Republicans launch blitz against health care law
June 29th, 2012

Republicans launch blitz against health care law

Washington (CNN) - Republicans launched a blistering attack Friday on the health care reform law upheld by the Supreme Court, seeking to rally their base's opposition to the measure to bolster their fortunes in the November election.

Using the court's finding that the centerpiece of the law - the individual mandate - amounted to a legal exercise of congressional taxing power, GOP leaders accused President Barack Obama and Democrats of deceiving the nation about the Affordable Care Act during debate on the measure in 2009 and 2010.

FULL STORY

Filed under: GOP • Health care • Mitt Romney
  1. Anonymous

Let's see, doctors say the new healthcare law is goiing to help them treat their patients better, hospitals say it is going to help themcut costs, and most importantly, once the American people find out how it really helps them instead of listening to the GOP propaganda machine where they lie about it to get votes, the people are going to like it, too. Remember that 85% of MA residents like their healthcare system and Obamacare was based on that model. The GOP is walking on dangerous ground. They would be much better off working on jobs.

June 29, 2012 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  2. CB FL

I wonder if the TAN MAN enjoyes the crow he will be eating in Nov.

June 29, 2012 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  3. Vote the Tea Party OUT in 2012

the endless right wing boo-hooing is just getting funnier by the day. They don't care about people with pre-existing healthcare issues, they don't care that people like myself can keep their kids going away to college on their healthcare plans, all they care about is Obama getting a possible win in a court they swore up and down would rule in their favor. Well when those rebate checks from insurance compaines start showing up in Aug I am sure they will mail them right back.

June 29, 2012 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  4. kayla

maybe if the right wing nuts had to pay for their own health insurance, they would not behave the way they do, but because we pay for their health insurance they are blinded by it.

June 29, 2012 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  5. Governor 47th in Job Creation (excluding jobs off-shored to China)

While they gear up their lie campaign, it's worth noting that they all of a sudden care about a new 1%. The 1% who are free-riders and don't want to take on their personal responsibility. I expect them to go right after Willard and condemn his Romneycare first and foremost. Shame Willard, shame.

June 29, 2012 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  6. Independent

@Four and the Door, you don't speak for all independents. I fully support AHC and President Obama. In fact I was part of a survey group that supported eliminating copays for mammogram screening, colon cancer screeing and other diseases that can be prevented or treated with sucess if discovered early. I have health insurance that I pay for but I also think everyone should have the same chance that I do to to take care of their health.

June 29, 2012 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  7. Tony Z

Obama cares about the American people. I think folks need to look at the provisions that will be implemented to improve care and lower cost. I want to hear Republicans tell me what parts they don't agree with. Sarah Palin calls them Death Panels which is a cost saving panel for the entire program. The Death Panels are already setup by the insurance companies- hence claimed denied or no referral.

June 29, 2012 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |