks at a concert at The New Amsterdam Theater enjoyed by 1,700 people. Nina Arianda, Kerry Butler, Norbet Leo Butz, Bobby Cannavale, Stockard Channing, Chuck Cooper, Neil Patrick Harris, Meagn Hilty, Cheyenne Jackson, James Earl Jones, Tony Kushner, Angela Lansbury, Patti LuPone, Audra McDonald, Hattienne Park, Mandy Patinkin, Patrick Wilson and Jeffrey Wright are slated to perform. Tickets for the event started at $250 per person.

Three contest winners and their guests will also be in attendance at the gala and concert and will have an opportunity to meet privately with Obama and Clinton at the gala.

Proceeds from Monday's events will benefit the Obama Victory fund, a joint fundraising committee of Obama for America, the Democratic National Committee and several state Democratic parties.

– CNN Political Editor Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report.

Filed under: 2012 • Bill Clinton • Fundraising • New York • President Obama
  1. Little Jimmy Truth

Look at Obama!!! Where's his smile?

June 4, 2012 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  2. King

We've got to fight Republican stand on killing Government, and give corporations the will to rule America and yje world unabated. Mitten bane firm killed manufafuring jobs and send the left over to China, to use cheap labor substitutite them for retail jobs like staples, which cannot create branch off jobs like manufacturing jobs does.. thgullibles are allowing corporations to gamble with American future, which success rate is 10 to one. We need Obama and a Congress which will not obstruct to modernize America infrastructure, and put millions to work.

June 4, 2012 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  3. POSTERSAREPOSERS

@kING

Whatever your on I want some...

June 4, 2012 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  4. yolanda

@King is, unfortunately, one of the more literate of the pro-Obama posters. And yes, it appears that he hasn't read about the side effects from taking bath salts.....

June 4, 2012 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  5. Marie MD

To the teapublikan haters, your bishop was in las Vegas with the lunatic from NY trying to get money for his campaign.
    BTW shouldn't the bishop get somebody from MA and NOT UT for what he thinks is going to be his home away from the car elevator mansion after novembef and he doesn't get elected?

June 4, 2012 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  6. King

I am on not going back to the days where the stock markets held our future in their hands. I am for government intervention to make sure big corporations does not gamble with the risk of allienating millions of American workers for. Profit in China. Government s of the people for the people. Corporations is for their shareh lesson if my celolders maximizing profit at the lowest cost possible, this means computer systems robot and Chinese slave workers. Lesson if i had a big enough cell phone that my finger tips can fit on the letters i probably will write a Little better.

June 4, 2012 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  7. Wake up people

Actually republicans are the ones that support less education, and most that post here definitely show it.

Remember Santorum said it best.....Education is for the elitists.

OBAMA 2012!

June 4, 2012 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  8. Expat American

Yolanda – tone down your negativity. Not everyone is a millionaire like you.

June 4, 2012 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  9. Matt

@King.....You are a perfect example of one who lives off the government teat. I would bet my last dime you don't pay any federal income taxes. Nope, just continue to suck the system.

June 4, 2012 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  10. mturn1

The Stakes are High and getting Higher. This is a classic David vs Goliath; Where you have Huge Corporations and massive amounts of revenue attempting to gain a foot hold against the small, the disenchanted, the least of us. The Republician Business Model is BROKEN. The theory is that you give the Wealthy a tax break and they will in turn create jobs. THEREIN LIES THE RUB; Given a tax break the WEALTHY do create Jobs; OVERSEAS! ….It‘s called OUTSOURCING. “Apple Computers” is the Model for success (published report of 100 billion dollars in profit). Why would a corporation OutSource?
    a. Take advantage of cheap labor markets
    b. No pension or training plans for employees
    c. No Labor Unions for employees
    d. No Medicals Plans for employees
    e. No laws regulating pollution
    In short, it is the dream scenario for Wealthy Investors. Who Suffers? The American People! Because There is no money to support the infrastructure (Police, emergency services, school teachers, maintaining public buildings, roads, bridges, garbage disposal, etc.) Do yourselves, and the country a favor. VOTE FOR Obama. I don’t agree with ALL OF HIS POLICIES, but he is concerned about the masses.

