Political stagecraft doesn't take holidays
July 4th, 2012

Political stagecraft doesn't take holidays

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire (CNN) - Even all-American Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, can use a carefully crafted political set piece.

Ahead of his march down Main Street in Wolfeboro's parade, Mitt Romney's campaign staff parked a black pickup truck - a vehicle they say is the candidate's own.

In February, Romney referenced his truck in Michigan, days before the state's presidential primary. He also managed to reveal his wife Ann owns two Cadillacs, causing some ribbing from his opponents.

"I drive a Mustang and a Chevy pick up truck," Romney said. "Ann drives a couple of Cadillacs actually. And I used to have a Dodge truck so I used to have all three covered. But I want to tell you how much I appreciate this state, this city, this country and I can tell you if I am lucky enough to be president of the United States that Governor Snyder will have a friend and ally in the White House."

CNN's Dana Bash contributed to this report.

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney • New Hampshire
  1. Donkey Party

The level of pandering that Willard Romney sinks to is truly disgusting. There has never been a candidate so unfit for the Presidency. Shame on the GOP and anyone who supports them.

July 4, 2012 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  2. 2020

"Ann drives a couple of Cadillacs actually." – I can only afford bus or subway. What a different world we live, within the same country. It is a reflection of the two people in one country.

July 4, 2012 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  3. sayer

"I got nuthin" –Mitt Romney

July 4, 2012 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  4. Vote the Tea Party OUT in 2012

Lucky that the auto industry didn't go belly up like Mitt had wanted them to otherwise this truck would probably not exist. Thank you President Obama.

July 4, 2012 11:14 am at 11:14 am |
  5. 100 % ETHIO

Ahha! Of course, I do support Republican. But, Mr.Romney didn't choose his word wisely, when he called, "tyranny". This is embarrassing. To whom he said, tyranny? This putting him down. Can I call him, the Mexican .... cartel? Who never paid taxes?

Don't he know, half of the Englishmen supported the independence day, when half doesn't?

Don't he know, the "Stamp Act" or direct taxes are the cause of Civil-War?

Don't he know, the "Boston Tea Party" or the destruction of the tea, 1767-1773 was also the top of the problem?

I hope, he will apologized.

July 4, 2012 11:15 am at 11:15 am |
  6. Vote the Tea Party OUT in 2012

and shouldn't Mitt be attacking Obama over those high gas prices that it's costing him to drive such a truck? Oh wait.........
    NEVER MIND!!

July 4, 2012 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  7. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Gas is down 87 cents a gallon in Ft. Myers in the last 8 weeks. For a holiday week, that is pretty good. Thanks President Obama!

July 4, 2012 11:43 am at 11:43 am |
  8. Teena

If they only have a few cars then WHY do the need an elevator in their garage

July 4, 2012 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  9. Gurgyl

Gas will be down to 1.12. Because we are producing more fuel efficient cars, electric ones., conserving on oil, OPEC go begging...true, obama12.

July 4, 2012 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |