Romney sweeps 5 primaries; redistricting shakes up Congressional races
June 6th, 2012

Romney sweeps 5 primaries; redistricting shakes up Congressional races

Washington (CNN) – Presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney picked up more ammo in his quest for the White House, sweeping primaries in Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Dakota and California on Tuesday night.

Though he had already won enough delegates - 1,144 - to clinch the Republican presidential nomination by last week, Romney technically remains the presumptive nominee until the party's convention in August.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • California • Mitt Romney • Montana • New Jersey • New Mexico • South Dakota
  1. Anonymous

So, we have a choice. Obama, or Obama lite. I will vote for Mitt because of the poor job Obama has done so far, but I don't think Mitt will do veary good eather. Why must we pick one of these losers?

June 6, 2012 06:05 am at 6:05 am |
  2. Marie MD

Sweeps primaries? CNN get a hold of yourself. Of course he swept the primaries. HE IS THE ONE RUNNING!!!
    I would be more interested in how many came out to vote. It doesn't seem that the rethugs are into the limp one.

June 6, 2012 06:38 am at 6:38 am |
  3. Gurgyl

No one is in election, newt, ron, santorun all gone...so this is the only guy left!!!shame on party on no...

June 6, 2012 06:57 am at 6:57 am |
  4. T'sah from Virginia

Why doesn't CNN discuss the LOW turnouts? Also, all of the primaries could have been summed up into one Ticker. This praise for a DEAD STORY, because Romney has already clinched the nomination, is annoying!! I would win all of my races too if NO ONE was running against me... Jeez!

Obama 2012 because it's The Only Trusted Way Forward and it must take place because the "Fierce Urgency of NOW!!!"

June 6, 2012 06:57 am at 6:57 am |
  5. s

What a stupid comment, Sweeps, DUH he is only one running, still pretty said that people hate Romney so much they are voting for Santorum and paul still. romney is a looser for sure, he screwed up MASS and then left with his computers. I live in Mass and know what a liar he is.

June 6, 2012 07:11 am at 7:11 am |