June 4, 2012 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  11. King

Yolanda I wonder how smart you'll be when the repubs take away labor unions, and bring our American wages down to China and India level. I wonder how your educated but will feel when you have to compete with a.more educated Chinese labor, who can bring their wages even cheaper just to take American jobs from your gullible butt.

June 4, 2012 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  12. Obama 2012 - BEND Forward America, take another 4 long years of FAILURE

All money wasted..... Obama is heading back to Chicago in January with all of his corrupt lackeys. The American people have seen and heard enough of this incompetent class warfare economy wrecker.

June 4, 2012 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  13. Cathy

"who each paid $40,000"......One would think these filthy rich Democrats would spend this money in other ways such as helping some poor people that are in need and don't know where they are going to get money to buy their next meal. Bunch of selfish hypocrites........ Democrats.

June 4, 2012 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  14. Joan

This is good. Now perhaps Pres. Clinton can set the media and Republicans straight about his comments during the Piers Morgan program. I listened to that whole show and he said very, very positive things about Pres. Obama and was very supportive. Those clips were not reshown on the 24/7 news cycle which isn't surprising.. However, a cherry picked statement which said that Romney was a very good business man at his job at Bain and made a lot of money for the rich (which is true) was played ad nauseum without the follow-up statements about that not being enough to be president and that Pres. Obama's policies were better for the country. Very disappointing, one-sided coverage. It appears that now that Pres. Clinton has gotten to really know Pres. Obama, they have a mutual respect for each other. Hilary Clinton and Pres. Obama seem to be good friends now and work extremely well together. I think that both Pres. Obama and Pres. Clinton are very intelligent, capable, far sighted men who have the best interests of all of Americans. It is too bad that they are both probably too smart for many people.

June 4, 2012 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  15. Expat American

Joan , spot on to your well written post.

June 4, 2012 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  16. Obama 2012 - BEND Forward America, take another 4 long years of FAILURE

Joan - It is too bad that they are both probably too smart for many people.
    ======================================================
    Yeha.... we should all just smarten up and let make all of our life decisions. Because we all know that the leftist progressives know far better what is best for us and we should just open wide and swallow.

June 4, 2012 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  17. yolanda

Ah @King, your anger and energy would be better directed at producing something of value, rather than wasting your venom on someone who disagrees w/ your world view. Btw, it is spelled "butt", not "but".

June 4, 2012 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  18. King

Matt first of all I've been to Iraq 3 times so that guys like you can sleep piecefully at night. Yes I was homeless for a while and now I am working. For myself. Guys like you are like mitt Romney sons always complaining buy doesn't know what it is to be patriotic, even if I got a little niy from the government believe I've payed my share Matt"

June 4, 2012 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  19. non issue

Cathy, I guess you could say the Koch's and the Donald could show some love with the American people too.

June 4, 2012 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  20. Matt

King

*****************************************************************************
    You should never 'ass-ume' that only you have served your country.

June 4, 2012 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  21. Internet Child

@king So you've visited Iraq 3 times, big deal.

June 4, 2012 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  22. Cathy

non issue

******************************************************************************************************************************
    Here's the BIG difference and it's a VERY BIG difference. I don't hear folks like the Koch's and 'The Donald' condemn the wealthy and preach that we should "share the wealth", slam the wealthy then turn around and dine with them and not feel the least bit guilty that it cost $40,000.00 per person. Like I said, this $40,000.00 these hypocrites are spending would be better spent helping the needy.

June 4, 2012 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  23. 100% ETHIO

Is it called soft or hard Money?
    Why they are going for Lunch for that much?
    George Washington never did this, to become President.

Anyhow, I don't care how much Money you raised, to raise your voice, it does not convince me, who I am going to vote for. I will vote, based on track record, the person who could have a Mental ability to lead America, Americans and the World.

Remember, when you become American President, you...are also responsible for the World. Since there are no other computator or computer.

June 4, 2012 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |