June 28th, 2012

What the health care ruling means to you

(CNN) – The Supreme Court's decision Thursday to uphold the Affordable Care Act means that the predictions about how it will affect all Americans remain in place.

Here are some highlights:

FULL STORY

Filed under: Health care • Supreme Court
  1. Claudia, Houston, Tx

It's one thing for sure the Justices didn't find anything pertaining to "Death Panels and killing Grandma". LOL

June 28, 2012 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  2. Michael B.

Here's what it means – the government is forcing me to pay for insurance, but I guess it's okay to tell us what to do. It's America, land of the free.... oh wait, only partly free, because I am being forced by the government.

June 28, 2012 11:14 am at 11:14 am |
  3. Michael B.

Do people even realize the amount of jobs lost because of this STUPID healthcare law?

June 28, 2012 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  4. Julie

Obamacare is now nothing more than another social program paid for with tax dollars.

June 28, 2012 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  5. Michael B.

Thank you, soldiers of War and defenders of Freedom. Everything you have fought for has brought us ... the government finding it constitutional to force us to buy something from PRIVATE COMPANIES or be TAXED. What a slap in the face to everyone who has died protecting and upholding Americas freedoms. If Obama is reelected, what will he pass next, only one child per family?

June 28, 2012 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  6. Name

Does not effect me at all. I already have insurance. This allows those that don't have insurance get it.

June 28, 2012 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  7. gurgyl

............................means a lot, I know, ten years, I was without healthcare, eating only Vegetables, rice, sour cream, etc, doing excercise, o.k, I know, I pray god none of the American poor should suffer like me...god bless you, Obama12.

June 28, 2012 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  8. Severely Moderate

How can someone think of replacing Obamacare with Romneycare?

June 28, 2012 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  9. California

The middle class just had their taxes raised. THANKS HUSSEIN.

Freedom died a little more today.

June 28, 2012 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  10. Sandy

It means my 23 year old son stays on my health insurance at no extra cost! If he was knocked off our insurance, we would be paying an extra $500 per month. This law saves my family $500 month! Oh, and our premiums only went up $50 this past year, which is a far cry from almost doubling in previous years. OBAMACARE SAVES MONEY!

June 28, 2012 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  11. scarf

When the government made it illegal to let an uninsured, critically ill patient die for lack of medical care in the ER, EVERYONE became part of the medical insurance market, even if they never bought any or used any. Those uninsured patients were having their medical care paid for by people with insurance and taxpayers. Only if those uninsured patients are legally allowed to die can you claiim this law forces you participate in a market against your will. How many of you uninsured people are willing to let the ER doctor let you die?

June 28, 2012 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  12. Luke

What's the point of having lawyers make oral arguments & all the pomp and circumstance, if the justices can reinterpret a parties argument to make it a "winner"? Regardless of whether or not one supports this law, it is deeply concerning. We have a federal government that, if all three branches work together, can completely insulate itself from the will of the citizens.

June 28, 2012 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  13. egru

My 25 year old daughter lost a job, a home and declared bankruptcy because of cancer and no insurance. Anyone who opposes ObamaCare have any suggestions for her? Of course, no insurance company would take her BECAUSE she was sick...

June 28, 2012 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  14. once upon a horse

gosh I just LOVE the sour grapes from the right. I guess they have no problem paying for someone else's healthcare which is what the tax dollars would do for those who chose not to have it. I have good healthcare, I pay for it and proud of it. The government also makes me wear a seatbelt have have house and auto insurance too.

June 28, 2012 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  15. jean2009

Now everyone will be able to afford their own insurance... instead of me paying a higher premium because they choose to be free riders..or they truly couldn't afford health coverage..
    Now the working poor will be able to afford health coverage.
    Now those with preexisting conditions will not be denied coverage.
    Now people will not lose their coverage when they get seriously ill.
    Now people with serious illness will not be bumped off their coverage due to reaching a ceiling.
    Finally a law that truly helps Americans...the 99%.
    Finally an end to the real "death panels".
    Finally an end to bankruptcy due to uninsured illness.
    Finally a decision that SCOTUS could not be partisan about...because the law was well written.
    Thank you President Obama for doing what no president since 1905 has been able to do!

June 28, 2012 11:47 am at 11:47 am |
  16. sammieb51

I have insurance - maybe my rates will go down if all the uninsured folks quit running to the ER with a cold and then walking on the bill..... Oh yes, we don't want the government mandating anything, let's be free to dump our medical expenses on our fellow citizens!! Thanks but NO THANKS. Hurrah for Obama for seeing the writing on the wall and taking some action. Now the GOP can whine about this until God Knows When!!

June 28, 2012 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  17. James

Wow a lot of people upset that 30 million Americans now have to have health insurance. Oh and what jobs r gone? During the debate republicans said this law would destroy employee health insurance plans and after they looked silly for saying it republicans now say it costs jobs. What's costing jobs is a lack of spending not obamacare. Educate yourselves we need spending in infrastructure and innovation after all every new technology was originally created by government loans and tax money.

June 28, 2012 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  18. Ohio

Are you kidding me? Wake up America! The government should not be telling any individual how to live their life; what to pay for, what to buy, what to eat, and etc. This is NOT A GOOD THING for anyone – just wait and see, the REAL end results. Those who think they will be getting something free – won't, and those who have to pay will end up paying more. The medical field has just been even another way to DOUBLE DIP and the government will continue to take more money from everyone's paycheck.

June 28, 2012 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  19. Nelson Colorado Springs Co.

Good Job Supreme Court's on the decision Thursday to uphold the Affordable Care Act or President Obama Care for all American. This change nothing for me.

June 28, 2012 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  20. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

It means that when my children get older, I won't have to worry about them needing health insurance until they get a job that provides it (or has a job that pays well enough that they can afford it in a health exchange).

June 28, 2012 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  21. Ray E. (Georgia)

I was extremely disturbed what Medicare passed. Of course then we didn't have a 16 Trillion Dollar Federal debt. Today we do. I suspect the looming disaster has been moved up a few notchs. This was victory for who? Maybe the freeloaders.

June 28, 2012 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  22. What matters most

Do not VOTE for Obama, again! If you do, you will be destroying what Freedom is still left in America. He is only out for himself not for the country. I can't believe how he has managed to fool so many actors in Hollywood. I guess they don't know a BAD act when they see one. Sigh!!!

June 28, 2012 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  23. Oh so Wrong

"What matters most" I agree with your statement! WAKE-UP AMERICAS!!!!

June 28, 2012 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  24. Liam

It means we are now paying for someone elses healthcare. Thats what it means. We are now in one big pool with everyone (people just like our government who do not have personal budgets or planning) and costs are skyrocketing.

June 28, 2012 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  25. Strong willed

Hey, Ohio! You are right on!

June 28, 2012 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |