Supreme Court to release rulings on health care (and everything else) Thursday
June 25th, 2012

Supreme Court to release rulings on health care (and everything else) Thursday

(CNN) - The Supreme Court will release Thursday all of its remaining rulings, including one on the constitutionality of the Obama administration's health care law.

Filed under: Health care • Supreme Court
  1. GROVER NORQUIST IS A ENEMY OF THE STATE/ConservaFASCISTS

The SCOTUS needs to revisit their controversial campaign finance ruling. I know it must be such an embarassment to them to see how elections are being bought. SHAME ON YOU SCOTUS!!!

June 25, 2012 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  2. Harry From Pa

Thursday.... I believe these justices know the atmosphere on the healthcare debate and are wise beyond measure, I mean I guess you would have to to hold such a position. After reading and article a couple days ago, I am thinking the Justices might not see an issue with healthcare because they law itself will not be in-acted till 2014. I think regarding mandates they have to be careful on future laws that could prohibit their abilities and the legislatures ability to create laws regarding healthcare. The argument that one day you will use Medicare is valid, kind of like car insurance, hey you might not need it but one day someone just might hit you. Better to be safe than sorry right?

June 25, 2012 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  3. Critical Thinking

It will come down to one simple question; Does the Federal Government, who works for the citizens of The United Staes of America, have the constitutional authority to require it's citizens to purchase a selected product or service? The answer I believe is no. In as much as it might make business sense, we are a country who has individual freedoms and the Federal Government, no matter how well intended, can not strip that way for what they considered to be the greater good. In order to do that, there would be required a constitutional amendment. That will not happen.

June 25, 2012 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  4. Obama 2012 - BEND Forward America, take another 4 long years of OBAMA FAILURE

Thursday is a very big day in the history of this country. It will be the day that the People find out whether they are simply government slaves or indeed FREE People as we were when this country was founded.

June 25, 2012 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  5. Gurgyl

This healthcare law is a dire need of USA. Nothing unconstitutional of this law. Obama12.

June 25, 2012 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  6. Gurgyl

This healthcare law is America's dire need.

June 25, 2012 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  7. judy

are insurance companys people? according to the supreme court they are. So tell me how this ultra conservitive majority of judges will vote?? Something stinks here. While the repos won/t be gloating if affordable health care is struck down ,niether will they be coming up with answers to cover the millions of young people that will no longer be covered. The repos did a great job of making people think that health care was a bad thing. To bad so many people fell for it. Most people will beniefit from this program. Forward 2012

June 25, 2012 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  8. Obama 2012 - BEND Forward America, take another 4 long years of OBAMA FAILURE

There was a very SIMPLE way for the Democrats to implement Obamacare CONSTITUTIONALLY and that was by TAXING people. They KNEW that was the only constitutionally sound way to fund their massive new government entitlement program. Yet they refused to do that because they could NOT get enough votes to pass it.

As usual, Obamacare was the Democrats trying to make an end run around the Constitution and they will pay the price. I know all the leftists in here would rather we just abolish the Supreme Court and replace it with a Supreme Leader like they have in North Korea.

June 25, 2012 11:42 am at 11:42 am |
  9. miracle1

What will happen if it is unconstitional, many people will suffer and continue to get minimal care because they have no money. Are the rep. coming out with a better plan for the people. I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!! THEY ARE THE PARTY OF THE 1PERCENTERS, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE 99 PERCENTERS.

June 25, 2012 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  10. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

It should be upheld because there is so much connected to many different states. That makes it a part of inter-state commerce. I don't want my tax dollars paying for some moron who can afford health insurance but doesn't just want to. Hospitals need help paying charity care, but with more people able to get some level of insurance, it might reduce that problem.

June 25, 2012 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  11. Harry From Pa

A lot of these arguments might be good honest opinions, but if some of these opinions, if that is the case why do I have to pay social security on my paycheck? I might never get to use it..... I seen an argument early about you can't make someone purchase something blah blah blah..... Well I have to pay for something that I might never get to use at all. I don't get the logic of people wanting to get rid of healthcare but they rely on medicare... They support the rich yet barely are making ends meet. I mean come on people, wake up.....

June 25, 2012 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  12. Claudia, Houston, Tx

To strike down the healthcare bill is the means of supporting Paul Ryan's Budget Plan that all Republicans have signed onto and trust me people Ryan's budget plan isn't about you, it's about big Business and Wall Street.

June 25, 2012 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  13. Obama 2012 - BEND Forward America, take another 4 long years of OBAMA FAILURE

Harry From Pa - A lot of these arguments might be good honest opinions, but if some of these opinions, if that is the case why do I have to pay social security on my paycheck? I might never get to use it.....
    ============================================================================================
    I already answered your question. Social security is a TAX and a government CAN impose taxes, not a requirement to buy a product from a private insurance company. Democrats tried to obfuscate and play their usual smoke and mirror show to circumvent the Constitution and will be slapped down because of it. Do it LEGALLY or don't do it at all.

June 25, 2012 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |