Justices' finances show overseas travel, book royalties, gifts
June 20th, 2012

Justices' finances show overseas travel, book royalties, gifts

Washington (CNN) - From five continents to nearly three dozen states, the justices of the Supreme Court remain busy travelers, and relatively well off financially.

Eight of the nine members of the high court released their annual financial disclosure forms Wednesday, showing book income for Justices Antonin Scalia and Stephen Breyer, and some unusual gifts to Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Supreme Court
  1. Pete

Get rid of these judicial bums,they don't have our country in their best interests,only taking care of themselves in their declining years.There should be an age limit imposed,like not over 60,we need judges who aren't senile ,like the ones that approved CITIZENS UNITED,they should be tarred and feathered for the problems they started.I just hope they don't sleep till they leave this judicial position,that's my curse I put on those nitwits,they deserve it,all of them!!!

June 20, 2012 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  2. g

looks like justice can be bought ,just like elections –give up middle class you have lost

June 20, 2012 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  3. Gonzoinhouston

I used to have a lot more respect for the Court.

June 20, 2012 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  4. ThinkAgain

"Thomas updated the income on an amended disclosure form, and said the lapse was inadvertent."

If you're too dim to know that you have to report your wife's income on a joint tax statement, then you shouldn't be on the bench.

Impeach Thomas now!

June 20, 2012 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  5. Claudia, Houston, Tx

I find this to be so unjust because employers don't allow their employees to receive gratuities, they consider taking gifts, etc. puts you in a position of compromise.

June 20, 2012 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  6. g

your health insurance companies money at work–wink-wink-wink

June 20, 2012 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  7. Namejkane fl SEND THE THREE TIME LOSER romney HOME AND MAKE IT FOUR.

I hope they didn't get any gifts from the super pacs they let lose on the American people ??????

June 20, 2012 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  8. Gurgyl

Is this the fate of these guys!!!!shame. Corruption in SC, nonsense. God does not like it. Listen, in legal field, if you are corrupt–your progeny gets affected. You do not have even home to live–this is long standing due will occur. True. I saw with my eyes. Do justice to profession, money comes and goes–honesty lasts for ever. Family flourish.

June 20, 2012 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  9. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

If only the justices could be clear as to where they stand on certain issues, we'd have a better idea of where the court really stands. I don't like the hact that Thomas' wife is active among the tea people; he stated that they share ideas and are influencing each other. That troubles me that a member of the court is influenced by a suspect political movement.

June 20, 2012 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |