July 10th, 2012

Duckworth: Rep. Walsh's comments 'affect other veterans'

(CNN) – Congressional candidate and veteran Tammy Duckworth said Tuesday on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight" that her opponent, who has charged her military service is "all she talks about," is sending a discouraging message to other veterans.

"I don't mind if he attacks me personally, but when he says a veteran is not a true hero if they speak about their service, he is now discouraging 23 million veterans across this great nation from speaking about their service at a time when young vets coming home need to be talking about the leadership skills they developed in the military," Duckworth said of Rep. Joe Walsh.

Watch Piers Morgan Live weeknights 9 p.m. ET. For the latest from Piers Morgan click here.

Filed under: Congress • Military • TV-Piers Morgan
  1. bcm

Joe Walsh is a loud mouthed bully and I can't imagine why anyone would pay any attention to anything he says!

July 10, 2012 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  2. ANTHONY in CA

Hasn't she learned? It's only okay to do ANYTHING if you are a Republican. Otherwise, EVERYTHING you say or do is going to be attacked by the Right. And trust me, these guys have nO SHAME.
    The things they'll do for power.

July 10, 2012 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  3. Claudia, Houston, Tx

"Affects other Veterans", I'm not a Veteran but have a few choice words I could say to Walsh. Friday I will attend my brothers funeral who was a Veteran, two years ago I buried another brother who was a Vietnam Veteran and if Walsh doesn't think his comments hurt, he has no soul.

July 10, 2012 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  4. realitychecks

Walsh has no respect for anyone. I think he thinks too highly of himself to consider anyone else worthy.

July 10, 2012 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  5. Adam

Joe Walsh and Adam West are the two biggest losers in DC ever.

July 10, 2012 11:34 pm at 11:34 pm |
  6. Thomas

If Tammy Duckworth is not elected . It will show the stupidity of the American voter .

Rep. Joe Walsh needs to move to Florida and help Rick Scott open a wig shop .

July 10, 2012 11:34 pm at 11:34 pm |
  7. enuff

Walsh needs to put his personal affairs in order before he judges anyone else. That includes disparraging those who have served and sacrificed for the rights this country has.

July 11, 2012 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  8. Please Grow Up

Mr. Walsh = Ex-Senator McCarthy.

July 11, 2012 06:00 am at 6:00 am |
  9. T'sah From Virginia

And Duckworth is right – other veterans are outraged and they have family and friends
    These SNOTTY remarks Walsh is running around conveying will force him to his END
    We do not need congress-people like him with "foot-in-mouth" disease and it's not the first time
    He once claimed President Obama was the WORST president in history – THAT should have been the bottom line!!

Walsh will LOSE against Duckworth!!

Obama 2012 – The Only Trusted Way Forward!

July 11, 2012 06:19 am at 6:19 am |
  10. Marie MD

This walsh is a loudmouth non child payment bully.
    If I was him I would quietly go back to whatever it is he was doing that he couldn't or wouldn't take care of his own children and leave politics to those who can do it.
    He has disrespected every veteran who ever served in our Armed Forces. He can't even get the old man's POW story correct. He really thinks the AZ senator has never used his Vietnam history to get votes. Yeah, right!

July 11, 2012 06:21 am at 6:21 am |
  11. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Walsh needs to figure out if he is supportive of the military or not. This attack on Duckworth is silly to put it nicely.

July 11, 2012 07:00 am at 7:00 am |