Obama first fan-in-chief for Olympics
August 1st, 2012

Obama first fan-in-chief for Olympics

Washington (CNN) – As Michael Phelps swam into the history books on Tuesday, becoming the most decorated Olympian of all time, it didn't go unnoticed by the number one fan in the White House.

President Barack Obama tweeted to his 18 million followers:

FULL STORY

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Al-NY,NY

Didn't Michelle Obama say to the press something like "I root for both of them as Americans" unlike Flip who put his stock behind the other swimmer in a clear "unamurkin" statement?

August 1, 2012 08:37 am at 8:37 am |
  2. Stuffit

It would sure be nice if he was a fan of his jobs council or his deficit reduction commission and would act on their recomendations, however the liberally biased press will continue to try to divert voters with this type of nonsencical drivel working in conjunction with their bosses in the DNC and the corrupt unions.

August 1, 2012 08:39 am at 8:39 am |
  3. Rudy NYC

Congrats, kid. Don't let it go to your head again.

August 1, 2012 08:46 am at 8:46 am |
  4. Keeping it Real

Leave it to CNN to make this another campaign moment. The Olympics should not be used politically in any way, yet what do I see? An Obama propaganda ad at least every hour of coverage! How Shameful!

August 1, 2012 08:46 am at 8:46 am |
  5. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Look for Phelps to star in a Mittens' commercial saying, "I did it myself without any help." Congratulations to Michael Phelps, and you can KMA Mittens.

August 1, 2012 09:03 am at 9:03 am |
  6. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Right wingnuts will complain that our president took time to tweet, when he should have been waiting for the anti abortion, anti women's rights legislation coming out of the leaderless house of representatives. No jobs bills, just attacking women's reproductive rights by the right wingnuts.

August 1, 2012 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  7. Wake up people

I am loving the Olympics. Between the swimming and the gymnastics, I don't know which I like best. Gymnastics probably as I remember watching Nadia Comanechi win as a child. Love Michael Phelps also. I swear he is part fish.

August 1, 2012 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  8. GI Joe

Our President knows what to say -- and he knows when to say it.

August 1, 2012 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  9. 97 Days until Obama is RE-ELECTED

Congrats Michael. Great job !!!

August 1, 2012 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  10. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

It is nice that the president is watching that. I hope that this wasn't a live feed watching but a rehash. Draw up your tax plans and other policy goals so that they can be put forth.

August 1, 2012 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  11. Jerry

The desperate "ONE" strikes again!!! Wow wee!!!

August 1, 2012 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  12. Sniffit

Obama speaks the truth...we are proud of it and him. I bet the anti-marijuana lobby isn't too thrilled that he's the biggest Olympic champion in history tho. Sortof fouls their silly demagoguery arguments a bit.

Legalize it.

August 1, 2012 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  13. demwit

Finally! Something positive for Obama to tweet about...

August 1, 2012 10:29 am at 10:29 am |