Biden to watch fireworks in Pennsylvania
July 3rd, 2012

Biden to watch fireworks in Pennsylvania

(CNN) - Vice President Joe Biden will spend the night before Independence Day in his hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania, for a campaign reception and fireworks celebration, the Obama campaign said.

Biden will meet with labor leaders and local elected officials in nearby Pittston, Pennsylvania on Tuesday afternoon, a campaign official said.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

In the evening, he is to attend and speak at the fireworks celebration in Scranton.

The CNN Electoral Map shows Pennsylvania leaning in President Barack Obama's favor.

Obama spends Tuesday at the Camp David presidential retreat with his family, the White House said, and presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney is vacationing with his family in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. 2020

Joe comes home to his roots! welcome home, buddy

July 3, 2012 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  2. Rudy NYC

I have loved fireworks ever since I got my first goose bumps when I was kid. Our local July 4th show has suffered from budget cuts over the years and is funded mostly through private donations. The local municipality provides extra police, but nothing towards the mortars. The shows are not as grand, and I'm not saying that because I was awe struck as a kid. I know if I were a multi-billionaire, I know where I would be making a donation every year, the fireworks show.

July 3, 2012 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  3. Tyler

Welcome home, Joe! We've missed you.

July 3, 2012 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  4. Claudia, Houston, Tx

I too love fireworks and when I was a kid living in Ohio, when they were displayed I could sit on my front porch and watch them. We currently live in the county and can buy fireworks, I have taught my grandson to love them also and his mother always says "that's something you and your crazy granny love", which means he will always have the memories when I'm long gone.

July 3, 2012 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  5. NVa Native

Joe is a real American – nothing fake about him. And yea, he's not perfect and neither are any of us.

July 3, 2012 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  6. truth hurts

Crazy Joe meeting with his union masters again? Come on Joe, branch out. The vast majority of Americans and taxpayers, are NOT union members. Try representing THEM once in a while please.

July 3, 2012 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  7. rla

Look T the t smile- he is taking a lot of people and he knows it!

July 3, 2012 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  8. Liberalism is what's wrong with America

Rudy NYC "I know if I were a multi-billionaire, I know where I would be making a donation every year, the fireworks show."

Typical liberal searching for money from a rich person for their own personal enjoyment.

July 3, 2012 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  9. truth hurts

Rudy NYC - I know if I were a multi-billionaire, I know where I would be making a donation every year, the fireworks show.
    =========================================================================================
    Easily solved. Cities pass an ordinance REQUIRING attendance at the fireworks and those that do not attend are assessed a tax penalty in order to pay for the fireworks. USSC says it is legal.

July 3, 2012 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  10. Rudy NYC

@truth hurts
    #Liberalism is .....
    ----------
    Believe or not the government already makes you buy stuff and charges you a fine if you do not conform, buy the product, and use it. What do they make you buy? It's called clothing. And, the fine for indecent exposure in public is called a fine not a tax.

When you pay penalties to the IRS, is it called a penalty/fine or a tax? The IRS already has the infrastructure to fine people and to collect from people. Would you be happier had the ACA created a redundant agency to do it? I don't think so.

I wish some of you conservatives could hear how you really sound, arguing for the right to not take responsibility and pay for your own health and well being. The individual mandate was originally a conservative idea.

July 3, 2012 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  11. The Elephant In The Room

No better contrast for "lunch-pail" white voters than auto-industry-saving, Osama- bin-Laden-popping Team Obama with Joe Biden as compared to the Vulture capitalist Mitt Romney and whatever BUSH-era economics croney . . . Portman[?] that romney selects.

July 3, 2012 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  12. BeverlyNC

I love Joe. He is such a statesman with real integrity, character, and leadership qualities. He works for the People. He and President Obama make an outstanding team. I stand with both of them for November. True Americans working hard for the PEOPLE.

July 3, 2012 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |