Romney leaves note for reporters
June 16th, 2012

Romney leaves note for reporters

Weatherly, Pennsylvania (CNN) - Mitt Romney, known as a fan and perpetrator of practical jokes, left a note for reporters covering his multi-state bus tour on Saturday.

"You guys have it way too soft – nice ride," he wrote, while the press corps were preparing to cover his Weatherly, Pennsylvania stop.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

The 40-passenger press bus, which trails the presumptive GOP presidential nominee's logo-emblazoned bus, has plush black leather seats - plus the electricity and internet access reporters need to do their jobs. But reporters on the bus are packed tightly, like sardines in a can, and every seat is full.

"P.S.," he added after his signature, "erased your hard drives."

Also see:

No mention of Romney as Palin serves up anti-Obama red meat

Back in the spotlight, Cain invokes rabble-rousing routine

Romney bus tour's immigration detour

Unemployment leads Obama, GOP weekly addresses

Filed under: Mitt Romney • Pennsylvania
  1. EddyL

What a joker... he should be doing standup in Peoria.

June 16, 2012 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  2. Sandy

Wow, is this guy jerk or what? And he just reminded the press about his erasing his hard drives on his way out while he was governor. I hope they are smart enough to go after that story.

June 16, 2012 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  3. Namejkane fl SEND THE THREE TIME LOSER romney HOME AND MAKE IT FOUR.

He did the same think while the one term failed gov. Of mass ,so there would be no record of his theft from the state , and big dig gravy train for state politicans of the time .

June 16, 2012 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  4. G

June 16, 2012 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  5. DJ

They know the inside joke to this, humor is needed on long road trips.

June 16, 2012 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  6. Freeb

He has absolutely NO idea of what is funny, and what is an insult. This clown can never govern, anywhere, unless it's the Cayman Isles.

June 16, 2012 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  7. Mitt

Coward! Don't ask me anything! Because I don't have the answers M.R.
    OBAMA 2012

June 16, 2012 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  8. vic , nashville ,tn

@Sandy that is his practice
    Amnesia Romney erases everything from his brain

June 16, 2012 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  9. Gambi

I appreciate the man's sense of humor on this one and I'm sure the press did too. Lighten up people he may not be my candidate of choice but must we attack everthing. Although I do agree with the comment about Romney leaving a note for the American people on just how he does plans to make this country better.

June 16, 2012 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  10. Smart Human

He's just a wealthy prep school prankster. Lifetime of privilege.

June 16, 2012 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  11. Yonni

Just like he did when he left Massachusetts state house, remember he took the entire computer and the hard drive with him to hide his official dealings as a governor. This is not just a joke or a prank it says something about the man he likes erasing things including his head hard drive/memory and start over again every single day, sometimes within minutes difference (remember republican debate "Rick, I don't think I've ever hired an illegal in my life” and a minute later he had illegals worked for him ““I’m running for office, for Pete’s sake, I can’t have illegals. …”) . Hard to know who is the real Romney?

June 16, 2012 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  12. Tony

Romney knows about erasing records. Facts and records have a liberal bias.

June 16, 2012 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  13. griffbos

G good luck on ever seeing that note, if Romney ever learned one thing as Governor, never tell where you stand and what yuo plan

June 16, 2012 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  14. Bren

Watch the polls in the next few weeks as millions of US citizens are made aware that Obama just gave the authority/ability for millions of illegals to take US jobs!! Obama ended his campaign/chances for reelection on Friday-when he showed his support for millions of illegals-over the rights/opportunities of US citizens!!

June 16, 2012 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  15. OBAMAROCKS

This guy Mitt is a serious JOKE! Why would America want a prankster as president of this great nation?! He will embarrass us greatly to other countries! ...This INDEPENDENT voter is sticking with our current SMART president–PRESIDENT OBAMA! :)

June 16, 2012 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  16. eddhur

Romney will be far better than what we have now

June 16, 2012 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  17. SafeJourney

When romney left after one term as Gov of Mass, he stole all the computers in Gov admin offices and staff offices

June 16, 2012 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  18. Darryl

Oh yea, erase your hard drives...lol...lol....and lets do backroom deals and not tell the truth to the american people what we are really going to do when I'm President.Lets hide as much as we can and make them think the middle class and the latins are going to benefit if I'm elected.Then they can pay for the wars and pay for the debt and I'll give Wallstreet free rein and the Banks the same so they can really make Huge amounts of money and be so proud of me and elect me for my second term when it's time.Help me HIDE everything because I deserve to be POTUS!! I DESERVE It.

June 16, 2012 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  19. RS, CA

Great sense of humor, President Romney! Love it.

June 16, 2012 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  20. lreed580

I don't know who sounds more desperate, Romney for pulling this stunt, or the press for reporting it.

June 16, 2012 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  21. Jules

Trying hard to be a regular guy. Just looks lame. And I heartily agree with G. A Note to America is called for with detailed plans that match his broad statements. We'd like to know what's up, Mitt.

June 16, 2012 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  22. Claudia, Houston, Tx

WAKEUP PEOPLE: Romney's plan is the "Paul Ryan Budget" that's why he's not giving you a plan, that's why Romney believes a business man is better to run this country because the Paul Ryan Budget will place Americans on Wall Street as a commodity for sale to the highest bidder in the World market. Remember Romney already said "Corporations are People" and Corporations are on Wall Street.

June 16, 2012 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  23. Are you kidding me?

He is the joke.

June 16, 2012 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  24. John

Romney need to go to China and bring all the JOBS he sent there BACK. He couldn't even ran the State of MASS. and you expect him to run this Country. The American People was smart enough three other time and didn't vote for Romney, so let make It four time and sent the Idiot packing again.

June 16, 2012 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  25. TNPatriot

G .."Romney needs to leave America a note explaining his plans to make the country better."

He can't leave such a note. He doesn't actually have any plans yet ...maybe he's waiting for Caribou Barbie to make them up.

June 16, 2012 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |